• Renan90

39 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

200k is not happening, huh

The spotify update was bad?

6 minutes ago, Green said:

The spotify update was bad?

35 million today

13 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

You're afraid of success stans getting pressed? What happened to enjoying the music? :deadbanana4:

Duh ATRL constantly mocking Everything Is Love and Spirit and BeyHive keep saying to wait Beyonce's real solo studio album so I understand the nervousness :gaycat6:

4 hours ago, Otter said:

theres always a saturation point

True but for him to do around this number for a completely different sound shows that he still has a base but they just want to be feed their normal meals. they don't want to add different flavorings and change portions

AEpmye2.gif

5 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I agree. Longevity will be the biggest key to success now, hence Future Nostalgia being an incredible success for instance (or Planet Her).

Well u always have teenagers being the main source of standom and participating in hyping releases. Thats always been the case and will always be the case. Drake is getting older and so are his Fans. Aint nobody got time to always get wet whenever he releases new music on a yearly basis, especially if its just bad output.

Harry's numbers are absolutely not because of teenagers. His online fandom might be young (as online fandoms usually are) but his core demo isn't. He's been around since 2010 and is pushing 30. You also don't get this kind of longevity with just teenagers, just look at literally any boyband with an actual teenage core demo.

Harry is the IT pop boy, Bad Bunny is the IT hip hop boy (hip hop ish, his sound appeals to the same core demo in Spanish). Taylor is the IT pop girl. The rest of the music industry right now doesn't have the same level of support because it's all more diversified.

That said, I do think that as soon as Drake hops back into his old sound he'll pull huge numbers again.

But also... I'm not so sure he'll crack 200K this time around

7 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

I think a lot of y’all just need to realize that the music monoculture is disappearing, meaning that artists that could get a **** ton of sales/streams and generate high volume aren’t going to do so because streaming has now diversified and spread out people’s tastes/consumption patterns. That’s my theory at least and if it’s true, I think it’s a good thing. I hate that few artists have such a high level of public appeal and interest when that should be more spread out to even more artists. 

Considering how the charts became the most stale they’ve ever been since streaming took over, I don’t think so. 

Oversaturation is a myth, the biggest sellers in music were over saturated (except MJ). Drake's lady album had insane longevity, it had barely left the top 10 before. The numbers are not great because people don't like the music. It's not deeper. 

loverboy weeks in t5: 14

how many for nevermind?

Yeah the music listeners should stop rewarding his mediocrity and force him to stop being lazy. This is a step in the right direction :clap3:

I hope bad bunny goes back to #1 next week

12 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

I think a lot of y’all just need to realize that the music monoculture is disappearing, meaning that artists that could get a **** ton of sales/streams and generate high volume aren’t going to do so because streaming has now diversified and spread out people’s tastes/consumption patterns. That’s my theory at least and if it’s true, I think it’s a good thing. I hate that few artists have such a high level of public appeal and interest when that should be more spread out to even more artists. 

This!!

6 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Considering how the charts became the most stale they’ve ever been since streaming took over, I don’t think so. 

I feel like they’re only stable because radio keeps the same hits alive and makes the hot 100 stale af. Meanwhile certain (very few) hits manage to get that singular grasp on the culture that they get wayyyy higher streams than other hits (Blinding Lights, Stay, Heatwaves, Levitating) if that makes sense?
It’s also different in regard to specific songs vs artists. I was speaking more towards artists/albums because of course there’s always going to be some song that ppl obsess over at large especially with tik tok viral hits, but I don’t think that translates to artists’ longer works. Take a look at how so much of what keeps an artist on the bb 200 is propelled by the success of streams of hit singles (SEA). I just think ppl are listening to more and more music now and not obsessing over the few artists that radio/media/general culture pushes on them. With Spotify they have the ability to find so many other artists and that pulls their consumption away from a select few artists. This is why the biggest A listers will still pull wayyy more streams than many other artists but won’t get those insanely high weeks anymore. This just my thought and I could be wrong. I also think chart streaming formulas to determine chart points are still not accurate and that plays into it for sure 

On 6/19/2022 at 1:26 AM, johnzy13 said:

Drake, Post Malone, BTS, Kendrick all declining. I wonder whose next. 

And The Weeknd.

Every artist is declining at this point :deadbanana2:  except Harry Styles and Bad Bunny.

Album had zero hype and really boring. So it's expected.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:06 PM, Cruel Summer said:

Yeah, this is a surprise to me, but I get it with how things have been going lately. The only people clearing 500k are Taylor, Adele, and Harry, I guess :gaycat6: Drake was the other remaining holdout in that league, but I guess reception to this album was just that mixed.

Adele isn’t clearing 500k ever again :ahh: 

Wow this is kind of shocking though. I know the album is “divisive,” but the first day streams at least should’ve been through the roof with people checking it out. 

Not great numbers for Drake's standards. Might be due to the album's reception. I'm sure it will eventually gain more and more. In time.

Not good at all for his standards. But I'm not surprised given the (awful) quality and (awful) repercussion with the fans and gp.

Jimmy Cook is :flame: tho.

2 minutes ago, sickboy said:

Jimmy Cook is :flame: tho.

Jimmy Cook really saved this album ngl :hoetenks:

On 6/18/2022 at 7:14 PM, Ms. Togekiss said:

Oh wow even Evermore outdid :dies: that’s the only surprise album post bundle rule that is comparable :rip:

Evermore did that just five months after Folklore's surprise release and without physical CDs in stores. :clap3:

OT: Not too bad for Drake's numbers but this proves that he needs a hit song to sell albums.

19 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

CLB was sitting in the top 10 till like two weeks ago. And the song that has replaced him as #1 on AM is also his own, which has been a stable #1 hit. Some of you are really being ridiculous with these comments

Watch them all act surprised when his next rap album does massive numbers lol. 

Edited by onewillowsilk

On 6/18/2022 at 8:13 PM, Schhh said:

It wasn't love.

It was perfect a illusion :jamming:

Edited by RainDreamer

This isn't great but then again, the album isn't either. He'll be fine once he releases another rap album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.