Spotify: Beyoncé's "BREAK MY SOUL" #42 (+1) 1.66M WW, #35 (-6) 447k US [Day 63]

Ratviolo
Bloo
Message added by Bloo,

This is not a thread meant for a Gaga vs. Beyoncé stan war. Trolling in any form, particularly pro-Gaga trolling, will result in a thread ban. Please report members accordingly.

Johnny
Message added by Johnny,

no more talking about stupid flop in here. and no more trolling from a certain fan base. I have a WP / ban stick and I’m not afraid to beat you with it. 

From now on only people interested in this (awesome) song’s chart run for INTEREST and not for DRAGS are allowed. i will seriously rain down /tsunami WPs on u if u try to get brave after reading this!

have a good weekend everyone! Much love

1 hour ago, swissman said:
  • Taylor had a #1 hit from a re-recorded song she released last year. Her most recent re-recording held the previous highest Spotify debut streams for a female artist. I think it makes sense to list her, even if we know this is not "new" material. She released, and therefore she counts.
  • Lizzo just scored her fourth consecutive Top 5 hit since 2019, of which three of those songs have a combined total of 12 RIAA platinum records.
  • Others like Rosalia, Charli, and Anitta may not be at her stature, but they certainly are younger artists (which tend to do better on Spotify) with considerable about of love, hype and popularity.
  • Peers like Christina, Avril and Mary are all HUGE names in the industry and though they may not reasonably be expected to have the same success as Beyoncé who has maintained her relevance since the 1990s, they're still fair to be included, even if solely used as a marker of comparison.
  • There was also Lady Gaga who I forgot to mention (strangely, as she's mentioned so much in this thread already) who is indeed a big name relative to Beyoncé's star power.

So sure, the record she has may be due to the fact that not a lot of big names have released yet. But..I said as much after listing those names.

Taylor is the only big name there. Lizzo had a hit start but nothing of hers was big off name alone. 

Younger doesn't mean you have the star power or the sale pull. 

When was xtina us literally singing in Spanish and when last was anyone looking for Christina, Mary or Avril like that? 

Lady Gaga's song is literally from a movie soundtrack. How much did Bey's last movie soundtrack do?

Then what was the point if arguing my point when I pointed it out? Why not just agree and move on? Even this reply starts of with you arguing with why those other names were sufficient competition instead of just agreeing and ending it there.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Ratviolo

• BnPac

• abeille

This is still going :rip:

OT: Stable :clap3:

RELEASE YOUR ANGER

RELEASE YOUR MIND

RELEASE YOUR JOB

RELEASE THE TIME

RELEASE YOUR TRADE

RELEASE THE STRESS

RELEASE THE LOVE

FORGET THE REST 

46 minutes ago, Blue G said:

Taylor is the only big name there. Lizzo had a hit start but nothing of hers was big off name alone. 

Younger doesn't mean you have the star power or the sale pull. 

When was xtina us literally singing in Spanish and when last was anyone looking for Christina, Mary or Avril like that? 

Lady Gaga's song is literally from a movie soundtrack. How much did Bey's last movie soundtrack do?

Then what was the point if arguing my point when I pointed it out? Why not just agree and move on? Even this reply starts of with you arguing with why those other names were sufficient competition instead of just agreeing and ending it there.

Let's back up.

This began because I said: "she got the highest first day streams of a female artist this year"

to which you said: "Name the female artists that dropped project this year."

to which I responded with a shortlist only including names big enough to make the point that Beyoncé was not the only major female artist this year who released new music to Spotify. I did not intend to include those which do not have fans, nor those who are niche or underground or whose releases I did not see being talked about, anticipated, or finding success.

If you expressly wanted only people on Beyoncé's level, perhaps you might have been more specific. If that is the case then we can see that:

Lady Gaga released a song year.

Nicki Minaj released songs year.
Taylor Swift released a song this year.

Beyoncé released a song this year.

All four of them are in the list of The Top Ten Most Streamed Female Artists On Spotify and should fulfil your criteria of "big names only" and only one of them had the highest first day streams.

[I've included Nicki even though she wasn't solo because even using a feature the stat still remains true].

What seems to be the motive behind nitpicking those originally listed is to imply that since no other star on Beyoncé's level released, her getting the highest debut isn't important. But, what I had originally stated (to which you replied asking for a list) was that many people had insisted Beyoncé was not big at all, that her side projects, her soundtrack singles, etc. all pointed to the fact that she was "over". Now whether that was a lie meant to be shady, a lie meant to make those saying it feel better about themselves, or simply something they believed but which doesn't have basis in reality is unclear to me. But my point was that if that is at all considered true, then a "flop" or a "non-factor" (like what you seem to estimate the artists I gave to you in my list are), getting the highest debut for a female artist this year is in fact impressive.

I never said her numbers are THE MOST IMPRESSIVE DEBUT EVER. I never said it was something we should all be bowing towards. I pointed out the hypocrisy of a narrative that had been carried out over the course of several years and that continues here in this thread by suddenly expecting her to have done better.

I hope we can just end this circular discussion (and that people who claim to find me annoying don't insert themselevs into conversation with myself only to act annoyed when I offer a rebuttal) because there's really not more to be said on my end. I don't think I need to agree and move on, because that was not the issue that this conversation started with.

