Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?

prézli

Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?

• yes
    • no

7 minutes ago, BreakinTheIce said:

what is "her last few efforts"? she hasn't released an album in 6 years. S&S and WB are both strong stream performers, so her only last effort would be Glory, which again, all things considered, MM doing 125M on Spotify and SP doing 100M on YouTube are not bad stats (esp the latter since it was not promoted at all and had minimal radio airplay)

125 million for a first single isn’t good. 

Slumber Party 69 million 

Pretty Girls 75 million 

Perfume 33 million 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BreakinTheIce

• slw84

• brainmaniac

• SinnerCity

31 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Slumber Party 69 million 

Pretty Girls 75 million 

Perfume 33 million 

125M for a first single in 2016 that had minimal promotion behind it and a **** video for an artist that had been out for 17 years? yeah i don't see how that's really that bad. the video especially probably did most detriment to it completely.

Perfume literally had a meh video and 0 promotion, also from a panned album. PG didn't do much and again, besides 1 performance, had no promotion and didn't hit Top 20 at Pop.

Meanwhile, Slumber Party only had a great video (which has now surpassed 100M on YT) and had no promotion besides a few JBs and only peaked at #28 on Pop, so 70M on streaming is actually pretty damn good.

The #s themselves out of context aren't particularly amazing but given the context of each situation, they're not bad at all.

The setup :rip:

Britney’s days as a commercial girl are DONE the only impressive numbers I can see her pulling moving forward are from Vegas shows. 

No and you gotta be delusional to think so. Even a top 10 is not realistic is there's no big streaming numbers.

Obviously not if she even returns to music at all, but who cares?

(Besides her obsessed haters in here I guess. :rip:)

Ricky Wilson
2 hours ago, Shelter said:

Slumber Party 69 million 

Pretty Girls 75 million 

Perfume 33 million 

Those stats :rip: OMG

OT: It'll probably peak in the 30's

Extremely unlikely, but I look forward to her new music when she decides to release again 

Ofc not! There's zero interest in her music. Her only rest of relevancy is generated from tabloid headlines covering her dramatic life.

Even during her prime, her chart performance was average at best, and definitely not something that you would think would have deluded fans referring to you as "Princess of Pop". :fan:

i literally posted stats about her streaming here but if people want to keep ignoring them that's fine. even Swimming in the Stars got nearly 500K its first day, for a track that no one even knew about it until it came out that day.

Ricky Wilson
11 minutes ago, BreakinTheIce said:

i literally posted stats about her streaming here but if people want to keep ignoring them that's fine. even Swimming in the Stars got nearly 500K its first day, for a track that no one even knew about it until it came out that day.

How many streams does it have now? total?

1 hour ago, Ricky Wilson said:

How many streams does it have now? total?

you're missing the point. the point is that there was curiosity streams to see what it was all about. when Britney eventually puts out new music, it will likely have a strong start just because people will be curious to see what she's putting out. how it performs in the long run is up in the air, but given that even album tracks from 5 years ago started with 500K, 750K, there will definitely be a rather big start for a new single at least in its first week.

With the right promo and release layout, she can def go top 5. #1 is harder but who knows

if she releases something that sounds like the last two album i dont think shell get the 1 but maybe a 5 

I would support it! But to be honest I don't think that happens anytime soon. If it even happens at all.

No, and if she doesn't fire her whole useless team and gets a new, fresh, open minded one, she probably won't have a top 10 either.  But Britney doesn't really care about chart stats, she's not even aware of most her achievements and always seems to get shy when someone starts listing them. 

No, but I’d honestly just love to hear music totally from her that she wants to make. It doesn’t need to be a hit. 

Don't think so, even if she gets a radio deal and decent sales during first week she won't have streaming on her side.

If she releases a toxic type song with high energy and a great music video she will definitely get support, especially from the girls and gays

I think it'll be a top 10 song. Her "comeback" singles have usually done really well, but we're in the streaming era and she's never had a major release during this era. It's impossible to predict how well it'll do.

I love Britney to death but being realistic, I don't think so unless she had a big feature.

I do think she'd at least be Top 10 solo.

the way she looks, no. Maybe if she gets abetter makeup artist that gets rid of the raccoon eye thing she clearly thinks is sex. 

33 minutes ago, Aguilegend said:

Of course not, she’s over. 

Christina is too. They’ll be in good company. ??

Britney's sound needs to be revamped for that to happen.

I think people will check it out by curiosity, so it needs to be something that sticks right away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.