'Honestly, Nevermind' 5th day on Spotify: 24.2M (-6%) [172M total]

Starkboy

4 minutes ago, Dephira said:

It will drop much faster than his other albums imo

I meant the album release strategy. Scorpion had 2 extremely successful singles to build anticipation and CLB he’d been dropping hints and teasers.

this one was a bit left field strategy wise for him for a studio album release. 

plus we never had this ? IMG_0073.jpeg

Edited by sugarysunflower

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• More Than A Melody

• Starkboy

• JawBreaker

1 minute ago, sugarysunflower said:

I meant the album release strategy. Scorpion had 2 extremely successful singles to build anticipation and CLB he’d been dropping hints and teasers.

Surprise releases tend to debut big and have poor longevity, actually. The surprise factor makes you more frontloaded.

I didn't even know he dropped an album :rip: I didn't like CLB so I won't be tuning in!

great numbers for house record :clap3: 

and Post numbers really now looking not that bad

9 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

Welp. Proportionally, based on number of tracks, a 40% decline from CLB and 20% decline from Scorpion. 

maybe because it was a surprise drop? 

The back half of those albums did significantly worse than the front half. Everything else equal your average should easily be higher with that many less tracks.

But of course there are reasons for this doing so badly. Genre being the main one 

10 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

US... he couldn't get #1 or #2 Global and the #1 and #2 songs are a random Joji track and Harry's 2 month old single.

Plus, you can't argue that 61M global for Drake isn't a severe underperformance. Flop =/= underperformance. Let's not confuse things.

Adele saw all the ATRL threads about 30 underperforming and did some witchcraft. Not a single A+ List artist has released since her without underperforming as well :rip: 

Bad Bunny isnt A list??

And I dont think Harry underperformed

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Harry

Harry has a chance of becoming A+ List with Harry's House. I wouldn't say he was at that level when the album came out.

I don't see this increasing. It might do roughly the same today but I don't see the legs with this particular album. 

28 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Not him debuting with 36M streams less than Harry even though he still has 1 more track than him :skull: what the hell? I'm assuming he'll still do better overall because of Apple Music but I'm SO confused.

Harry became the new male supreme (behind Bad Bunny) 

Edited by Popboi.

Funny how everyone was saying that surprise releases 100% grant you bigger streaming numbers but now it's suddenly being used as an excuse for Drakes underperformance:dies:

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

The back half of those albums did significantly worse than the front half. Everything else equal your average should easily be higher with that many less tracks.

But of course there are reasons for this doing so badly. Genre being the main one 

Bad Bunny isnt A list??

And I dont think Harry underperformed

Neither Harry nor Bad Bunny were at the level of Drake, Post Malone, Kendrick Lamar or even BTS when they released their latest albums. They had good numbers from their latest projects, but not several projects with huge numbers over the course of several years.

And of course Harry didn't underperform :rip: his album sold 1M units US in 3 weeks and 1M worldwide in 1 week. I just wouldn't put him (or Bad Bunny) at the level of the others. I will if their current albums continue on this trajectory moving forward.

The fact it’s considered as a flop for his standard the power he hold 

drake in his flop era confirmed

Spoiler

not bad for a panned and surprise album

3 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Harry became the new male supreme (Behring Bad Bunny) 

I think Abel will recover. Probably Drake too if he takes some time off and releases better received projects. Kendrick is a legend either way. IDK about the others tho :emofish:

Edited by More Than A Melody

12 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Neither Harry nor Bad Bunny were at the level of Drake, Post Malone, Kendrick Lamar or even BTS when they released their latest albums. They had good numbers from their latest projects, but not several projects with huge numbers over the course of several years.

And of course Harry didn't underperform :rip: his album sold 1M units US in 3 weeks and 1M worldwide in 1 week. I just wouldn't put him (or Bad Bunny) at the level of the others. I will if their current albums continue on this trajectory moving forward.

I strongly disagree with those assesments.

Post being way over was super obvious long before he released that album. It did even a bit better than I would have expected.

Kendrick wasn never really that super massive commercially. Dont know where the numbers are exactly, but Fine Line isnt smaller than any Kendrick era I dont think?! That era was huge with crazy longevity

And Bad Bunny was most streamed artist on Spotify for 2.5 years before this album... Which is now doing way better still than anyone could have expected. Of course he's not selling any physicals, but he also started showing his touring power this year. 

Harry and BB have absolutely been tier 1.

Edited by simmnfierzig

44 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

WW

Bad Bunny - Un Verano Sin Ti 145.8M

Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers 99.6M

Harry Styles - Harry's House 97.6M

Drake - Honestly, Nevermind 61.1M

The Weeknd - Dawn FM 59.9M

Post Malone - Twelve Carat Toothache 30.9M

Future - NEVER LIKED YOU 29.6M

Jack Harlow - Come Home The Kids Miss You 27.6M

Drake - Honestly, Nevermind 61.1M

The Weeknd - Dawn FM 59.9M

Almost the same numbers that Abel's flop album :eek:

Harry's House doing 36 million more with one song less :eli:

44 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

plus we never had this ? IMG_0073.jpeg

Fresh Gospel and Bachata Lovers  :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Green said:

Fresh Gospel and Bachata Lovers  :deadbanana2:

He was a cover on Chinese songs playlist which is even worse :deadbanana4:

Better than I expected honestly 

34 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I strongly disagree with those assesments

Me too. Harry is the Top Pop Male artist right now and Bad Bunny is bigger than ever. His streaming and touring numbers are huge  :deadbanana:

They could be the top 2 artists of the year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.