Edited by swissman

So many monsters acting unhinged and angry in here :bibliahh:I didn't expect this release to ignite a full on feud wow

really good 2nd day numbers :clap3:

Impressive hold, perched for Friday numbers :clap3:

2 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

Just finished my psychic conversations with both Bey and Gaga... they aren't happy with y'all. not at all. Spoke to Miss Carter first. It was a very brief conversation (I'm on the east coast and she in LA.. it's hard to establish a mental connection for long), but I quickly congratulated her on her new baby and on the new song. Told I'm happy to see her recording fun happy music again. Jay is treating you right, I hope. When I said this, she sent me a sense of calm all through my body; so I can confirm she and Jay are in a good place. I also mentioned that the online fan communities are fighting with each other over this song and comparing it to other songs. When I said this, she sent me migraine. I then heard a faint "Enjoy the music... enjoy life." So she does not agree with all the fighting and stats comparing. I left it at that (i dont want to make Beyonce moody.. god forbid she re-writes Renessiance into another boring 'i'm a queen' album). we need bops. so i said 'ok beyonce, thank you for letting me talk to you' and that was that.

I felt the need to contact Gaga as well, (to check up on her health, congratulate her on Hold My Hand, and let her know what the fan communities were also up to). I closed my eyes and focused on 'Gaga... Gaga...Gaga'. Before I knew it, I could hear "hElLpPpP mEEeEe NeEeEeDd MeEeEEeE" statically. I made a connection. congratulated her on Hold My Hand. she said thank you and she cant wait for whats to come. Her health is good. She sent me a feeling of calmness when I asked her. (Sometimes they respond vocally and other times physically). I let her know that people were comparing Stupid Love to Beyonces new single. She sent me a cold shudder. Then i heard a faint.. "Bey.. my friend.. mny friend". So she is not happy about the comparisons. I wanted to ask her about the rumored collab but the signal was dying out. I said bye, and that was that.

So there you have it ATRL. Your faves do NOT want you fighting. they want you to just enjoy the music

:bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

Just finished my psychic conversations with both Bey and Gaga... they aren't happy with y'all. not at all. Spoke to Miss Carter first. It was a very brief conversation (I'm on the east coast and she in LA.. it's hard to establish a mental connection for long), but I quickly congratulated her on her new baby and on the new song. Told I'm happy to see her recording fun happy music again. Jay is treating you right, I hope. When I said this, she sent me a sense of calm all through my body; so I can confirm she and Jay are in a good place. I also mentioned that the online fan communities are fighting with each other over this song and comparing it to other songs. When I said this, she sent me migraine. I then heard a faint "Enjoy the music... enjoy life." So she does not agree with all the fighting and stats comparing. I left it at that (i dont want to make Beyonce moody.. god forbid she re-writes Renessiance into another boring 'i'm a queen' album). we need bops. so i said 'ok beyonce, thank you for letting me talk to you' and that was that.

I felt the need to contact Gaga as well, (to check up on her health, congratulate her on Hold My Hand, and let her know what the fan communities were also up to). I closed my eyes and focused on 'Gaga... Gaga...Gaga'. Before I knew it, I could hear "hElLpPpP mEEeEe NeEeEeDd MeEeEEeE" statically. I made a connection. congratulated her on Hold My Hand. she said thank you and she cant wait for whats to come. Her health is good. She sent me a feeling of calmness when I asked her. (Sometimes they respond vocally and other times physically). I let her know that people were comparing Stupid Love to Beyonces new single. She sent me a cold shudder. Then i heard a faint.. "Bey.. my friend.. mny friend". So she is not happy about the comparisons. I wanted to ask her about the rumored collab but the signal was dying out. I said bye, and that was that.

So there you have it ATRL. Your faves do NOT want you fighting. they want you to just enjoy the music

I'm so happy they are both doing amazing. :heart:

1 hour ago, Jay L said:

So many monsters acting unhinged and angry in here :bibliahh:I didn't expect this release to ignite a full on feud wow

really good 2nd day numbers :clap3:

The feud is one sided. The hive seem unbothered and are celebrating the success :clap3: while the others are embarrassing themselves and showing how bitter they really are. :swan:

quite huge streaming numbers for a mediocre song which is almost 5 minutes long. me thinks she can get a #1 with the right song

Why the **** are people talking bout stupid love and gaga? and I'm a gaga Stan LMAO

Just now, OBEY said:

Why the **** are people talking bout stupid love and gaga? and I'm a gaga Stan LMAO

read the first page

4 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

Read only the last 2 pages of this thread and this is probably the best post on this whole mess :ahh:

42 pages ? like seriously ? 

Ohh and these are amazing numbers,  there's no debate :toofunny3:

Edited by Mystic Boy

truly serving STUPID LOVE :eddie:

4 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

RELEASE YOUR ANGER

RELEASE YOUR MIND

RELEASE YOUR JOB

RELEASE THE TIME

RELEASE YOUR TRADE

RELEASE THE STRESS

RELEASE THE LOVE

FORGET THE REST 

right? :ahh: 

15 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

truly serving STUPID LOVE :eddie:

Keep ignoring AM. #49 peak for SL :clap3: 

5 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

:deadbanana2:

The way the numbers are going to skyrocket on Friday once everyone releases their job for the weekend, oh I know the Monsters are going to be furious

gif.thumb.gif.18c4728199d6b4796a6a4480cd

On 6/23/2022 at 6:47 AM, Rotunda said:

As if the GP was looking for a leak of Stupid Love

:deadbanana4:

12 hours ago, Brishka said:

Not the hive pretending that their fave is stomping with such mediocre numbers:deadbanana2: You are not fooling anyone. 

:deadbanana2:

On 6/22/2022 at 4:54 PM, Sharapov said:

why are hive comparing her to gaga and not to top guns like adele and taylor?

you admit she's not on that level anymore then?

I don’t know if Bey was ever on there level to begin with though, at least not in terms of numbers. Gaga has always kind of been an apt comparison for Bey as a peer, they just differ in that Bey has had what seems to be the worlds best media team

beys media team kinda sucks (hive knows this), she’s just BEYLOVED :heart2: