Gloria Estefan turned down Super Bowl Halftime, shades J. Lo

Bimbo

28 minutes ago, Breakthru said:

Meanwhile, Shakira steals from the Spanish government, constantly ignores her country's political situation, etc... Yet people love her, because she cultivated that humble image with the public and her peers.

Shakira has no obligation to comment on any political issue. She's not a politician. 

Also, she doesn't steal from anyone. Taxes are being paid from her income (and 14M € have already been transfered to the Spanish tax authorities. The trial is still going bc her team appealed.

OT: Gloria has all the tea about the artists involved, so she's definitely a little shady here.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocol

• James_Dean

• PopNStuff

• SavagePapi

Jlo is an amazing performer. She needed her solo spot. Thats all. 

16 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Didn't Gloria Estefan gift JLo one of the records that jumpstarted her career ("Let's Get Loud")? Super ungrateful. :coffee2:

Yes and she did harmonies for that song in the chorus and the same goes for whenever wherever so she would’ve been a cute guest for both

12 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Do the GP actually dislike JLo or is it purely an internet thing? Anytime I hear JLo hate it’s always online.

It's just the echo chamber that is Twitter :zzz:

11 hours ago, Protocol said:

I mean Hips Don't Lie alone is massively more iconic than any JLo song and has infinitely better recurrent streams than many of her top hits put together

"Massively more iconic" is a stretch and I'm pretty sure it's not even that far from On The Floor in recurrent streams, let alone from multiple hits added to it :rip:

At least up to the last time I checked Waka Waka also had underwhelming recurring stats for how humongous it was but everyone still remembers it and can sing along to it easily, so I wouldn't read too much into these things to determine what is iconic, remebered, a classic, etc.

Shakira overshadowed jlo and had a bigger boost on her catalog than Jlo did for the hts 

jlo could have stayed home and shaki done it solo and no one would’ve had an issue 

I mean I’ve already put my two cents after watching the documentary. I liked it, but this is also true. You can tell JLo was really hurt about sharing the stage.

but the supreme of Latin music (Gloria) was clearly the first choice not you JLO stop trying to take everything lol. aaaaaaand i read this from numerous sources after the

announcement back in 10/2020.

I remember JOURNALIST FROM NY POST CLEARLY A JLOVER WAS Shading MY GIRL - come 2/3/20 kissing ass on Twitter. Lollllll 

tbh people need to let this go. They compromised put on an amazing show life goes on. 

18 hours ago, Protocol said:

Absolutely not, which is why she didn't. She does not have an iconic enough discography to be able to go at it alone. Her US music career is pretty much limited to forgotten hits from 1999-2002 and one hit in 2011 thanks to Pitbull and a big sample.

She has more US hits than Shakira and is on par with Gloria (JLo has the edge) so, yes, she could have. On top of that she is a hell of a performer.

Edited by MALAMENTE

Tbh, I would've preferred to see Gloria on her own than watch J-lo. Never liked her and I never will. Overrated asf.

Jennifer Lopez is a joke. She is a D list music artist, C list actress and a fad from the late 90's early 2000's. Her career is built on her relationships with men and no one will ever take her seriously. She was lucky Gloria and Shakira didn't do it without her because otherwise she would still be making direct to video movies. 

On 6/23/2022 at 3:10 AM, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

It’s so funny how a majority of ATRL that stans JLO are also anti bey, anti Taylor, made some questionable racist remarks on this forum, etc., but it’s just a damning observation I made. 

:celestial2:

You are a LIAR, I’m a JLo Stan and I love love Taylor Swift and I saw Beyoncé during formation tour on Belgium, I really like her.

JLo shared the stage with Taylor during Red Tour, Taylor is a JLo fan.

4Na2.gif

JLo did work with Beyoncé.

tumblr_mzvwsbJ5q81qez005o5_250.gif

The first page of this thread is full of Lambs comments.

Jennifer got black and gay fans you are the hateful person here, you always come with your hate in all the JLo threads.

We see you. :cupid:

And the delusional people were saying JLo was gonna do it on her own and the Shakira was added :ahh:

JLo was never gonna headline alone. She should be thankful Shakira agreed or else they would have gone with a different concept. She's not a big enough musician and her catalog is not strong enough. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 11:20 AM, AcidPrince said:

Jlo is an amazing performer. She needed her solo spot. Thats all. 

they should've used this opportunity to drop a collab or drop one soon in general period and end this feud that stans and the media created

On 6/23/2022 at 12:22 PM, youcallingmyname said:

Shakira overshadowed jlo and had a bigger boost on her catalog than Jlo did for the hts 

jlo could have stayed home and shaki done it solo and no one would’ve had an issue 

alot of people that don't "like" jlo just has to do with the fact that people feel like she's an overexposed celebrity so people either don't take her seriously or are just tired of her being so omnipresent which isn't her fault that's on the media

On 6/23/2022 at 1:19 PM, MALAMENTE said:

She has more US hits than Shakira and is on par with Gloria (JLo has the edge) so, yes, she could have. On top of that she is a hell of a performer.

this like say what you want about jlo but mama is a polished showgirl

On 6/23/2022 at 6:48 PM, GlamSlam said:

Tbh, I would've preferred to see Gloria on her own than watch J-lo. Never liked her and I never will. Overrated asf.

why don't you like her in specific?

On 6/23/2022 at 7:27 PM, Edit0rz said:

Jennifer Lopez is a joke. She is a D list music artist, C list actress and a fad from the late 90's early 2000's. Her career is built on her relationships with men and no one will ever take her seriously. She was lucky Gloria and Shakira didn't do it without her because otherwise she would still be making direct to video movies. 

this comment is rather misognystic basing her worth on just the relationships that she's been in

On 6/24/2022 at 3:09 AM, Johnny Cash said:

And the delusional people were saying JLo was gonna do it on her own and the Shakira was added :ahh:

JLo was never gonna headline alone. She should be thankful Shakira agreed or else they would have gone with a different concept. She's not a big enough musician and her catalog is not strong enough. 

that last statement is just a bold face lie tf

It’s really unprofessional to mention you wanted to be alone from Jennifer after. Jennifer doesn’t have enough hits to do it alone you can see everybody was struggling to sing along to the songs she did end up doing :deadbanana4:

7 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

why don't you like her in specific?

She gives the impression she's better than everyone else, her boring music and movies. Not a fan at all.

Genuinely baffled that people think JLO would be strong enough to solo (or headline) the SB halftime given all the performances / acts in previous years :rip:

Say what you want about JLO but how could anyone say she couldn’t do a halftime show alone? :rip: She easily has more recognizable hits in the US than Shakira and is a phenomenal entertainer. 

Edited by Mezter

You don’t have to like JLo to admit that she has enough hits to do the halftime show on her own. Same with Shakira.

I don’t know why people are refusing to use common sense to understand where JLo was coming from when she made that comment. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.