• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mobility Mary

• Squall

• Red Mage

• *-ChriZ-*

3 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Yes, because I can recognize quality dance music that has commentary on the current culture. Pitchfork spilled with that article and you will deal!

Quality with the same annoying beat going for 4 minutes, whenever you like something, it's bad, this is so funny :dies: 

9 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Not you trying to bring Ed Sheeran into a conversation about quality music :deadbanana2: 

Sounds like you missed the whole point of the post but ok :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Squall said:

Quality with the same annoying beat going for 4 minutes, whenever you like something, it's bad, this is so funny :dies: 

So because YOU dislike it, it has to be a fact. How egomanic of you. You must really think highly of yourself, yet here you are complaining nonstop in hopes of people agreeing with you because u are that miserable. The jokes write themselves. 

But hey, "release the ANGER" 

drunk-dancing.gif

What a terrible read :deadbanana4:

Beyonce is a human being who's also a recording artist with one (1) excellent album (Self-Titled). She's not immune to releasing bad music.

1 minute ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

So because YOU dislike it, it has to be a fact. How egomanic of you. You must really think highly of yourself, yet here you are complaining nonstop in hopes of people agreeing with you because u are that miserable. The jokes write themselves. 

But hey, "release the ANGER" 

drunk-dancing.gif

"complaining non-stop" because I DARE answering people quoting me for talking once? :ahh: and of course that fanbase would end up using insults, how surprising :rip:  at the end of the day, that song is generic and dated, see you when it flops because it's bad

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

Damn ***** is there anyone you do like? You have commentary on EVERY artist :ahh:

4 minutes ago, Aribiotch said:

YALLL MADDD LMAOOOOOO STAY MADDD

RIGHTTTT

1 minute ago, Squall said:

"complaining non-stop" because I DARE answering people quoting me for talking once? :ahh: and of course that fanbase would end up using insults, how surprising :rip:  at the end of the day, that song is generic and dated, see you when it flops because it's bad

You've been going on and on in this thread, so I assume you hope for people to agree with you to feel some validation. If I dont like sth, I just dont care and keep it moving. But here you are.

The fumes in here :lmao: 

Thank you indeed, Queen! :clap:

I am not a Bey stan by any means and I am also not too crazy about the new song, but one thing is for sure: there is no other artist on ATRL, not even Gaga who gets some of y'all completly rilled up and she truly brings out of the worst in some of you :rip:

Some of you should also learn to respect a publication, especially one like Pitchfork. Their opinion and taste simply matters.

The acclaim having the usual culprits seething IJBOL :rip:

Did they lie? I don't think they did.

Thank you, Beyoncé. :clap3:

Relatable: In the first verse alone, she encapsulates the Great Resignation, the Great Unionization, and quarantine insomnia. The determined chorus—“You won’t break my soul/And I’m tellin’ everybody”—is framed so that listeners can fill it with whatever we need in the moment

What :skull:

1 hour ago, sugarysunflower said:

Julienne needs to take a step outside her block. The devotions thesis and highest heavenly praises for an nice, okay song. It's comparable to liturgy at this point.

• Exhibit A: "Beyoncé as an SSRI :clown:, her attempt to assuage widespread depression and crushing stress"

• Exhibit B: "In the first verse alone, she encapsulates the Great Resignation, the Great Unionization, and quarantine insomnia" UMMM....

• Exhibit C: " In the absence of a national memorial for those lost to COVID-19, celebrating life with this exact oeuvre is both haunting and comes with a sense of deliverance déjà vu. [...] is a palimpsest, its evocations and sounds layered deep in the sense memories of club heads." :rip:

• Exhibit D: "it positions Beyoncé as a diva entering her Whitney Greatest Hits era" :deadbanana2:

This is not fumes. This is calling out grandiose delusions. 

exactly :bibliahh:

They really getting that money on their bank account. They also need to step out from their little bubble of Beyonce outdated music to find the actual good and amazing dance music been giving on the past few years.

26 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

You've been going on and on in this thread, so I assume you hope for people to agree with you to feel some validation. If I dont like sth, I just dont care and keep it moving. But here you are.

You mean I reply to people quoting me? Oh yeah, it must be about searching for validation and not replying to what they say about my post :eek:  Fun fact: I didn't reply to the member agreeing with me on page one :dies: 

27 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Damn ***** is there anyone you do like? You have commentary on EVERY artist :ahh:

RIGHTTTT

Dua/Beyoncé's new song =/= every artist but I don't blame you :rip: 

25 minutes ago, Nexto said:

Your fave Katy Perry is doing Just Eats commercials, worry about that

OT: Thank you Beyoncé

drunk-dancing.gif

My fave Katy Perry? The **** are you even talking about :lmao: 

Edited by Squall

That's a lot of praise for a cute simple dance tune, I cannot :bibliahh: This is why I don't take critics serious, they're just biased fan boys and girls with 0% actual music knowledge. But then again, it's P4K. I would be shocked if I actually agreed with them.

2 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

This - and it also applies to all the people who come out of the woodwork every time Beyonce releases something. If you have anything less than an extremely positive reaction to this track you're either racist or ignorant of the deep reclamation that is apparently occurring here because house music is all about a queer black perspective...

and yet Beyonce fails (for the SECOND TIME) to give a title feature credit to the black queer artist Big Freedia.

Ya keep mentioning that as a drag when Big Freedia can clearly care less.

There's a separation between the writer of these reviews and the editors that designate Best New Track. 

Don't know how many people have to repeat that here which is how Pitchfork has always worked.

They barely said anything about the actual song 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.