Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

Weld_E

Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, IBelonginYourArms said:

The album went #1 in the US and all over the world. Both singles were top 5/top 10 all over the world. 

Rain on Me placed on every possible list of best songs of 2020 and won a Grammy. The album placed in many year end lists. 

So, yes, you don't need to be a 21-sized smash in the GP's eyes to be impactful. 

It worked for Gaga and her peers took a note. And the more desperately Gaga's haters try to disprove that, the more it becomes obvious that they most likely some truth in this comparisons and that hurts them, lmao

Sure, the delusion of this fanbase is too much :dies: 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Squall

• collin

• Cryptique

9 hours ago, yonsé said:

But Rain on me isn’t a house song??? That’s one of the least house songs on the record

Rain On Me is one of the most obvious house-influenced songs on the album :rip: 

Alice, Babylon, Enigma, Sour Candy, 1000 Doves and ROM are all heavily influenced by house music especially '90s house and ballroom music.

h0mqWpf.thumb.gif.bfe88d6cfb366018b65a46

Edited by T.O.A.D.S.

Chromatica is a dance album with 90s house influences. 

Listen to ROM demo and you can see how the songs started as house tracks and were slowly upgraded and modernized. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Every single critic referred to it as ''house''... but it seems because a Britney Spears stan made a thread on ATRL suddenly it's not? Never change ATRL :toofunny2:

This is from Pitchfork's album review, the same Pitchfork that ATRLers who really stan for teenybopper acts worship and use to show off their oh-so superior music taste:

"This is house music at its most shiny and immaculate, a genre made from ache and escapism, high strings and numbing throbs." 

25766721_trishstratusatrlpic.thumb.gif.34666d4e2fb26b2a1d8765b9d743bd6e.gif

oop :celestial2: 

House music, sweetie.

9 hours ago, yonsé said:

But Rain on me isn’t a house song??? That’s one of the least house songs on the record

Chris DeVille from Stereogum named "Rain on Me" as the best pop song of 2020, calling it an epic dance track that finds euphoria in resilience and stating "over a mammoth '90s-vintage house beat, Gaga and Grande channeled every ounce of their diva power, not quite erasing their trauma and struggle but vanquishing it for three minutes at a time".

4 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Some people really need to learn that correlation does not imply causation. 

Yes, Chromatica is an album that predominantly features house music. 

No, that does not automatically mean that Beyoncé was inspired by Chromatica/Gaga to release a house track. 

This is the most level headed response in this thread. Yes Chromatica is mostly a house pop record. No Beyonce was not inspired by Chromatica. 

5 hours ago, Juanny said:

Rain on me is absolutely house. You listen to the instrumental if the vocals are distracting u. It’s a very very house-driven record the beat that drives the song can’t be argued as anything other than it besides dance pop/pop as well. 

People really do say just about anything these days :dies: Thanks for putting them in their place!

4 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Some people really need to learn that correlation does not imply causation. 

Yes, Chromatica is an album that predominantly features house music. 

No, that does not automatically mean that Beyoncé was inspired by Chromatica/Gaga to release a house track. 

Like... it's not that hard to comprehend :skull: 

Yes. As in the sense that you never hear it outside your home. 

The choruses of Alice and Replay are the closest it gets to house. The rest is really just eurodance/dance-pop.

Beyoncé leaned into diva house and “soulful” house and Big Freedia added her touches. I wouldn’t say Beyoncé was inspired by Chromatica simply because that album isn’t inspirational or influential.

Edited by KMO

How are people trying to argue that it isn't house? Alice, Free Woman, Sour Candy, Enigma, 1000 Doves and Babylon are all straight up house songs, and Rain On Me and Replay are disco-house.

I think part of the issue is Americans referring to songs like this as 'EDM' rather than the actual genre. 

Anything to discredit Gaga cause you've been trashing Gaga's House Album since release only for your fave to release a cheap tacky and try hard copy :bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, Teen Idle said:

How are people trying to argue that it isn't house? Alice, Free Woman, Sour Candy, Enigma, 1000 Doves and Babylon are all straight up house songs, and Rain On Me and Replay are disco-house.

I think part of the issue is Americans referring to songs like this as 'EDM' rather than the actual genre. 

Because they hate Gaga :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Squall said:

No, it's just a basic and dated album, it doesn't make it "house". 

This is from Pitchfork's album review, the same Pitchfork that ATRLers who really stan for teenybopper acts worship and use to show off their oh-so superior music taste:

"This is house music at its most shiny and immaculate, a genre made from ache and escapism, high strings and numbing throbs." 

:bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Teen Idle said:

How are people trying to argue that it isn't house?

to down play its impact. instantly post release we saw:

R.ca2455b3e9aec6038de5f623f28f2d4b?rik=ktnp%2BzwsV71AUw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

R.f7995a853518cb1fb1f633f5de41fcd8?rik=DeEGQwQeYBYeZg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Not to mention katy's vegas reisdency starting with When I'm Gone (house track) and now Beyonce collabing with BTW Re-issue artist Big Freedia on a house track. They call it the Chromatica effect.

OT:

Yes.

Of course it is

Alice

Enigma

Rain on Me

Babylon

Replay

Sour Candy

Free Woman

All house or house influenced song

Thats more than half of the whole album

MBBQoP-HotWings.thumb.gif.9e74e55c4367a2

Imagine saying a song like enigma is not house when she even mimics the voice samples house producers used back when she sings

I meann just listen to this, not to mention the biggest hit of the album literally samples a house song

MBBQoP-HotWings.thumb.gif.9e74e55c4367a2

9 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

This is from Pitchfork's album review, the same Pitchfork that ATRLers who really stan for teenybopper acts worship and use to show off their oh-so superior music taste:

:bibliahh:

Yeah you said it already and why exactly would I care about Pitchfork?

No, it's a dance-pop album.

Gaga fans are becoming like the Madonna fans on here where they have to shoehorn her into everything.

3 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

No, it's a dance-pop album.

Gaga fans are becoming like the Madonna fans on here where they have to shoehorn her into everything.

YES.. With more than half of its songs with HOUSE influence and like 3-4songs that are HOUSE

1 hour ago, Mr. Stratus said:

to down play its impact. instantly post release we saw:

R.ca2455b3e9aec6038de5f623f28f2d4b?rik=ktnp%2BzwsV71AUw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

R.f7995a853518cb1fb1f633f5de41fcd8?rik=DeEGQwQeYBYeZg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Not to mention katy's vegas reisdency starting with When I'm Gone (house track) and now Beyonce collabing with BTW Re-issue artist Big Freedia on a house track. They call it the Chromatica effect.

OT:

Yes.

This post :ahh: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.