Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

Weld_E

Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

• Yes
    • No

its more dance/edm

but it has house songs.

so I say NO!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Squall

• collin

• Cryptique

16 minutes ago, Juanny said:

The poll :skull: does ATRL not know what is the sound of house music? I’m so perplexed, cause many of the songs are in-your-face house. Like the house beats are blasting out of the speakers like crazy

This album is 100% a house / dance album. There is literally no denying it when more than half the songs have THE classic and standard house beats and sounds on it and the house music tempo.

Gaga’s voice maybe gives it a different poppier twist and there’s a few songs like stupid love that lean to more of a dance pop sound but most of the album is house and anyone who ever listens to house music (I go to house clubs every weekend) will hear the sounds right away

Judging by the poll and the replies in this thread, ATRL does not listen to house nor do they know what it actually is

54 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Household waste maybe

the scream i let out :bibliahh:

i voted no because i don't know how house even sounds like :-*

Yes it is, the problem is that Stupid Love, yes a pop song is a poor representation of the albums true sound. 911 is the only other pop song. Everything else is House. 

Without a doubt yes.  A few songs lean more towards EDM and traditional Gaga-esque dance pop, but as a whole, it’s very much a house-inspired album with several songs that are considered house.  Idk why this is such a contentious issue all of the sudden, it’s like some people want to revise history bc their fave jumped on a trend.

Gaga's haters and their worms never fail to amaze me

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

17 minutes ago, Juanny said:

Im confused by why you’re tagging me. I say it’s a house record, rolling stone says it’s a house record…. So we agree

Sorry, I thought you were saying the poll results show ATRL didn't understand it was NOT a House record. Apologies.

Edited by NausAllien

42 minutes ago, Juanny said:

The poll :skull: does ATRL not know what is the sound of house music? I’m so perplexed, cause many of the songs are in-your-face house. Like the house beats are blasting out of the speakers like crazy

This album is 100% a house / dance album. There is literally no denying it when more than half the songs have THE classic and standard house beats and sounds on it and the house music tempo.

Gaga’s voice maybe gives it a different poppier twist and there’s a few songs like stupid love that lean to more of a dance pop sound but most of the album is house and anyone who ever listens to house music (I go to house clubs every weekend) will hear the sounds right away

26 minutes ago, Juanny said:

As house music lover, I encourage y’all to know what house music is. It’s a style of electronic music and u need to read the Wikipedia article. Their sample beat is here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:House_Music_Demo.ogg

At around 2 minutes you will hear a classic house beat it is used prominently in ROM, Alice, 1000 doves, and others on Chromatica. 

Daddy Juanny lecturing the girls as usual :clap3: 

It has some house elements but is a pop album

Is a lot more similar to the 2010s stuff.

I love Chromatica, is my 2nd favorite Gaga album, but it had no influence over anyone or lasting impact, the album was a huge underperformance while it deserved more.

I say this because there are users implying that it had influence over Beyonce while there is ZERO CHANCE of that.

Same happened with Joanne, every time Gaga puts some “insert genre” elements on an album and some other mainstream artist does some experimenting with that genre, her base claims that she influenced them :skull: 

21 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Without a doubt yes.  A few songs lean more towards EDM and traditional Gaga-esque dance pop, but as a whole, it’s very much a house-inspired album with several songs that are considered house.  Idk why this is such a contentious issue all of the sudden, it’s like some people want to revise history bc their fave jumped on a trend.

Yep! 

1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

It has elements of house but it's mostly a pop/EDM record, little monsters need to stop thinking Gaga invented the world every time a major artist drops their lead.

This :cm:

1 hour ago, kyliefever2002 said:

its just that chromatica has been referred to as a house body of work more in the last 24 hours than in 2 years of release 

Because two major artists just released house records? It's not surprising that we'd then discuss what other artists have released house music in the last few years. 

Not with those track lengths :rip:

For sure it's a dance album, and house is one of the it's genre. Even it has won Billboard Dance Artist/album or something.

19 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I love Chromatica, is my 2nd favorite Gaga album, but it had no influence over anyone or lasting impact, the album was a huge underperformance while it deserved more.

I say this because there are users implying that it had influence over Beyonce while there is ZERO CHANCE of that.

Same happened with Joanne, every time Gaga puts some “insert genre” elements on an album and some other mainstream artist does some experimenting with that genre, her base claims that she influenced them :skull: 

But how can you be sure there's zero chance Chromatica influenced Beyonce? How would you know? Yeah it may be a reach, but, unfortunately, there's a fairly strong argument that it did influence Beyonce because she dropped house music after Gaga's hit ROM introduced the mainstream to house.

Edited by Aristide

11 minutes ago, Trent W said:

That's where I think a lot of people on this forum are wrong.  Popular musicians listen to Gaga's records, she's still one of the biggest pop artists today.  This is the 3rd or 4th time in Gaga's career that she's released an album with a particular sound that immediately pre-cursed a wave of albums with similar sounds and inspirations.  We can either pretend that it's a super strange coincidence this continues to happen or actually acknowledge that she's been incredibly influential in driving the sound of pop over the past decade.

It’s a dance pop record with primarily 90s house, disco, electronic and traditional pop influences. 

2 minutes ago, Archetype said:

That's where I think a lot of people on this forum are wrong.  Popular musicians listen to Gaga's records, she's still one of the biggest pop artists today.  This is the 3rd or 4th time in Gaga's career that she's released an album with a particular sound that immediately pre-cursed a wave of albums with similar sounds and inspirations.  We can either pretend that it's a super strange coincidence this continues to happen or actually acknowledge that she's been incredibly influential in driving the sound of pop over the past decade.

I’m not trying to shade Chromatica because it was the first time I loved something that Gaga put out.

But there’s no way Drake and Bey released house music because of an album that came out 2 years ago that underperformed. Bey has been working on this album since like 2018/2019 there are even rumors it was supposed to come out in 2020 with a WW tour and it got delayed by the pandemic.

The timing of Gaga influenced Beyonce doesn’t make any sense from any angle.

We all know this album is deeply house influenced but the final product sanded off almost all of the original elements you hear in the demos that are classically house. The final product is much more dancepop/EDM and the moments of house are few and far between in the album.

Yes, just admit Beyoncé is following the trend  :giraffe:

:gaygacat3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.