UPDATE: The FDA has officially banned Juul e-cigarettes from US retailers

Gwendolyn

The US Food and Drug Administration is preparing to order Juul Labs to take its e-cigarettes off the market in the United States, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

Shares in the tobacco giant Altria Group, which owns a 35% stake in the maker of vaping products, fell 8.5% following the report. The decision could come as early as Wednesday, the Journal report said.

Juul has faced heightened scrutiny from regulators, lawmakers and state attorneys general over the appeal of its nicotine products to teenagers. In late 2019, under pressure, the company halted US sales of several flavors.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jun/22/fda-order-juul-e-cigarettes-off-us-market

UPDATE: 

The US is banning the sale of all products sold by Juul, one of the country's top e-cigarette companies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61914166

Edited by Gwendolyn
YOU DID NOT SEE.

Good, smoking is a scourge on society and younger generations would've mostly managed to avoid it if not for vaping brands like Juul 

A win for American High schools across the country. My American friends always complained about it :rip: it's a big problem in british schools aswell according to my sister :skull:

good, I and countless other people fell victim to these in college and developed a raging nicotine addiction

Good :clap3:. Regular cigs next.

Get cancer the legal and classic way!

cigarettes-cigaretes-a-lot-of-cigarettes

Good. Take them all out everywhere :clap3:

15 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

Get cancer the legal and classic way!

cigarettes-cigaretes-a-lot-of-cigarettes

It sure is that industry lobbying for the death of it. 

Uh, not sure how I feel about this. I know several people that have quit smoking regular cigarettes thanks to these. So I guess this means they... go back to cigarettes? :katie:

Yeah while cigarettes continue to be sold like nothing 

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

Good they also need to ban weed pens from being sold in MEDICAL dispensaries. I'm sure those things are just are bad as Juul 

Sure let's make the less harmful way to consume nicotine illegal but keep cigarettes legal.

12 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

Uh, not sure how I feel about this. I know several people that have quit smoking regular cigarettes thanks to these. So I guess this means they... go back to cigarettes? :katie:

I quit smoking by vaping, cigarettes became too harsh for me, now I don’t crave either. 

Let us kill ourselves slowly if we want to wtf?

good :clap3: 

Hmmm......make it make sense. Is this to revert back to original cigarettes as the primary The big 5: Altria, KT&G, British American Tobacco, Imperial Brands and Philip Morris all have e-cigarettes as a second business / ethical business, but all have all issued statements that there is no slowing down on the nicotine tobacco market either and they project they're still going to be just fine. The FDA's priorities aren't in order. 

king MYLE Cyrus coming to snatch the e cig thrown :clap3: :gaycat1:

I am GLAD and they should ban ALL vapes because I find myself using them for social events and I feel gross

0c3fb943195a820a50c9c379c593d75d55c41e8b

Not sure why they’re still targeting juul when there are dozens of crappier knockoff brands still being sold in every liquor store….. 

This will do nothing in the long run when it comes to nicotine consumption

Edited by Genie in a Bottle

officially banned in the USA now!

Remove all smoking

11 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Remove all smoking

This. All. Weed too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.