• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enoch

• JBJT2786

• Gwendolyn

• GipJo

Yeah the only movies me or my friends go to anymore are Marvel Movies, and very few other blockbusters. Actually for the last few years that’s been the case. Times have changed. And it’s not just Covid, cuz honestly everyone in my city hasn’t thought of the pandemic in months. I just think this next generation don’t really care for going out. 

There was no need for a movie of Buzz so it’s not that shocking it flopped, also the fact that it was banned in 14 countries and was released way too close to JW didn’t help either.

59 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

The outrage over a kiss in a Disney/kids' movie when there's been heterosexual kisses in Disney movies since Snow White and Sleeping Beauty (and they were unconscious) :rip: 

It's only a problem when it's LGBT kissing :ace: So gay pecks are too sexual for kids but str8 ones aren't?

Homophobes act like they pegged in space or something

Sometimes I think an asteroid should just hit earth and spare us the idiocy. I cannot believe over a dozen countries are still banning movies for **** like that. :rip: Homophobia is a disease that has permeated so far deep into society. Thanks religion.

45 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

There was no need for a movie of Buzz so it’s not that shocking it flopped, also the fact that it was banned in 14 countries and was released way too close to JW didn’t help either.

they should've released it during the Xmas season.

Jurassic World is going VERY strong at the box office. Also, the same-sex scene has sparked so much controversy....I have read families NOT going to see it just because of that

3 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

That's not why the movie failed

It is. The amount of boycott the film received over this is astonishing.

A flop due to homophobia, racism, and fatphobia. Conservatives said no thank you. :clap3:

Unfortunately, Tim Allen, while he's a mess, is Lightyear. That's what audiences have known as the voice of the character. I picked that up instantly from the trailers.

I have no problem with them changing direction, but they should not expect the good graces built by Allen to carry over.

They are essentially starting from scratch, which in this case apparently, is not a lot. All they are left with is the Disney and Pixar logos.

3 hours ago, hardbrit said:

It is. The amount of boycott the film received over this is astonishing.

no. no one asked for this movie.

the fact it was buzz lightyear but not really...it was about the human that inspired it only made this a marketing nightmare. 

Plenty of gay characters have appeared in movies and they didn't flop. 

1 minute ago, Right Now said:

Wait why was this banned from 14 countries? :rip:

A gay kiss between two women characters. :rip:

4 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

Sometimes I think an asteroid should just hit earth and spare us the idiocy. I cannot believe over a dozen countries are still banning movies for **** like that. :rip: Homophobia is a disease that has permeated so far deep into society. Thanks religion.

The way you articulated what I felt with just the right amount of ferocity. My blood just boils at bigotry in general. And it comes from the most righteous faction of society. The ones who preach love and forgiveness are the same ones teaching innocent kids to grow up and hate people for no reason. No one is born a bigot. 

It should have been a disney plus release.

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

no. no one asked for this movie.

the fact it was buzz lightyear but not really...it was about the human that inspired it only made this a marketing nightmare. 

Plenty of gay characters have appeared in movies and they didn't flop. 

That is not how the industry works and you know it...

33 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

It should have been a disney plus release.

Well, it will be pretty soon at this rate. I’ll be perched. 

Disney with multiple Ls since the pandemic happened.  :clap3:

No one wanted a Buzz Reboot story. They should have gave Sheriff Woody Pride his origin story instead.

Other than the boycott by “upset” parents, and the fact that nobody was checking for Buzz Lightyear (the most annoying character in the Toy Story franchise), who is even going to the cinema these days?

Culture & the way most people consume media has shifted, a cinema experience is an unnecessary luxury, & we’re approaching a recession. Peoples kids are appeased just watching D+ on a tablet, at home, with spaghetti sauce slobbered on their face.

The superior Chris losing this weekend, I see. For some reason, I really thought this was going to smash, but yes, the unnecesary story about this character and the controversy didn't help too much.

It was awful and yes, stop with the gay agenda. It's not necessary at all, when it comes to kids. 

And you all have the never...talking about Nicki's husband.

i mean they tryna sexualize kids movies 

like what's next Disney? if anything it's deserved

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

i mean they tryna sexualize kids movies 

like what's next Disney? if anything it's deserved

HOW? Do you think two women sharing a chaste kiss is inherently sexual? That says a lot about YOU and your (internalized) HOMOPHOBIA...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.