who has better longevity? Kelly Clarkson or Christina Aguilera?

supertiffany

who has better longevity? Kelly Clarkson or Xtina?   

80 members have voted

1. 1. who has better longevity? Kelly Clarkson or Xtina?

• kelly Clarkson
    • Christina Aguilera

1 hour ago, tshwark said:

After Stronger Kelly gave up, Christina had Feel this moment and Say something years after.

Underneath The Tree says HI

Yall stuck on features lmao that's the only way she can even get a hit

My favorite can still chart 

Edited by KCFan2014

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCFan2014

• BionicWooHoo

• feelslikeadream

• Erreur2 La Nature

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

You're forgetting the fact "Liberation" came out when Xtina was 20 years into her career after a 6 year break after a flop album

In contrast, "Meaning of Life" came out when Kelly was just 14 years into her career, and was a huge underperformance when compared to "Piece By Piece" released just two years prior. The singles also underperformed (Piece one top 10 and one top 25 single). And all the other singles from "Meaning of Life" failed to chart.

When everything is taken into account, Christina's "Liberation" did objectively better, even if it didn't produce any hits. 

I’m going to kindly disagree and say this is a weird take. MOL was still a much more successful album. It debuted at #2 and spent 8 weeks on Billboard 200, with a single that charted and was then nominated for a couple of Grammys. The Meaning Of Life Tour ended up being one of Kelly’s most successful tours selling out every arena date. And this was in 2019, months before her show started.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/kelly-clarkson-meaning-of-life-tour-highest-grossing/

Not to mention her Christmas hit “Underneath The Tree” charting and doing so well every year:

Speaking of show: her show just picked up 5 more Emmys. She could win 2 other ones this week.

I’m sure Christina is just fine though. I just posted all this because numbers are fun ? 

Edited by Ab1818

11 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

When everything is taken into account, Christina's "Liberation" did objectively better, even if it didn't produce any hits. 

I'm sorry, but do you understand the meaning of "objectively"? :psyduck:

Liberation:

- Sold fewer copies

- Debuted and peaked lower

- Charted for fewer weeks

- Had fewer Hot 100 entries (zero)

- Tied for GRAMMY noms, but in less impressive categories

This is the definition of one album (Liberation) doing objectively worse than the other (MoL). I understand that in your subjective opinion, Liberation was more of a success, but I primarily work with facts and figures when considering a question like the one in the OP.

Kelly by a hair and only because of her personality gigs she’s landed recently

• ATRL Moderator

After Stronger Kelly gave up, Christina had Feel this moment and Say something years after.

After Stronger, Kelly had a successful Greatest Hits album, a smash Christmas album (with a single that is getting closer to the Top 10 every year), another #1 album with two hit singles (one of them a Top 10), and a Top 3 album after that with a Platinum single.  I wouldn't say she gave up.

One can't chart...one can 

One wears strap on for attention...one is winning Emmy's 

End of discussion

Edited by KCFan2014

3 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

After Stronger, Kelly had a successful Greatest Hits album, a smash Christmas album (with a single that is getting closer to the Top 10 every year), another #1 album with two hit singles (one of them a Top 10), and a Top 3 album after that with a Platinum single.  I wouldn't say she gave up.

But no impact, no single to be found when the year end chart was released, whether we like or not Feel this moment and Say something smashed hard, doesnt mean kelly is over but Christina started in 99 so it is more impressive.

Y'all now that Kelly Can't release her new album because of her divorce. Kelly would've had more success of she had released it Last year.

• ATRL Moderator

But no impact, no single to be found when the year end chart was released, whether we like or not Feel this moment and Say something smashed hard, doesnt mean kelly is over but Christina started in 99 so it is more impressive.

Heartbeat Song did make the Year End Hot 100 in 2015.  And Piece By Piece was impactful.... it was released months prior and did nothing on the charts, and Kelly did a simple piano performance of it on TV and it shot up to the Top 10 (as did the album).  

Holiday singles don't chart long enough often times to make the year end Hot 100, but Underneath The Tree has hit the Top 15 of the Hot 100 for the past two years.

Kelly

no one hears/cares about this Christina girl outside pop music forums

• ATRL Moderator

Kelly.

Kelly was able to get solo top ten hit in 2015, while Christina's last hit was in 2008

neither did. but xtina had a much higher peak and iconicness than the tv host

5 hours ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Y’all have literally done this thread four times in the last year jfc 

True and Christina lost every single one of them.

OT: Clarkson is still demolishing Aguilera, on every metric. 

Kelly and it's not even close.

Christmas time Kelly smashes. Other seasons she has her show and The Voice (before).

In terms of catalog, I think Kelly's hits are outstreaming Christina's hits.

Both of them have Grammys. Kelly has been winning Emmys recently.

Not sure what makes you think Christina has more longevity when I don't even see her in the news since 2018?

7 hours ago, KCDC said:

The resident local rancher, Kelly Clarkson.

?

Edited by Rv1709

Kelly by far. Wrapped in Red was released 10 years into her career and it sold over 1 million in pure sales in the US (alone). Even her GH album outsold Keeps Gettin' Better so it must be her.

4 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

True and Christina lost every single one of them.

OT: Clarkson is still demolishing Aguilera, on every metric. 

You make the same topic four times within a short time span catered to obsessed Xtina haters and you expected a different result? 

21 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

You make the same topic four times within a short time span catered to obsessed Xtina haters and you expected a different result? 

Ok grandma…
I did not make this thread and haven’t made a thread about Xtina in some months either.

Not sure if you wanted to quote someone else or just got lost here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.