P4K: Honestly, Nevermind - 6.6

Brando

"A breezy Drake dance album sounds great in concept, but the half-measure house beats and lackluster songwriting keep it from really popping off" 

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/drake-honestly-nevermind/

Exact same score as CLB. And just a fraction away from Views (6.8) and Scorpion (6.9). 

i thought it be a bit lower, but deserved

19 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

Most overrated artist in the last 20 years easily. 

Truth be told, I doubt anybody "overrates" Drake. His music and artistic vision were never too complex, and he never presented them to be. However he's massively popular, the Ed Sheeran of hip hop, if you will. 

Literally just further proving what a ******* joke of a publication they are. This is the most uninspired album I've heard in a while and it has close to no redeeming factors, and they gave it a 6.6.

You're telling me THIS album is better than Preacher's Daughter (6.4)? :ahh: You're telling me this album is just 1 point away from Mr. Morale? :ahh: 

They really can't be taken seriously at this point.

The non-stop Drake butt kissing is getting ridiculous. People are so desperate to stay in the in-crowd. 

This getting a bigger score than Preacher’s Daughter tells you everything you need to know about Pitchfork in 2022

6.6 is way too high. I also appreciate that Drake is experimenting and the album has some good moments, but overall the production is not new or original at all and his vocals are grating on most songs where he sings, which makes majority of the album unlistenable. 

i mean 6.6 is a very fair score for a half-a$$ed project. at least he served something new to the table

That is extremely generous :rip: Horrible album with his tired, corny raps copy+pasted over tepid, flimsy "house" "beats"

3 hours ago, John Slayne said:

6.6 is way too high. I also appreciate that Drake is experimenting and the album has some good moments, but overall the production is not new or original at all and his vocals are grating on most songs where he sings, which makes majority of the album unlistenable. 

Pretty sure Kendrick's score was 7 something. 7.6?

-

Anyways, this album is miles ahead of CLB, so I'd that's a pretty low score. 

The way they refuse to pan even a **** project from him, giving every record a boring 6-something grade.

But I guess the shoe fits when the grading is as dull as his music and his persona.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.