Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?

prézli

Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Will Britney's comeback single go to #1?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BreakinTheIce

• slw84

• Rev8

• SinnerCity

1 hour ago, prézli said:

If she ever decides to come back to music, of course.

I think yes and she will have #1s in 4 decades. :celestial2:

I hope she could snag a solo but I think her best bet is a feature.

It's possible that she might become the first artist in history to snag #1 albums and singles in 4 decades if Janet (allegedly has a song with Bruno) doesn't do it first.

The Weeknd, Bieber, Bruno, Selena G, Ariana, Billie eillish (her brother wants to work with her), Cardi B, Doja, Nicki, possibly Gaga, and others would likely collab with her.

I'd also rather her release a song and time it for early spring 2023.

Britney is in prime position to have her Cher Believe, Janet Together again/all for you, Madonna Ray of light comeback song.

those capture a lull and then a return to greatness.

She has content for days. It's all about rollout and if i'm being TOTALLY honest timing during a noncompetitive period.

I'd have hopes for one with a currently prime ft during a noncompetitive period.

I think some are in for a surprise about how radio will support a new comeback song and I suspect a deal with be in place for the first week.

visuals, content and timing 

TOp 10 is an achievement since during a lull she almost went top 15.

IT CAN NOT BE some sexy bullsh. It has to be universal, motivational, anthemic and have a triumphant energy to it. IT Has to be on brand

Glory's problem was that it was her trying to be Selena and Ariana and relive well her glory years in her early 20s. It's cute. It's giving red corvette in the 90s vibes.

BOOK first

Music second

1 hour ago, D.M.F said:

No. Britney hasn’t had a solo top 10 in over 10 years.

Neither your fav in over 20 years so?

Back on topic, I hope so if she wants to come back but I’ve made peace if she doesn’t. She will always be a pop music legend ❤️

Edited by SinnerCity

Honestly if she just made a Instagram post to promote it, she could go #1 

i don't really see her releasing music again, let alone doing a big polished roll out some of you are talking about. 

Obviously not. Britney has never performed that well on The Hot 100 being a flop on the Hot 100 in her prime and even when she had her comeback, her Hot 100 numbers were still underwhelming, compared to the massive hits of that time and none of the songs could even finish Top 20 YEC.

What gave her some high peaks then was sales and those are dead now so they won’t save her.  She hasn’t had a radio hit in about 10 years and at 40 she won’t get good pop radio play and she has no appeal to AC. At her age, she won’t get great streaming either.

Edited by brainmaniac

11 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Neither your fav in over 20 years so?

Back on topic, I hope so if she wants to come back but I’ve made peace if she doesn’t. She will always be a pop music legend ❤️

Xtina’s last solo Top 10 was only 3 years before Britney’s, so not even close to 20 

Ricky Wilson

Lol no

The public hasn’t checked for her in a decade

Britney was strong during the digital era, she has not had any single during the streaming era, so I don't think her comeback single will peak higher than a top 40.

A top 20 like Make Me and Work Btch would be more than enough imo. 

Argh this thread made me excited for something that won’t even happen, she definitely won’t be releasing music anytime soon. 

I'm not a britney stan by any means, but i'm surprised by the replies in this thread!

I feel like that window of opportunity has already closed. She (rightfully) waited too long, and i don't expect new music for at least another couple of years, the GP has short term memory.

Her fanbase always has her back and it will debut in the top 20 for sure, but it'll have to be good for the GP to support.

I don’t think so maybe top 10. By the time she releases again. The hype will not be as big. If she collabed with The Weeknd or something for sure but solo single probably #5-#10

maybe if it was a collab w The Weeknd. People seem to love her after the Free Britney movement so I think she has potential. Maybe a Max Martin produced song that brings back that 2000s pop sound would be good.

Obviously not :dies:

because of the FreeBritney thing?

she may get a Top 10 maybe (since she has gotten top 20 the last 2 eras)

but that's only if she gets a new team that KNOWS what its going

As much as i love Britney and think she's already accomplished so much. Having a #1 is a little bit of a stretch. Not underestimating her but big names are relying on features to catch up to streaming era. Comparing "Stupid love" to Rain on me for example . 

A top ten lead single would be great for her. Since she's been away for so long and her business management has been deconstructed. 

It has to be really good, connect with Gen Z and Brit fans, and promoted like hell. Even then top 10 at best.

Maybe not #1 but it will definitely do well.

I don’t know, I have my concerns about the new team she’s hiring because they will have a huge impact on the difference between a respectable top 20 versus a number 1 in this climate. 

I’m sure the music will be amazing. I feel like she should start with a compilation of songs she never got to release under the conservatorship? Like a Britney’s version of each album with a rejigged track list and bonus tracks? That could help establish her further on streaming. 

If quality producers invest in her and give her their gold like they did during the beginning of her career, yes. But only for a week or two. 

it be nice but i highly doubt it 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.