“AGUILERA” Failed To Chart on the BB200. Why?

wehavetostan

It’s one of the messiest releases ever :deadbanana2:

Artist need to stop with this EPS releases they are useless 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Brando

• SweetTalker

• JustHoran

Top Posters In This Topic

She has been over since 2008 move on already

1 hour ago, Brando said:

Why would they butcher such an interesting concept and release schedule just to meet a deadline of a fairly irrelevant award? Do they need the grammys this year? Couldn't they wait for it to be nominated next year?

They really couldn’t. Her team is an absolute mess. We still don’t even have a video for the current single :toofunny2: 

She didn't give Ya Llegue the promo it deserves :shakeno:

Well, Fall In Line, Pa Mis Muchachas, Santo, Suéltame and many more didn't chart either. So she is stable which is a very good sign.

I would have expected it to chart in the Latin Top 50, tho.

1 hour ago, SweetTalker said:

They really couldn’t. Her team is an absolute mess. We still don’t even have a video for the current single :toofunny2: 

I was really digging the concept, but then part 2 dropped and then the full album dropped but then it's the full album and part 3 is coming or maybe just a song or two... Basically I'm confused as fk

5 hours ago, wehavetostan said:

The ninth studio album by Christina Aguilera, entitled “AGUILERA” failed to enter the Billboard 200 after its first full tracking week. 

I find it surprising because “LA FUERZA” sold 4,000 equivalent album units in its first week (2,000 of which were pure sales) back in January. Also, her previous studio album, “Liberation”, debuted at #6 on the Billboard 200.

So she's put out three releases and none of them debuted on the BB200

Bad bunny currently has the #1 album in the country right now:rip:

So many non english songs are charting with parent albums doing just as well.

How did all 3 mp3 of her recent efforts not even chart at 200?

I remember when the last one didn't chart her stans talked about the latin pop chart is the only chart that mattered when that one from January debuted at 2.

Did Aguilera or La fuerza chart on the latin pop chart.

5 hours ago, St. Charles said:

I feel like when your following is mostly US-centered, they might treat your spanish album as a side project and not a "real" album. 

Is that what happened with JLO and Selena gomez?

3 hours ago, Terylee said:

Well, Fall In Line, Pa Mis Muchachas, Santo, Suéltame and many more didn't chart either. So she is stable which is a very good sign.

I would have expected it to chart in the Latin Top 50, tho.

This is very interesting. I can't believe she isn't charting on the latin pop album charts either???

hmm...:lakitu:

6 hours ago, tshwark said:

We want balladtina, that project lacks this:

I loved this song when I was a kid, my mom played it all the time. Now listening to it back, the lyrics are so awkwardly translated :rip: you can make sense of them but something's off about them lol

OT: I didn't even know she had an album out

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Is that what happened with JLO and Selena gomez?

Yea pretty much. Pa Ti was a minor hit for JLo but none of her other stuff has caught on. 

baila conmigo was a hit for Selena and nobody really cared for the EP, or her new single with Camilo following that ep

7 hours ago, zach said:

We all know why. It was rushed together as an album to meet the Latin Grammy deadline. There’s no physical copies. Etc etc. NOBODY expected it to chart.

Are you implying that Aguilera has a chance to win over Rosalia at the Latin Grammy? 

1 hour ago, SweetTalker said:

Yea pretty much. Pa Ti was a minor hit for JLo but none of her other stuff has caught on. 

baila conmigo was a hit for Selena and nobody really cared for the EP, or her new single with Camilo following that ep

So for instance JLO's latin album debuted at #10 on the BB200 not sure where it landed on the BB latin pop albums chart.

Selena Gomez's latin album debuted at #22 on the BB200...

So yeah...with the current #1 album being nonenglish album and quite a few latin charting albums and hits I figured the trend was in for this style.

But it looks as though she has another one coming so possibly the next one will debut on BB200 who knows :lakitu:

I really feel sorry for her. One of the most successful artist back then and now couldn't even chart at #200. Where are her fans? Also, is this her studio album?

Aguilera actually felt like a side project. We can see her efforts for this album but it's somehow not working out. She shouldve had atleast one big artists as a feature.

I know there's people saying "we didn't expect it to chart" but like...wouldn't you probably need a small small number to even CHART somewhere in the top 200? Like, aren't old ass albums like Teenage Dream, Lana/Taylor's old albums, etc still charting? And this brand new Christina Aguilera project couldn't even get enough streams to chart somewhere alongside them?

The music is literal forgettable garbage and nobody really likes her.

HOW is she still signed? :rip: 

12 hours ago, XAMJ said:

same way avril is an OPENING ACT for MGK in 2022.

I mean, Avril's album atleast charted and in the Top 10 :cm:

It's sad that she doesn't even have a few thousand fans anymore in the country who would purchase and stream during release week at least. :rip:

13 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

I loved this song when I was a kid, my mom played it all the time. Now listening to it back, the lyrics are so awkwardly translated :rip: you can make sense of them but something's off about them lol

OT: I didn't even know she had an album out

You mean translated to English? Cause that's a cover of a 1991 song.

The latin market is NOT having it either.

How is her Spanish?

Edited by Patient Zero

20 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

That’s cause her team sucks

So does Christina’s if we’re using this excuse. 

I think we should wait until the 3rd and final EP is added with physicals before jumping the gun. I have a feeling they will put all the promotion into that.

I think she should have skipped the Grammys this year & simply waited until next year.

If that still doesn’t chart once the 3rd EP & physicals is added she’s in big trouble. 

1 hour ago, Patient Zero said:

The latin market is NOT having it either.

How is her Spanish?

:rip:

Cus her fans were too busy fanfictioning that she's still relevant these days and that she is currently bigger than any other 2000s acts.

Neither of these are true but while doing it and while living in the past, her tiny fanbase completely forgot to stream and buy her music.

We don't need to talk about the GP. They don't even know who's Aguilera.

19 hours ago, ninetiesceline said:

Aguilera actually felt like a side project. We can see her efforts for this album but it's somehow not working out. She shouldve had atleast one big artists as a feature.

Well she certainly spent a lot of time and money on a “side project”. She got more singles and videos than other girls’ entire eras.

OT: The album would have been good if she didn’t try to fit that cheap latin urban sound and those tragic feats. In the end the GP gave 0 fucks anyway. La Reina should have been the lead. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.