Pitchfork: "thank you Beyoncé"

taemin

11 minutes ago, Red Mage said:

Thank you Beyoncé, for showing people that house is an incredible genre and there are countless black women who do it better than someone who has 30 plus writers for an album. 

The genre was built on incredible black women with talent and Beyoncé is betting on people not doing research to find artists who do it better. 

No one is going to check out those irrelevant people y’all were trying to spam in the single thread. Fume :sistrens:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mobility Mary

• Squall

• Red Mage

• *-ChriZ-*

9 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

No one is going to check out those irrelevant people y’all were trying to spam in the single thread. Fume :sistrens:

No one here is fuming. We’re just making comments. Y’all love success but will shut your mouths the second something flops. I PRAY you shut your mouth soon. 

You’re like what, late teens, early 20s? Bless your heart. You’re too busy stanning K-pop groups that won’t be around in a decade. I can’t imagine being THAT obtuse to think immediate success garners long term appeal. Everyone flops eventually. Even average flop people like you. Stop stanning celebrities and focus on your real life; If you have anything worth praising. 

Edited by Red Mage

The fact they wrote all of that bull just to not give it bnm :skull:

7 minutes ago, Red Mage said:

No one here is fuming. We’re just making comments. Y’all love success but will shut your mouths the second something flops. I PRAY you shut your mouth soon. 

You’re like what, late teens, early 20s? Bless your heart. You’re too busy stanning K-pop groups that won’t be around in a decade. I can’t imagine being THAT obtuse to think immediate success garners long term appeal. Everyone flips eventually. Even average flop people like you. Stop stanning celebrities and focus on your real life; If you have anything worth praising. 

Not a whole paragraph of assumptions about me. Yeah, you’re definitely bothered.

tumblr_ogp1gnPEzC1vexporo1_400.gif

29 minutes ago, Red Mage said:

Thank you Beyoncé, for showing people that house is an incredible genre and there are countless black women who do it better than someone who has 30 plus writers for an album. 

The genre was built on incredible black women with talent and Beyoncé is betting on people not doing research to find artists who do it better. 

Beyonce legit has 100+ writers per album so you're excluding the hard work of 70 more people

Edited by Mobility Mary

3 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Not a whole paragraph of assumptions about me. Yeah, you’re definitely bothered.

tumblr_ogp1gnPEzC1vexporo1_400.gif

Girl I’m cooking dinner in my house that I paid for. I’m bored and in the mood and have plenty of time. Enjoy paying rent in the apartment you’ll never own. 

DM me if you really want to have some convos outside your delusional BTS lifestyle. 

Edited by Red Mage

8 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:
  • Exhibit C: " In the absence of a national memorial for those lost to COVID-19, celebrating life with this exact oeuvre is both haunting and comes with a sense of deliverance déjà vu. [...] is a palimpsest, its evocations and sounds layered deep in the sense memories of club heads." :rip:
  • Exhibit D: "it positions Beyoncé as a diva entering her Whitney Greatest Hits era" :deadbanana2:

This is not fumes. This is calling out grandiose delusions. 

This writer is full out crazy.  The Exhibit C line and "Palimpsest" took me out  :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

Beyonce legit has 100+ writers per album so what's your point

My point is she’s not delivering what y’all are buying hook line and sinker. She loves money and praise and y’all are giving her that without her lifting her pen at all. Honestly I’m jealous. I wish I had stupid people to make money for me while I reap the rewards from a genre I have nothing to do with. 

31 minutes ago, Red Mage said:

Beyoncé has up to 72 (SEVENTY TWO) writers for one album? :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, NausAllien said:

Beyoncé has up to 72 (SEVENTY TWO) writers for one album? :toofunny2:

I was being generous. You’re making her look so much worse. 

5 minutes ago, Red Mage said:

Girl I’m cooking dinner in my house that I paid for. I’m bored and in the mood and have plenty of time. Enjoy paying rent in the apartment you’ll never own. 

