Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

Weld_E

Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Would you classify Chromatica as 'house' music?

• Yes
    • No

I have never seen anyone refer to Chromatica as a 'house' album or describe it as 'house' music. Liddo's barely used the term until Break My Soul was released.

Do you consider Chromatica to be a 'house' album?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Squall

• collin

• Cryptique

there are house elements on a few songs. 

I would say Alice is the closest to straight house on the album. and the original version of free woman.

It has elements of house but it's mostly a pop/EDM record, little monsters need to stop thinking Gaga invented the world every time a major artist drops their lead.

it's run of the mill electro pop that she has been rehashing since 2011 :coffee2: 

Lots of reviews pointed out how Chromatica was House/House influenced on its release. It’s not something that just came out of nowhere, so people referring to the album as House/House influenced now isn’t some outrageous or surprising thing :rip:

Well what else would it be? 

If you don't consider that house then you know nothing about the genre. The thing about house is that it's not just ONE sound, there are many different types of house that are used on Chromatica. There are also different genres of EDM as well

It’s definitely house influenced which Bloodp*p even stated, I think it’s more prevalent in the demos that leaked which I wish we got more of instead of whatever the hell bloodp*p was doing in the end result.  

It's house inspired pop, but ultimately I'd say it's just a pop record, more than anything. 

10 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Lots of reviews pointed out how Chromatica was House/House influenced on its release. It’s not something that just came out of nowhere, so people referring to the album as House/House influenced now isn’t some outrageous or surprising thing :rip:

its just that chromatica has been referred to as a house body of work more in the last 24 hours than in 2 years of release 

13 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

chromatica transcends genre

I love this :coffee2:

It's house influenced clearly. Not full house since Gaga make pop songs infused with other genres and subgenres. 

Yes some of the songs are very house inspired. Espexially Babylon and Alice and Free Woman.

I loved it. 

2 minutes ago, themroshawottguy said:

It's house inspired pop, but ultimately I'd say it's just a pop record, more than anything. 

yeah this 

the early demos were giving more but they made them more pop for the album 

Haven't heard it since its realise week, but from what I remember it wasn't really house. Although a couple of tracks gave housy vibes. 

Who cares though. Chromatica wasn't impactful during its release week, let alone two years later. 

Liddos were calling it a "love letter to 90s house" on release week to digress from its poor quality. It's not a new label and the album has indeed a lot of house influence.

38 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

It has elements of house but it's mostly a pop/EDM record, little monsters need to stop thinking Gaga invented the world every time a major artist drops their lead.

Pretty much. 

It's a watered down, run of the mill, formulaic Pop radio friendly music with House decorations. Maybe songs like Replay are most successful at balancing that but songs like Alice, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Sour Candy, 100 Doves etc. are just so inexcusably basic :rip: Choruses like Enigma sound like some Swedish Eurovision losing entry :rip: It's also fun seeing one of the most persistent fan bases that took the atmost pride in stanning an ExPerMinTAL and RiSK TakiNg ArtIsTe settle for 2:30 length repetitive basic catering to streaming songs :coffee: Even some MDNA songs had more ideas to them. :cm:

Edited by Jjang

12 minutes ago, Brando said:

Who cares though. Chromatica wasn't impactful during its release week, let alone two years later. 

But people are saying the only reason Beyonce is releasing house music is because Chromatica brought the genre to the mainstream with hits like ROM.

Edited by Aristide

No. I would call it 2011/2012 EDM. House music is like the stuff Mariah did with David Morales back in the 90s

13 minutes ago, Aristide said:

But people are saying the only reason Beyonce is releasing house music is because Chromatica brought the genre to the mainstream with hits like ROM.

Yep. She immediately ran into the studio upon hearing it. Unfortunately Ariana refused to collab with her on a lead, so she settled for Freeda

It has house elements with some songs heavily using the genre so yes to a certain extent?

Beyoncé’s song is also a pop/mainstream take on house to a certain degree but is more of a “strictly house” song than anything on Chromatica.  
Y’all need to realize these are mainstream pop musicians whose broad musical appeal relies on synthesis of multiple genres and sounds. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.