• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• BnPac

• Armani?

• abeille

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

How accurate is this cuz 1989 moves about the same units in a span of a year and it's charting every week?

Yeah I'm confused by those 2 also cuz it doesnt seem to add up 

These Billboard numbers are from Nielsen so they are 100% reliable.

29 minutes ago, BnPac said:

How can BB not be reliable/accurate when it comes to US numbers? Weird... Or is it just a new rule only applicable to B? :sad:

Yes, welcome to ATRL - where official numbers from Billboard / HDD / IFPI are fake and people only believe their made up numbers or random bloggers like chartmaster

A3BE758C-9BE3-45F8-AF36-B8E47B9D3B60.gif

2 hours ago, Likingstars said:

ST 6x platinum wow oh wow :jonny5:

no

2 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

DIL - 6 ot 7x platinum altogether?

BDay - 4 or 5x plat?

IASF - Diamond eligible soon

4 - 4x plat

Self Titled - 6x plat

Lemonade - 3x plat?

it wont be diamond soon, it will take 4-5 years there lol. 

16 minutes ago, Sept said:

Yes, welcome to ATRL - where official numbers from Billboard / HDD / IFPI are fake and people only believe their made up numbers or random bloggers like chartmaster

A3BE758C-9BE3-45F8-AF36-B8E47B9D3B60.gif

not chartmasters :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

But this isn't a singles chart, this is an accumulation of all of her streams + sales combined to form album units.  Same formula they use for everyone

But you have Dua, Olivia reaching Diamond in the future faster than beyonce, and streaming benefited her singles to stay for ever charting and at the same time buffering album equivalent units, just stupid.

9 minutes ago, tshwark said:

But you have Dua, Olivia reaching Diamond in the future faster than beyonce, and streaming benefited her singles to stay for ever charting and at the same time buffering album equivalent units, just stupid.

In what galaxy are Dua and Olivia reaching diamond anytime soon? :bibliahh: :bibliahh: :bibliahh:when their mega successful albums have yet to surpass triple platinum eligibility ? 

WTF is this :rip:

Beyoncé can't lose to save her life. I know the haters are mad.

40 minutes ago, tshwark said:

When exactly do you see Lipa and Rodrigo reaching Diamond status with their albums in the U.S?

Certainly not even in the distant future and most certainly not on earth.

:rip:

Their singles hitting Diamond status is much more plausible ie. Good For You, Levitating (Remix) etc. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Those numbers for ST are insane. Deservingly so of course, it is her best album (and one that actually changed the industry). 

I wish they did a breakdown for everything. These numbers likely include YouTube units and not just audio streaming. 

4 hours ago, abeille said:

It was at 7.7M units per HDD's methodology. Billboard and RIAA use different ones. The album has been at 8M RIAA units for a while now.

ST and 4 have very respectable recurrent streams on YT and Spotify - the latter just crossed 4M units this year

4 hours ago, BnPac said:

The 7.7 M was from HDD no? I don't think they have the same figures. 

HDD numbers tend to be bigger though since they are all about total activity while Billboard uses post-album release units (not that it’s relevant for a 2008 album, just saying). It doesn’t make any sense :huh: 

6 minutes ago, Squall said:

HDD numbers tend to be bigger though since they are all about total activity while Billboard uses post-album release units (not that it’s relevant for a 2008 album, just saying). It doesn’t make any sense :huh: 

It's a 400k aka negligible difference anyway. Billboard gets theirs from Nielsen Soundscan so they're as accurate as it gets

9 hours ago, Ricky Wilson said:

Numbers sound fake...

To be fair, as you've been telling yourself she's a flop for so many years, it probably is difficult for you to be told by Billboard themselves that you've been lying to yourself and others.

'4' having the same certification as 'Born This Way' is shocking. In 2011 no one would've believed it. And over twice as much as Femme Fatale :rip: 

She needs to certify 

47 minutes ago, Protocol said:

'4' having the same certification as 'Born This Way' is shocking. In 2011 no one would've believed it. And over twice as much as Femme Fatale :rip: 

BTW is at estimated ~4.3m units in the US, so it has yet to surpass it, but yea, 4 recurrent streaming in the past decade was much better than BTW's.

Queen. That’s it and that’s all. 

4 had insane longevity :eek: I loved that album so happy for it to be a success after being called a "flop" or "underperformance" from her.

B'Day is also a favorite of mine and I'm not too sure if it's doing great in recurrent streams (it should! Deja Vu and Ring the Alarm are flawless) but I think it did great in physicals. I hope it can catch up with SPS because it's a really good album.

15 hours ago, Green said:

These Billboard numbers are from Nielsen so they are 100% reliable.

I think this numbers include user generated video streams that RIAA doesn't include 

5 hours ago, Mr. Duff said:

B'Day is also a favorite of mine and I'm not too sure if it's doing great in recurrent streams (it should! Deja Vu and Ring the Alarm are flawless) but I think it did great in physicals. I hope it can catch up with SPS because it's a really good album.

It's also a big favorite of mine but the songs do not do that well on streaming except Upgrade U. 

It's also because she stops singing Irreplaceable completely 10 years so the biggest hit is not really giving traction to the whole album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.