“AGUILERA” Failed To Chart on the BB200. Why?

wehavetostan

The ninth studio album by Christina Aguilera, entitled “AGUILERA” failed to enter the Billboard 200 after its first full tracking week. 

I find it surprising because “LA FUERZA” sold 4,000 equivalent album units in its first week (2,000 of which were pure sales) back in January. Also, her previous studio album, “Liberation”, debuted at #6 on the Billboard 200.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Brando

• SweetTalker

• JustHoran

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like when your following is mostly US-centered, they might treat your spanish album as a side project and not a "real" album. 

We all know why. It was rushed together as an album to meet the Latin Grammy deadline. There’s no physical copies. Etc etc. NOBODY expected it to chart.

This site is so obsessed with Xtina Aguilera. :deadbanana2:

Even her own name lost popularity, it seems :giraffe:

I like Xtina a lot but as an American I thought this was a little side EP so I can’t say I’m shocked:rip:

22 minutes ago, zach said:

We all know why. It was rushed together as an album to meet the Latin Grammy deadline. There’s no physical copies. Etc etc. NOBODY expected it to chart.

Why would they butcher such an interesting concept and release schedule just to meet a deadline of a fairly irrelevant award? Do they need the grammys this year? Couldn't they wait for it to be nominated next year?

It’s a Christina Aguilera album released in 2022

Aside from the roll-out it's a Spanish EP album and those simply are not as anticipated as a full English studio album. Her Mi Reflejo album, released in her prime, shows it rather caters to a niche as well. Additionally half of the content was released months ago & there is no physical edition. 

I think no one expected it to chart, but it's all ok. She delivered a solid, quality project so far.

I’m sorry but we’re not in the year 2000 anymore.

Christina could still be charting in 2022 if she invested in her career more but she didn’t. She failed to solidly her place in the industry (we’ve known this for 1.5 decades) by taking long breaks, burning bridges with people in the industry, not being able to settle on a sound/image. So it’s no surprise people don’t check for her anymore.

Xtina is a non-factor :michael:

The only people checking for her are gays in their early to mid 30's now. No one else knows her.

Edited by Bhabylon

16 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

It’s a Christina Aguilera album released in 2022

same way avril is an OPENING ACT for MGK in 2022.

I think it was a huge success. DMF probably has more insights into the album’s overwhelming success. 

8 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

same way avril is an OPENING ACT for MGK in 2022.

That’s cause her team sucks :giraffe: and MGK’s tour is bombing which is hilarious.

Avril’s Canadian tour was mostly sold out and her European shows next year are almost all sold out as well.

Avril’s latest album outdid the previous one (peak and units) without vinyl :coffee2:

Edited by ProudLBS

Not surprised at all. Why would you expect her albums to chart anywhere? 

no-one cares about Christina Aguilera in 2022

This woman once was the second most successful female recording artist during the end of 90s and first half of 00s, to the point that now she can’t reach billboard 200 is a mystery to me.

kris-jenner.gif

1 hour ago, St. Charles said:

I feel like when your following is mostly US-centered, they might treat your spanish album as a side project and not a "real" album. 

well Revelación charted

1 hour ago, Raspy said:

WHY NOT?

It's an album by Christina Aguilera in 2022

tea-wendy-williams.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.