Japan upholds same-sex marriage BAN

Aren

I-... :deadbanana2:

Can't believe one of the most advanced nations in the world is still this antiquated in 2022!

6 minutes ago, Hector said:

Can't believe one of the most advanced nations in the world is still this antiquated in 2022!

I think a lot of people underestimate how socially conservative Japan really is. The party that has almost always been in power is conservative and nationalist.

For equality purposes, they should ban different-sex marriage too :supaspaz:

Hopefully the upcoming generation of rules there, aren't as bigoted as the current ones

What a hurtful and disappointing ruling.

I think things will change there one day, and I’ve read that attitudes are shifting, but Japan still has some very conservative ideologies surrounding things like this. I can only hope that younger generations change things.

japan committed probably the worst atrocity against humanity in modern history barring the holocaust in the 1937 Nanking Massacre and continues to downplay it severely so I'm not surprised

7 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

japan committed probably the worst atrocity against humanity in modern history barring the holocaust in the 1937 Nanking Massacre and continues to downplay it severely so I'm not surprised

:lakitu: This, all those mario, hello kitty and pokemon made people forget

47 minutes ago, Hector said:

Japan’s kinda weird in the sense it’s super modern but also super old fashioned in many ways and things like fax machines and flip phones are still commonly used. The government are very reluctant to embrace change and it’s part of the reason their economy has stagnated for years.

52 minutes ago, Jotham said:

I think a lot of people underestimate how socially conservative Japan really is. The party that has almost always been in power is conservative and nationalist.

Doesn't Japan also have female only carriage due to high sexual assault rates? :deadbanana4:

And we can't even blame religion this time around.

Japan, you're just a total mess

Japan is one of the most racist and sexist country in the developed world so this does not surprise me.  

Most of humanity is conservative and hates gays. This is not surprising. 

1 hour ago, shookspeare said:

Yea the way Japan has managed to make their brand uwu kawaii when they’re one of the most conservative, racist, and homophobic countries :deadbanana: 

2 hours ago, Hector said:

Well, the country has a long history of being homphobic, sexist and racist :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

Yea the way Japan has managed to make their brand uwu kawaii when they’re one of the most conservative, racist, and homophobic countries :deadbanana: 

:deadbanana4: I could have sworn there were plenty of anime that did deal with the suffocating conservatism that is Japanese culture. 

If the government thinks this will stop their negative birth rate, they're clueless :skull:

209123.png

Edited by BrokenMachine

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

Most of humanity is conservative and hates gays. This is not surprising. 

This unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

:deadbanana4: I could have sworn there were plenty of anime that did deal with the suffocating conservatism that is Japanese culture. 

Anime is kind of a form of escapism for japanese people, their reality is way different :gaycat6:

Also anime pushes their conservatism in some way, since most of the main characters are white-skinned straight men

Craving Freedom, Japan’s Women Opt Out of Marriage

Japanese women who remained unmarried after the age of 25 were referred to as “Christmas cake,” a slur comparing them to old holiday pastries that cannot be sold after Dec. 25. x

:rip:

This will do nothing for their plunging birth rates and the record they set in 2020, of the amount of people choosing not to marry, the highest they've had since 1950. But it isn't surprising, Japan is a fascinating mix of modernism and tradition and their leadership has fought really hard, at the expense of social progress, to maintain customs and cultural norms. 

Edited by FOCK

Their constitution was written at gunpoint by the USA so I blame them.

1 hour ago, CBC said:

I blame anime

the weaboos are worst. anime innocent

ot: would love to see their reasoning for this cuz the bible is irrelevant over there    :deadbanana2:

14 hours ago, Hector said:

They still have the death penalty which is carried out via hanging. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.