DM me if you really want to have some convos outside your delusional BTS lifestyle. 

Maybe you’d be less bored if you actually said anything worth arguing about.

Me? A BTS fan? Perhaps you’re cooking up some crack.

5 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Maybe you’d be less bored if you actually said anything worth arguing about.

Me? A BTS fan? Perhaps you’re cooking up some crack.

Bless your little heart. 

Anything else foolish you’d like to say while I’m waiting for my katsu curry to cook? It’s 9:50 EST US time so I have about 20 minutes to engage in foolish convo while my dinner cooks. Again, my DMs are open if you’d like to show your ass again. 

Edited by Red Mage

42 minutes ago, Red Mage said:

Bless your little heart. 

Anything else foolish you’d like to say while I’m waiting for my katsu curry to cook? It’s 9:50 EST US time so I have about 20 minutes to engage in foolish convo while my dinner cooks. Again, my DMs are open if you’d like to show your ass again. 

Mods, it’s never too late for those mental evaluations.

Her talent and ability knows no bounds! 

Haters are seriously so pathetic. :ahh:Getting their panties in a twist because excellence is being praised. :ahh:Losers. :ahh:

51 minutes ago, Red Mage said:

My point is she’s not delivering what y’all are buying hook line and sinker. She loves money and praise and y’all are giving her that without her lifting her pen at all. Honestly I’m jealous. I wish I had stupid people to make money for me while I reap the rewards from a genre I have nothing to do with. 

:ahh:this is the thought process of a Beyonce hater.

You sound mentally unwell. God bless you. What a weirdo. 

Beyonce as a questionably effective yet overused antidepressant class? :deadbanana:

Next ATRL thread "Pop girls as antidepressants"?

She has a new song??!

14 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:

Julienne needs to take a step outside her block. The devotions thesis and highest heavenly praises for an nice, okay song. It's comparable to liturgy at this point.

• Exhibit A: "Beyoncé as an SSRI :clown:, her attempt to assuage widespread depression and crushing stress"

• Exhibit B: "In the first verse alone, she encapsulates the Great Resignation, the Great Unionization, and quarantine insomnia" UMMM....

• Exhibit C: " In the absence of a national memorial for those lost to COVID-19, celebrating life with this exact oeuvre is both haunting and comes with a sense of deliverance déjà vu. [...] is a palimpsest, its evocations and sounds layered deep in the sense memories of club heads." :rip:

• Exhibit D: "it positions Beyoncé as a diva entering her Whitney Greatest Hits era" :deadbanana2:

I'm sorry but- :bibliahh:

15 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:

Julienne needs to take a step outside her block. The devotions thesis and highest heavenly praises for an nice, okay song. It's comparable to liturgy at this point.

• Exhibit A: "Beyoncé as an SSRI :clown:, her attempt to assuage widespread depression and crushing stress"

• Exhibit B: "In the first verse alone, she encapsulates the Great Resignation, the Great Unionization, and quarantine insomnia" UMMM....

17HSMdI.gif
17HSMdI.gif17HSMdI.gif17HSMdI.gif
17HSMdI.gif
17HSMdI.gif

19 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

This is rich coming from a TAYLOR SWIFT stan :bibliahh:

Not when it took them over a decade to even acknowledge her :rip:

10 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

:ahh:this is the thought process of a Beyonce hater.

You sound mentally unwell. God bless you. What a weirdo. 

Criticizing someone for not writing their music is valid so they didn't lie about that part

6 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

Criticizing someone for not writing their music is valid so they didn't lie about that part

There is nothing wrong with someone not writing their music. Not everyone is a songwriter. Whitney and Celine didn't write any of their songs, are they less legendary cause of that? Not to mention Beyoncé writes plenty and has heavy input in all her songs arrangement and production.

ALSO what should be criticized is professional singers that can't sing but none of y'all say anything about that huh?

Edited by Shinning

19 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Not when it took them over a decade to even acknowledge her :rip:

So you agree then, thanks for confirmation!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.