Chris Evans' Lightyear opens with only $51 million box office

Gwendolyn

Can Hollywood come up with a new original story?

stop ruin the classics!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enoch

• JBJT2786

• Gwendolyn

• dirrtydiana

18 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

HOW? Do you think two women sharing a chaste kiss is inherently sexual? That says a lot about YOU and your (internalized) HOMOPHOBIA...

This. Like they should keep that same energy when hetero couples kiss each other in kids movies

Just now, Anye said:

Can Hollywood come up with a new original story?

stop ruin the classics!!

?

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

i mean they tryna sexualize kids movies 

like what's next Disney? if anything it's deserved

1 hour ago, TheFameCurse said:

It was awful and yes, stop with the gay agenda. It's not necessary at all, when it comes to kids. 

And you all have the never...talking about Nicki's husband.

Then wtf is hetero kissing doing in CLASSIC and beloved children's movies?  It's okay for men and women to "sexualize" children according to this, I won't even call it logic at this point, but two grown women can't share a completely innocent kiss in a movie?  Women can be locked in towers, told to be beautiful to court a rich prince, get shunned from society for being unmarried at older ages, are used as props for men to fight over and makeout with at the end of a children's movie, or dare to study and read only to be labeled a witch, but apparently being gay is WORSE and now an innocent kiss is discombobulated to the sexualization of youth?  What's next, punishing couples for sharing a kiss in the vicinity of a child?  Is it self-hate?  What is it?

Wow... even on ATRL there are people against that one little lesbian kiss.

Grow up people! Gays are not going anywhere, anytime. While heteros reproduce there will always be new additions to the community so why not normalize it for the next generation, so future LGBTQ sistrens don't have it as harsh as we do?

Edited by TROPICUM

7 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

?

What? An origin story of a character from an old story isn’t exactly a new one, since we knew what will happened with that character.

5 minutes ago, Anye said:

What? An origin story of a character from an old story isn’t exactly a new one, since we knew what will happened with that character.

I had no idea since the buzz from toy story is supposed to be a toy based on chris evans buzz

Edited by dirrtydiana

46 minutes ago, Harry said:

i mean they tryna sexualize kids movies 

like what's next Disney? if anything it's deserved

Doesn't Disney have a film that's literally centred around waking a woman from a coma with a kiss? But this is supposedly sexualising kids movies? :skull: You have internalised some messed up homophobia.

I mean, there's nothing interesting about this film so they had to add some lame lesbian kiss in order to market this failure-on-arrival as something special and progressive. Also why is this film called Lightyear (uninteresting and kinda faceless title) when they could add Toy Story for brand recognition....

Maybe if Chris promo'd shirtless.

2 hours ago, FOCK said:

who is even going to the cinema these days?

People are still going, as Spider-Man No Way Home and Top Gun Maverick have showed

7 hours ago, Anye said:

i think you’re confused… this story has nothing to do with buzz from toy story. mama let’s research

Regardless of the underperformance, it is still by a very large margin, the biggest opening for an animated film since 2019. 

49 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Regardless of the underperformance, it is still by a very large margin, the biggest opening for an animated film since 2019. 

Frozen 2 opened $130.3 million in the USA and $350 million worldwide.. its a flop :rip:

eugene-napadovskiy-star-command.jpg?1565

No idea why they didn’t just make a movie out of the old show. You’ve got nostalgia from people who grew up with it and aliens you can play about with/ make merch of. Nobody asked for this overly realistic Buzz origin story and wouldn’t be surprised if the look of it alone has turned people off.

4 minutes ago, Kidd Kai said:

eugene-napadovskiy-star-command.jpg?1565

No idea why they didn’t just make a movie out of the old show. You’ve got nostalgia from people who grew up with it and aliens you can play about with/ make merch of. Nobody asked for this overly realistic Buzz origin story and wouldn’t be surprised if the look of it alone has turned people off.

Yeah, loved this one, this is what they should've done.

2 hours ago, InventedGays said:

You're really trying to compare a single kiss between two adult women to rape/murder? Honestly the level of homophobia should be a warnable offense 

I'm comparing the offensive comments between the two scenarios. If Nicki chose him as her husband so be it. Stop trashing her for it and stop trashing the movie because the lesbian kiss. People need to grow up and mind their business. I'm gay myself. Thanks. 

Just now, InventedGays said:

The only thing offensive is you acting like a gay kiss is pushing an agenda and inappropriate for kids to see. Being gay doesn’t mean you’re not spreading homophobic messaging.

Ok? I apologize if I offended anyone or something wrong. Let's move on.

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Frozen 2 opened $130.3 million in the USA and $350 million worldwide.. its a flop :rip:

Ok? Thanks for the information.. I know what Frozen 2 opened to. This is still the biggest opening for an animated film since then. 

I already specified it was an underperformance. Take more time to read instead of smashing your keyboard to reply. ATRLers and box office discussion is always so funny. :laugh:

gqCjZq4.gif

This is a flop no matter what Disney stans want to spin.

I swear I thought this movie was gonna be released on Disney+. The way I was so excited to see it and it was nowhere to be found. :rip:

18 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

I swear I thought this movie was gonna be released on Disney+. 

same lmao

I'll watch it when it's released there 

gqCjZq4.gif 

The amount of backlash and vitriol a single kiss between two women is causing is so sad and disheartening

Interesting how Walt Disney Animation became the new supreme with movies with half the budget of that of Pixar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.