Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocol

• James_Dean

• PopNStuff

• SavagePapi

JLo could have done it by herself. 

Just now, Jay-El said:

Absolutely not, which is why she didn't. She does not have an iconic enough discography to be able to go at it alone. Her US music career is pretty much limited to forgotten hits from 1999-2002 and one hit in 2011 thanks to Pitbull and a big sample.

Yikes. For someone who shares so much of her music with other, more talented voices, JLo sure has a problem with collaboration. 

Didn't Gloria Estefan gift JLo one of the records that jumpstarted her career ("Let's Get Loud")? Super ungrateful. :coffee2:

If Gloria had accepted alongside Shakira, they could’ve sent J.Lo home and had two amazing Latin talents on that stage. 

Her doc had nothing interesting to say so she had to play the race card to justify her ego.

You do not publicly criticize the presence of another artists on stage AFTER you agree to do it. It’s not classy.

13 minutes ago, Jay-El said:

ofcourse she can, but the gp loved watching shakira more than her. this jlo hate train will never end I fear ?

11 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Absolutely not, which is why she didn't. She does not have an iconic enough discography to be able to go at it alone. Her US music career is pretty much limited to forgotten hits from 1999-2002 and one hit in 2011 thanks to Pitbull and a big sample.

I think JLo is being weird about this but this is kind of a lie. She could have filled out the halftime show by herself. She does in fact have enough recognizable hits to do it. 

Surely she doesnt have issue with the production, the energy, the capability of performing for 15 minutes, she is interesting performer

But I must say that I agree that it's her discography which cant pull it off

She must be big head with all the big awards (Vanguard, Icon award, etc.) they gave on award show, but those performances on VMA, AMA, BBMA don't make noise either because she kept performing same old songs

She is even a tier below Usher and Alicia who has more and stronger hits than her yet havent performed, yet she is lucky her celebrity status could get a Superbowl offer

She didn’t shade her if you really watched the clip 

It’s sad seeing two beautiful Latin queens shade each other. Just get along & support each other. It’s not hard

5 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

I think JLo is being weird about this but this is kind of a lie. She could have filled out the halftime show by herself. She does in fact have enough recognizable hits to do it. 

She hasn't been truly relevant in music since 2003, I really disagree that she could do a halftime alone :rip: There's a reason they brought in Shakira. JLo is not Beyonce. She never got any respect in terms of music, no well-received albums by critics, zero Grammys, and all her old songs have low recurrent streams.

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

She hasn't been truly relevant in music since 2003, I really disagree that she could do a halftime alone :rip: 

She had a successful Vegas residency, she could easily do the halftime show on her own :rip: it's not the Grammys :deadbanana4:

This is how misinformation and disinformation happens.

Gloria Estefan NEVER said that J.Lo didn't want her to join them, she said that they only had 12 minutes and if she would have said yes, she would have come out for 1 min and that she didn't want to get on a diet for the show.

Again she never even shaded J.Lo. These Mariah Carey accounts keep spreading lies.

27 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Ah shut up, Jlo is a top tier performer and she would have slayed as a solo halftime act.

Gloria always gives the true tea.  Legend. :clap3:

31 minutes ago, Protocol said:

JLo could've easily eaten up that stage by herself. Her recent Vegas residency and concert tour prove it

I personally respect jlo for her hustle and strong work ethic but it’s kinda of true what peeps in Twitter say. She has no respect in the music industry from critics or her peers which is why she has no Grammys or acclaimed albums. Shakira and Gloria Estefan despite US no being there main market do have respect from the music industry and legends themselves in music and there sheer talent alone is overwhelming. 

jlo hasn’t been commercially successful since the mid 2000s with the exception of her pit bull collabs in the 2010s. 

13 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

She had a successful Vegas residency, she could easily do the halftime show on her own :rip: it's not the Grammys :deadbanana4:

So did the Backstreet Boys, are they Superbowl headliner material in this day and age?

That was not shade :skull:

25 minutes ago, Protocol said:

She hasn't been truly relevant in music since 2003, I really disagree that she could do a halftime alone :rip: There's a reason they brought in Shakira. JLo is not Beyonce. She never got any respect in terms of music, no well-received albums by critics, zero Grammys, and all her old songs have low recurrent streams.

I mean…you can pretend all you want that Jlo couldn’t do a halftime when she is a very good entertainer and every song she did at the halftime was recognizable (and could have then been extended sequences instead of 30 seconds) + the songs she didn’t do (All I Have, Im

Real). If  it makes you feel…good? I mean sure.
But I’m definitely not going to go back and forth about it. 

JLo has plenty of hits to do an entire half time herself pls stop lying to yourselves. 

- If You Had My Love

- Waiting for Tonight

- Let’s Get Loud

- Love Don’t Cost A Thing

- I’m Real

- Ain’t It Funny

- Jenny from the Block

- All I Have (I wouldn’t have included it on the set list personally but it’s well known)

- I’m Glad (not as memorable but one of my favs)

- Get Right 

- On the Floor

Jenny didn’t say anything wrong. & I think the documentary did a good job explaining why getting 2 latinas for one super bowl when BOTH could’ve done their own was weird. 

Not to mention they’re running out of SB worthy performers. What was the point of doubling up?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.