Would you love for Atrl to become a free speech forum ?

MoonGoodandHappy

Would you love for Atrl to become a free speech forum ?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Would you love for Atrl to become a free speech forum ?

• Yes, i want a 100% Free Speech ATRL
    • No, i want censorship and moderators

This entire site would become worse than what SYG was

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoonGoodandHappy

• Literature

• JBJT2786

• John Slayne

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I think most people misinterpret what free speech is about. It's not about saying/posting anything that crosses your mind, there are societal rules to be respected even there.

Says who? Let everyone do what they want. 

If anything It should be stricter.

Edited by Lithium.

I see many of y'all freely embarrass yourselves by speaking most of the time, so I don't see what needs to be changed.

Also as usual, everyone fails to realize freedom of speech means that other people also have the freedom to disagree with you. 

Edited by Obsession

I've seen some racist and transphobic stuff here, so I think mods would still be needed. But on the other hand I've been getting so many 48h bans for stupid comments that most users find funny and there's only a couple who say ''offensive!!! so rude!!!''

this costed me 48h hour ban :rip: please tell me who found this dumb comment offensive, being dumb is what I do here maam, I'm not even saying it to her face like this lesbian athlete is going to read ATRL :rip:

GUMyDar.png 

Is it really that restrictive, though? I don't get on here that often so idk

20 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

I've seen some racist and transphobic stuff here, so I think mods would still be needed. But on the other hand I've been getting so many 48h bans for stupid comments that most users find funny and there's only a couple who say ''offensive!!! so rude!!!''

this costed me 48h hour ban :rip: please tell me who found this dumb comment offensive, being dumb is what I do here maam, I'm not even saying it to her face like this lesbian athlete is going to read ATRL :rip:

GUMyDar.png 

how do you whine over racism and transphobia but feel ok being misogynistic ma :rip: pull yourself together. I personally find it gross when gays say **** like that towards women.

While voted yes. I can already envision those r*cist swifties's comments towards anyone ethnic if free speech was allowed. It would be a cesspit so maybe not :rip:

So people can be as racist as they want? No :rip: 

I remember the days of SYG and NHB and it was a mess. 

Nah y’all are annoying af and need to be censored

1 hour ago, Distantconstellation said:

Says who? Let everyone do what they want. 

Anarchy isn't exactly known for working in the real world!

36 minutes ago, Puma said:

how do you whine over racism and transphobia but feel ok being misogynistic ma :rip: pull yourself together. I personally find it gross when gays say **** like that towards women.

that wasn't sexist you idiot, it just that I expected a hot Olympic gymnast thats it. I'm not saying that being a old woman is bad or worthy or treating someone with inferiority. Fools like you are everywhere and make the internet a literal vanilla 

NO... because this forum is already "100% free speech" against certain artists :coffee2:

Ironically posters already have too much freedom to say dumb and horrific ****. :skull:

Absolutely. As of now, ATRL is a censorious, intolerant echo chamber of extremely far left values, identity politics, and labelling, leaving 0 room for opposing viewpoints or opinions. Even if a view is held by BILLIONS of people across the world, if its not pOlitICalLy cORreCt enough by some arbitrary ever changing standard then you get a ZTP, no matter how respectfully you try to articulate it. The biggest problem with the far left is their obsession with preventing people from even holding certain opinions, let alone voicing them. Kinda sus, you know? Like if your talking points were really that solid you wouldn't be so scared of people challenging them.

Edited by Literature

no, ive seen some nasty and vile stuff being said in here that should never ever be allowed. id say we should get free speech everywhere in the world if people get EDUCATED FIRST

8 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

no, ive seen some nasty and vile stuff being said in here that should never ever be allowed. id say we should get free speech everywhere in the world if people get EDUCATED FIRST

And by educated you mean agrees with you on everything.

I guess you don't understand what free speech is, because free speech means people are allowed to voice their opinions, no matter how much you "disagree" or "dislike" them. That's how you learn, that's how societies grow, and that's how humanity functions. Anyone trying to prohibit free speech is on the path to totalitarianism. 

1 minute ago, Literature said:

And by educated you mean agrees with you on everything.

I guess you don't understand what free speech is, because free speech means people are allowed to voice their opinions, no matter how much you "disagree" or "dislike" them. That's how you learn, that's how societies grow, and that's how humanity functions. Anyone trying to prohibit free speech is on the path to totalitarianism. 

i don't need people to always agree with me, but i don't think people should be able to voice their sometimes racist, transphobic and xenophobic opinions just for the sake of free speech. racism is crime, it aint just a simple opinion 

1 minute ago, kyliefever2002 said:

i don't need people to always agree with me, but i don't think people should be able to voice their sometimes racist, transphobic and xenophobic opinions just for the sake of free speech. racism is crime, it aint just a simple opinion 

And for that you are totalitarian. 

Why? Because if you come across anything you dislike you will throw a label on it, whether it be one of the three labels you mentioned or one of the other hundreds in your repertoire. And once you label an opinion, then you somehow feel it gives you the right to completely discard it without a second thought and trash anyone who holds it. You understand that is what every authoritarian government in history has done, right? You know that's exactly what they do to the Uyghurs in China right now? "Oh we're just educating them and trying to remove their religious extremism". These regimes don't just spawn overnight, they progress gradually, and they all begin by vilifying, labelling, and censoring a group of people they dislike.

Not really. Unfortunately 90%+ in this site have mental issues and get easily triggered by comments that disagree with them. Free speech is awesome but requires some level of maturity by the participants and, of course, private platforms like atrl are free to decide how censorship is applied here - and that's why the mental level of the audience matters.

I was just reading a thread at which some people are sobbing over other people implying they're expected to have a savings account at the age of 30 :psyduck:

Edited by Chimichanga

No..some users get away some racist and sexist BS on here as it is....

5 minutes ago, Literature said:

And for that you are totalitarian. 

Why? Because if you come across anything you dislike you will throw a label on it, whether it be one of the three labels you mentioned or one of the other hundreds in your repertoire. And once you label an opinion, then you somehow feel it gives you the right to completely discard it without a second thought and trash anyone who holds it. You understand that is what every authoritarian government in history has done, right? You know that's exactly what they do to the Uyghurs in China right now? "Oh we're just educating them and trying to remove their religious extremism". These regimes don't just spawn overnight, they progress gradually, and they all begin by vilifying, labelling, and censoring a group of people they dislike.

So being calling Black people different animals, telling people with mental issues they need to be locked up, and telling people they don't belong is totalitarian now? Mind you this was preZTP. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.