HDD: Drake #1 210/11k, Bad Bunny #2 121k, Harry Styles #3 78k

Renan90

Lowkey worrying that with these new rules, superstars who are able to consistently keep up with that level are becoming so few and far between. If Drake can't crack 250k as the resident streaming king, then how are newer artists who are supposed to be bringing in a new generation expected to break into the market with such low sales in comparison to before :rip:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• More Than A Melody

• Steve Johnson

• Renan90

24 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

I'm no Drake fan, so I have no reason to defend him or make excuses. :rip:

Point is, at the end of the day over 200k is a great number (these days). No one was expecting a new album from him and, quite frankly, I don't think anyone was really wanting a new album from him right now anyways.

They're not great numbers but they're also not terrible.  

it's terrible lol no matter how you spin it. literally his lowest first week ever. it's gonna do less than his collection of demos from 2020:deadbanana4:

its obvious the reason its tanking is because everyone hates it and not because no one wants a new album from drake. he's literally been doing yearly releases for forever and it's never bothered anyone

i think his core audience was not very pleased with this latest record cause its more house instead of hip hop  which also helped the sudden drop of numbers 

7 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Tay?

Nah. Artists who are established legacy acts with strong physical sales have been doing fine if they have physical shipments ready for their debut week. The issue is that there’s not that many of those artists in the first place, and not all of them care to wait for vinyls to be pressed before they release.

Beyoncé is the next artist to watch - could go either way. She’s at least apparently going to have physical albums ready to ship for her first week.

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

KING!!!! Shoutout to Logic too! Both are good albums :clap3: 

I thought he retired :rip:

-

The decline, serves him right for continuing to serve trash.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

59 minutes ago, johnzy13 said:

Drake, Post Malone, BTS, Kendrick all declining. I wonder whose next. 

This is so shocking :rip: all of them were massive not long ago 

The music industry needs something truly interesting this year. 

Just now, PrettyHurts said:

The music industry needs something truly interesting this year. 

Tay, where is 1989 TV or TS10?

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

Tay, where is Speak Now TV or TS10?

Fixed 

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Not bad for a house album!

7 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Tay, where is 1989 TV or TS10?

He said interesting :biblio:

Bad Bunny latin album ended up outlasting Drake, Post Malone, BTS, Kendrick and Harry Styles album :jonny4:

the fact HDD predicted he would get blocked by Jack Harlow :ahh:

It's good imo

I mean..he didn't promo it all over spotify and etc, like he used to do :toofunny3: so it's actual numbers for him

19 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

Lowkey worrying that with these new rules, superstars who are able to consistently keep up with that level are becoming so few and far between. If Drake can't crack 250k as the resident streaming king, then how are newer artists who are supposed to be bringing in a new generation expected to break into the market with such low sales in comparison to before :rip:

What new rules? I know Billboard took steps to decrease chart manipulation through bulk buying, but I can’t imagine Drake stans are doing that and it would affect him. Did Billboard make other changes too? I’m out of the loop 

1 hour ago, johnzy13 said:

Drake, Post Malone, BTS, Kendrick all declining. I wonder whose next. 

I mean.. Unless someone big surprises with a release bey is next 

Lmaoooo not after his stans were clowning Kendrick’s numbers. Losers  :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

21 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

i think his core audience was not very pleased with this latest record cause its more house instead of hip hop  which also helped the sudden drop of numbers 

I have to agree. I keep seeing people on my timeline disappointed with the album so I’m not surprised at these numbers. They are still good tho. 

28 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

it has nothing to do with the new rules. neither kendrick nor drake ever used bundles and drake literally just did 600k under the new rules

and let's not act like harry didn't just do 520k first week 

25 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

I thought he retired :rip:

-

The decline, serves him right for continuing to serve trash.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

He came back last year and raps about why he retired in the first place on the new album. He was depressed and contemplating s**c*de shortly after his su*c*de prevention song blew up. He also went into detail about how him rapping about mental health and what was actually going on in his life got backlash from people and that made him not want to rap at the time :chick3: He seems to be in a much better place though, especially since becoming a father!

6 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

it has nothing to do with the new rules. neither kendrick nor drake ever used bundles and drake literally just did 600k under the new rules

and let's not act like harry didn't just do 520k first week 

Kendrick definitely had bundles with DAMN. I purchased the one that came with the digital album, grey t-shirt and signed red vinyl.

for a surprise album with a sound that’s way different that what he normally puts out (and has been getting panned by his fans) i feel like that’s a pretty good number 

Good number! Not everyone can say they reach this these days!

No one can beat Latino king Bad Bunny!

First album of his i stream. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.