FINA will introduce open category for trans athletes

Cloröx

Oh look at that, the full policy ban also includes cis women with chromosomal divergence.

Odd how that keeps happening where cis women also get punished when trying to ban trans women.

FVoeL9HWAAIyWft?format=jpg&name=medium

So essentially young athletes will have to have full genital examinations from the age of 12 forward until adulthood - like proposed in Florida - to make sure that they're not actually trans. :deadbanana4:

This motion looked like it hoped to deter trans youth from transitioning, but it essentially puts it in black and white print that medical transition is necessary before puberty begins if any trans child would like to compete in sports, which would only further the demand for such. :celestial5:

Edited by Communion

Took them long enough but it’s for the best :clap3:

10 hours ago, Communion said:

Oh look at that, the full policy ban also includes cis women with chromosomal divergence.

Odd how that keeps happening where cis women also get punished when trying to ban trans women.

FVoeL9HWAAIyWft?format=jpg&name=medium

So essentially young athletes will have to have full genital examinations from the age of 12 forward until adulthood - like proposed in Florida - to make sure that they're not actually trans. :deadbanana4:

This motion looked like it hoped to deter trans youth from transitioning, but it essentially puts it in black and white print that medical transition is necessary before puberty begins if any trans child would like to compete in sports, which would only further the demand for such. :celestial5:

THIS is the conundrum that has been bothering me about these conversations.

In order to be left alone and (generally) live in peace, transgender people have to be as close as possible to cisgender people ("to pass"), but the same people who simultaneously demand transgender people get all the surgeries to "be really trans" and whatnot are also slowly and criminalizing interfering with the access to the most effective way to achieve this ideal outcome, which is to block puberty from happening in the first place.  

It's a no-win situation and I feel really bad for all the transgender athletes who may affected by policies like this. However, I do tend to believe this may be a fair compromise considering the bleak state of affairs. I will never know what the experience of a transgender person is, but if I was a transgender woman made to compete on the male category at any sport I wouldn't really see that as a declaration of my gender and more of a categorization based on my abilities. 

Edited by Eric.

I'm always reminded that gay men, like men on average, tend to be the weakest links in minority communities.

Discrimination against trans women is always tied to discrimination against gay men, continue your commodification of bigotry but when gay men are trampled under foot shortly after, please do not sound off about anything but support. People that seek to harm trans people DO NOT, DO NOT abide gay men either.

The continued assault on trans athletes, a literal statistical blip and an even more inconsequential win record that not even the most bigoted transphobe likes to argue against in any detail let's you know this is just groundwork for the antilgbt wave to descend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.