Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?

prézli

Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?

• yes
    • no

:ahh: 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BreakinTheIce

• slw84

• Rev8

• SinnerCity

I don’t think so. The hype from freebritney is gone. TikTok loves her classics but not so much her last few efforts. It was easy for her to debut high with iTunes but not with streams. 

I’m not sure. Contrary to the narrative of Britney stans on this website, she has the same amount of #1s as Christina Aguilera. But I would like to think the hype would propel her to #1 for at least a week

I think so! 

Depends on the song and how competitive the week is. There is fight in the old girl yet :razzle:

14 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

The Army isn't even claiming Britney will hit 1# :skull:

Where tf is he seeing us thinking she is gonna have this huge success :ahh:

he is stuck in a real mental limbo with all this hate :deadbanana4:

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2: I’m glad I’m not the only one that thought this was weird 

11 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Contrary to the narrative of Britney stans on this website, she has the same amount of #1s as Christina Aguilera.

here’s another weird post? what does this have to do with Xtina :bibliahh:

I could see it going Top 40 - not because I don’t think she has the fan support or hype, but because I don’t anticipate her coming back with super strong material.

24 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2: I’m glad I’m not the only one that thought this was weird 

here’s another weird post? what does this have to do with Xtina :bibliahh:

Not surprised, OBHs always create fake narratives

"anyone defending Britney, is a Britney stan" teas :toofunny3:

I remember Zivert hating on her from before, but at least he isn't as obsessed as he used to be :clap3: guess the delusion stayed with ha tho

Her socials destroyed the hype and excitement around her name. No :heart:

Did the loser Fighters hijack this thread? :toofunny3:

Even if it doesn't go to #1, it'll probably be top 10. There's alot of hype around Britney - her book deal should be evidence of that. I think the GP will he VERY curious to hear her new music post-cship if she decides to resume her career.

14 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Those documentaries and media pity and sympathy really got into the Britney land head :dies:

She'll be lucky to hit Top40 :skull: 

Nobody would be interested in Britney Spears new music in 2022 :toofunny3:

Yup she’s a walking gossip clickbait nowadays, I blame Tmz and her handlers :gaycat3:

On 6/18/2022 at 6:51 PM, SinnerCity said:

Neither your fav in over 20 years so?

Ya need to stop addressing that member, he or she keeps it going because ya entertain it. He or she clearly posts stats to get Christina dragged. On the AGUILERA album thread (which he or she created) that member didn’t even know the name of the songs on it while the other members did. 

the panned response in this thread :bibliahh:

She can if the song is good, has enough promo the first week and the competition is weak. Who knows?

realistically, no, but it'd be cool to just have her doing music she wants to make

iX6uaB5.png

Charting will be the real challenge for her! :matty:

12 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Did the loser Fighters hijack this thread? :toofunny3:

Even if it doesn't go to #1, it'll probably be top 10. There's alot of hype around Britney - her book deal should be evidence of that. I think the GP will he VERY curious to hear her new music post-cship if she decides to resume her career.

It will be funny when they start crying that Army are bullies and obsessed

yet we aren't even the ones making flamebait Xtina threads when it's so easy to do so currently  :dies:

No, but it'll definitely chart on the Hot 100 which is more than her peers can say of their recent singles. :heart:

2 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

iX6uaB5.png

Charting will be the real challenge for her! :matty:

5/5 made it. :clap3:

You must be confusing her with someone else.

BE9jtP9.thumb.jpg.97aac2d6b9ff7b6a7579da

8 minutes ago, lovemehateme said:

5/5 made it. :clap3:

You must be confusing her with someone else.

BE9jtP9.thumb.jpg.97aac2d6b9ff7b6a7579da

I don't know about that, considering "Mood Ring (by demand)" was N/A. :matty:

On 6/18/2022 at 5:47 PM, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Absolutely not :sick:

Britney is long past her peak and her image has been tarnished by Team Conservatorship after 2008. She has declined after 2011 and we're now in 2022. Britney has not adjusted to streaming and many radios would probably be reticent to have her song on heavy rotation. Also, you just have to take a look at Britney's career to realize that her songs' peaks on that Billboard chart have never been THAT high even for some of her most famous and iconic ones.

There's absolutely no way she randomly goes #1 out of nowhere :dies:

this objectively is not true - Britney grabs nearly 25M monthly listeners and hasn't released a new album since 2016. Her streaming is actually pretty damn great all things considered, so I wouldn't say she "hasn't adjusted to streaming."

Not only that, but when Matches came out, it grabbed like 750K first day streams. For a track that came out of nowhere and obv was not promoted, that's a strong start. Whether the song is good or bad, I think what people are missing here is there will be a curiosity factor which will at least garner it strong streams in the beginning.

14 hours ago, Shelter said:

I don’t think so. The hype from freebritney is gone. TikTok loves her classics but not so much her last few efforts. It was easy for her to debut high with iTunes but not with streams. 

what is "her last few efforts"? she hasn't released an album in 6 years. S&S and WB are both strong stream performers, so her only last effort would be Glory, which again, all things considered, MM doing 125M on Spotify and SP doing 100M on YouTube are not bad stats (esp the latter since it was not promoted at all and had minimal radio airplay)

2 minutes ago, BreakinTheIce said:

this objectively is not true - Britney grabs nearly 25M monthly listeners and hasn't released a new album since 2016. Her streaming is actually pretty damn great all things considered, so I wouldn't say she "hasn't adjusted to streaming."

Not only that, but when Matches came out, it grabbed like 750K first day streams. For a track that came out of nowhere and obv was not promoted, that's a strong start. Whether the song is good or bad, I think what people are missing here is there will be a curiosity factor which will at least garner it strong streams in the beginning.

I completely disagree with your point of view lol. There’s no point in pretending Britney’s doing good on streaming and there’s nothing wrong admitting she isn’t, which is just normal as she has not been able to do anything post-Circus since team cons saboted everything.

She’s been in the industry for 24 years and has nothing to prove anymore so I also could not care less if her future music does good or bad tbh. We don’t even know if she’s ever gonna come back. It will just be a bonus for me. 

If the song is personal aka about her feelings about her whole situation and family, I can see it. If it's another meaningless song, then no

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.