Emilia Clarke Confirms She Is Done with 'Game of Thrones' & Kit Created New Show

LP54

And it will be hard to avoid the planned Game of Thrones prequel, House of the Dragon, which is set to premiere on HBO in August.

Clarke will be watching and is "fascinated" to see what it will be like, before reflecting: "It's going to be weird as hell.

"I'm going to watch this as a fresh viewer because it's [set] a be-jillion years before our show, so it's going to feel different."

And in response to a story in The Hollywood Reporter that Kit Harington will reprise his role as Jon Snow in a Game of Thrones sequel, Clarke says: "He has told me about it. And I know it exists. It's happening."

Then, perhaps realising she may have said more than she should have, she adds: "It's been created by Kit as far as I can understand, so he's in it from the ground up. So what you will be watching, hopefully, if it happens, is certified by Kit Harington."

Which raises the question - would she ever consider appearing in a spin-off to Game of Thrones, or is she done with dragons?

"No, I think I'm done," she says firmly and laughs. Emilia Clarke is ready to move on.

Source: Emilia Clarke swaps Game of Thrones' dragons for Chekhov's The Seagull - BBC News

Regardless of her answer, some people are still speculating and making conspiracies that Emilia/Dany may make a surprise return in this new show. And that something about Targaryen resurrections might be revealed as part of this prequel which is why it was purposefully about Targaryens.

Thoughts?

i mean, the ending they gave her in the original series was so underwhelming that i am not excited at all for this. even if they somehow bring her back its just overall ruined for me tbh 

2 minutes ago, Power love said:

When does this spinoff come out??

Probably years and that’s if HBO likes it. 

18 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

Probably years and that’s if HBO likes it. 

This.

I say at earliest this Jon Snow spinoff would air is in 2024 if it makes it that far with HBO.

How it can even happen? we don't even know if she dies in the books. OH, the irony, George always disliked fanfiction and the live adaptation of his magnum opus turned to be that. :celestial5:

Bich if you won't come back when they'll offer you the revenge ressurection plot :grump:

3 hours ago, LP54 said:

Targaryen resurrections might be revealed as part of this prequel which is why it was purposefully about Targaryens

What?

this def didn’t happen in the book the prequel is adapted from. And it’s stupid. If people can just come back to life then what are the stakes? 

So, the Jon spin-off is basically Kit's idea and he's in charge? Sounds amazing already :skull: 

I was hoping this would be a GOT sequel and not a spin off where Dany is resurrected and the original show is REDEEMED thanks to great writing, acting and visuals.

I guess not. 

keep it buried and forgotten.

:isudumblmao:

Maybe the dragon carried her to some magical volcano and dropped her in there and then she was resurrected :duca: 

I legit thought Kit was done with the show. I can't. :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.