who has better longevity? Kelly Clarkson or Christina Aguilera?

supertiffany

who has better longevity? Kelly Clarkson or Xtina?   

80 members have voted

1. 1. who has better longevity? Kelly Clarkson or Xtina?

• kelly Clarkson
    • Christina Aguilera

Kelly Clarkson or Christina Aguilera? 

both are the biggest pop vocalist of the 2000's 

who has better longevity in 2020's and beyond?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCFan2014

• BionicWooHoo

• feelslikeadream

• Erreur2 La Nature

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know Christina. So that one

Auq8KAw.gif

Not you trying to take the heat off Gaga by making this :rip:

Kelly is bigger in 2022 and has been for several years but the other is more remembered(mainly for her first 2 eras that were Britney inspired)

i will go ahead and say xtina cause shes still headlining events, constatly releasing music, has somewhat better stats (which is not exactly hard to do but she does it nonetheless)

Kelly had a solo smash hit 10 years after her debut. Christina was tanking like no other 10 years after her debut.

Also Kelly is a relevant celebrity today, Christina isn't.

Who’s the better singer and seller Xtina

Who have the most nostalgic songs and bops imo Kelly. Behind These Hazel Eyes what xtina song fighting against that one,  All I Have? I think not 

Kelly in…. Every metric. She’s a celebrity darling that even people who didn’t listen to her music religiously respect and love 

Kelly Clarkson is bigger in Billboard charts, and more successful overall and has longevity. Xtina has more iconic moments tho.

Kelly is more relevant. 

Christina will always have the bigger overall career but Kelly has lasted longer on the Billboard Hot 100. Christina was the MUCH bigger celebrity in the 2000s, and now Kelly is the bigger celebrity due to her talk show. So...

Bigger peak = Xtina

More longevity = Kelly

Christina has a way bigger career thanks to her much larger peak. But Kelly is going to end up outlasting her, though.

It’ll be interesting to see who ends up with the larger career.

After Stronger Kelly gave up, Christina had Feel this moment and Say something years after.

Kelly sweetie...

Legitimately can't understand how anyone is saying Xtina re: longevity :rip:

Just now, feelslikeadream said:

Legitimately can't understand how anyone is saying Xtina re: longevity :rip:

Liberation at least got a few Grammy noms, not a total failure of an era. Kelly was getting noms while sort of failing commercially in the back half of the 10s as well… they’re kinda even but Xtina had an imperial 3-5 years before Kelly existed.

9 minutes ago, collin said:

Liberation at least got a few Grammy noms, not a total failure of an era. Kelly was getting noms while sort of failing commercially in the back half of the 10s as well… they’re kinda even but Xtina had an imperial 3-5 years before Kelly existed.

Ok but even if we're talking about their most recent (English) studio albums:

Meaning of Life (2017)

#3 debut, 79,000

Certified Gold

Lead single peaked #47 on Hot 100

2 GRAMMY nominations (one for Pop Vocal Album)

Liberation (2018)

#8 debut, 68,000

Only charted on Billboard 200 for 2 weeks

Lead single didn't debut on Hot 100

2 GRAMMY nominations (both for individual songs)

I still don't see how Xtina is winning this one. In the ~5 years since those albums, Kelly's celebrity has grown even more (including racking up Emmys) while Xtina's hasn't. I'm not hating on X and I'm not saying Kelly is doing amazing with her music right now, I just don't understand how in 2022 anyone could see Xtina as thriving more than Kelly.

Y’all have literally done this thread four times in the last year jfc 

39 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Meaning of Life (2017)

#3 debut, 79,000

Certified Gold

Liberation (2018)

#8 debut, 68,000

I still don't see how Xtina is winning this one. In the ~5 years since those albums, Kelly's celebrity has grown even more (including racking up Emmys) while Xtina's hasn't. I'm not hating on X and I'm not saying Kelly is doing amazing with her music right now, I just don't understand how in 2022 anyone could see Xtina as thriving more than Kelly.

MOL actually peaked at #2. The last time Xtina had a top 2 album Bush was still president.

53 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Meaning of Life (2017)

#3 debut, 79,000

Certified Gold

Liberation (2018)

#8 debut, 68,000

You're forgetting the fact "Liberation" came out when Xtina was 20 years into her career after a 6 year break after a flop album

In contrast, "Meaning of Life" came out when Kelly was just 14 years into her career, and was a huge underperformance when compared to "Piece By Piece" released just two years prior. The singles also underperformed (Piece one top 10 and one top 25 single). And all the other singles from "Meaning of Life" failed to chart.

When everything is taken into account, Christina's "Liberation" did objectively better, even if it didn't produce any hits. 

Edited by NausAllien

1 hour ago, tshwark said:

After Stronger Kelly gave up, Christina had Feel this moment and Say something years after.

This. Christina has the last real hit between the two of them, with Say Something coming 2 years after Stronger and she has 3 years of hits before Kelly even came out, so Christina wins this. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.