Pitchfork: "thank you Beyoncé"

taemin

I like the song but c'mon now, this reads like something a stan would write :rip:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mobility Mary

• Squall

• Red Mage

• Lovett

The Dream is behind this, what happened with the catchy hook? interesting, it reminded me of Alors on Dance at first listen.

15 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

Julienne needs to take a step outside her block. The devotions thesis and highest heavenly praises for an nice, okay song. It's comparable to liturgy at this point.

• Exhibit A: "Beyoncé as an SSRI :clown:, her attempt to assuage widespread depression and crushing stress"

• Exhibit B: "In the first verse alone, she encapsulates the Great Resignation, the Great Unionization, and quarantine insomnia" UMMM....

• Exhibit C: " In the absence of a national memorial for those lost to COVID-19, celebrating life with this exact oeuvre is both haunting and comes with a sense of deliverance déjà vu. [...] is a palimpsest, its evocations and sounds layered deep in the sense memories of club heads." :rip:

• Exhibit D: "it positions Beyoncé as a diva entering her Whitney Greatest Hits era" :deadbanana2:

This is not fumes. This is calling out grandiose delusions. 

This - and it also applies to all the people who come out of the woodwork every time Beyonce releases something. If you have anything less than an extremely positive reaction to this track you're either racist or ignorant of the deep reclamation that is apparently occurring here because house music is all about a queer black perspective...

and yet Beyonce fails (for the SECOND TIME) to give a title feature credit to the black queer artist Big Freedia.

40 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

:clap3:The fact they overanalyzed the lyrics when in fact it is not that deep and just a trashy songwriting :bibliahh:

this coming from someone who stans high school diary entries :bibliahh:

Yea I’m not seeing any of this in this song ? the song is mediocre at best 

55 minutes ago, Squall said:

For what? Releasing a bad song? The way they keep licking her ass even when she releases bad music while they think they are cool when constantly dragging artists like Ed Sheeran :rip: This publication :rip: 

For encouraging her listeners to mask outside

Worldwide hoodie with the mask outside
In case you forgot how we act outside

Which is going to be an interesting set of lyrics if she decides to tour, and gathers thousands of fans singing back to her maskless.

Thank you, Beyonce for releasing SOTY:clap3:

5 minutes ago, BobBertran1992 said:

For encouraging her listeners to mask outside

Worldwide hoodie with the mask outside
In case you forgot how we act outside

Which is going to be an interesting set of lyrics if she decides to tour, and gathers thousands of fans singing back to her maskless.

I'm wondering if this post is serious or not :dies: 

EDIT: Ok nevermind I misread you :skull: 

Edited by Squall

she (and Kanye) are used as a wil cards of racial inclusion in the music industry. I’m not surprised for this article  :cm:

31 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

Julienne needs to take a step outside her block. The devotions thesis and highest heavenly praises for an nice, okay song. It's comparable to liturgy at this point.

• Exhibit A: "Beyoncé as an SSRI :clown:, her attempt to assuage widespread depression and crushing stress"

• Exhibit B: "In the first verse alone, she encapsulates the Great Resignation, the Great Unionization, and quarantine insomnia" UMMM....

• Exhibit C: " In the absence of a national memorial for those lost to COVID-19, celebrating life with this exact oeuvre is both haunting and comes with a sense of deliverance déjà vu. [...] is a palimpsest, its evocations and sounds layered deep in the sense memories of club heads." :rip:

• Exhibit D: "it positions Beyoncé as a diva entering her Whitney Greatest Hits era" :deadbanana2:

I love Beyoncé, but this is just too much. :ahh:

No BNT? The journalist must have been forced to write that pretentious article :bibliahh:

13 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

This - and it also applies to all the people who come out of the woodwork every time Beyonce releases something. If you have anything less than an extremely positive reaction to this track you're either racist or ignorant of the deep reclamation that is apparently occurring here because house music is all about a queer black perspective...

and yet Beyonce fails (for the SECOND TIME) to give a title feature credit to the black queer artist Big Freedia.

You don’t give title feature credits to a sample or background vocals. Freedia is HAPPY and getting PAID. 

34 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

I see no lies in the quotes from this article :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Squall said:

For what? Releasing a bad song? The way they keep licking her ass even when she releases bad music while they think they are cool when constantly dragging artists like Ed Sheeran :rip: This publication :rip: 

SEETHE :bibliahh::bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, Love Again said:

SEETHE :bibliahh::bibliahh:

Of course you would like the song :rip: 

1 minute ago, 45seconds said:

You don’t give title feature credits to a sample or background vocals. Freedia is HAPPY and getting PAID. 

You might not have to, but you should if you're not queer and you're strategically making a house track with a prominent black queer artist and releasing it during pride. If anyone else used Big Freedia's vocals this much on a track without a title feature you all would be calling for public executions, claiming queerbaiting and queer cultural appropriation :coffee2:

It kinda sends me seeing how the exact type of trashy song that I enjoy is being acclaimed just because Beyoncé relased it :lmao: good for her!

47 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

If you're not smart just say that!

This all makes complete sense to me and it is on point.

1 hour ago, Squall said:

Not you trying to bring Ed Sheeran into a conversation about quality music :deadbanana2: 

Thank you Beyoncé for releasing...a song. :clap3:

13 minutes ago, Squall said:

Of course you would like the song :rip: 

Yes, because I can recognize quality dance music that has commentary on the current culture. Pitchfork spilled with that article and you will deal!

Thank you Beyonce for releasing SOTY and let me thank you in advance for AOTY too. 

:clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.