Break My Soul vs. Frozen  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is better?

• Break My Soul
    • Frozen
  2. 2. Which song is more unique?

• Break My Soul
    • Frozen
  3. 3. Which song is more experimental or risky?

• Break My Soul
    • Frozen

Both songs were released as the first singles from Beyoncé and Madonna's eighth studio albums, respectively. Both artists were around the same age (Madonna was 39 and Beyoncé is 40) and both of their most recent releases prior to these singles were soundtracks (The Gift / Be Alive & Evita) 

Let's compare them...

Edited by T.O.A.D.S.

too early to tell. i'll wait for the MV. 

Imagine thinking Beyoncé's worst single compares to Madonna's masterpiece :toofunny2:

They were around the same age but Madonna was having one of her many artistic peaks while Beyoncé seems to have released an underwhelming and trend-chasing lead single.

frozen was such a risky and innovative lead single. It didn’t and doesn’t sound like anything else on the radio. Beyonces new single sounds like 20 others songs we’ve heard in the last 2 years.

it’s an artistic decline for Beyoncé while it was an artistic peak for madonna

Edited by MotoPapi
Spelling

Even if you like Break My Soul, I really don't understand how anyone can vote for it over Frozen.

Frozen is one of the best songs of all time

Break My Soul is a cute girl 

This is not fair to Beyonce.

Better to compare it to "Hung Up", which came out 23 years after Madonna emerged on the scene in 1982, same time since Beyonce emerged on the scene in 1998. Oh wait...

15 minutes ago, Protocol said:

This is not fair to Beyonce.

Better to compare it to "Hung Up", which came out 23 years after Madonna emerged on the scene in 1982, same time since Beyonce emerged on the scene in 1998. Oh wait...

They way the Hive can't accept this song is TERRIBLE and doesn't hold up when compared to other "fun" party songs... :toofunny2:

Frozen. I could go back to this song for years and years. 

Break My Soul has little replay value for me. It’s different for Beyoncé, but it didn’t particularly wow me or hook me in. 

is you a white gay?  the atrl gen z kiddos are really lied to at school

The justifications for comparing the songs in each thread

TNAA0151.thumb.JPEG.3428c95ccb1dc1669ce1

(Frozen for all)

The only similarity they share is that they are both electronic music. Beyonce song though is a vocal house track while madonnas would be considered ambient/downtempo. Frozen is much riskier because no pop artist is releasing ambient downtempo electronic music. Beyonce type of house music was big in the 90s.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:39 AM, spree said:

what kind of idiotic poll is this?

Why is it idiotic? Did you read the OP? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.