BLONDE (2022) | Ana de Armas is Marilyn Monroe | Best Actress nom!

The Witch

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Witch

• Sharapov

• fridayteenage

• Leptine

Ngl she sounds kinda good on those 2 seconds. I was expecting the accent to be a disaster :deadbanana4:

I'm really nervous about how they're going to adapt the book, because it was extremely meandering and dense at times; a lot of it is internal monologue. But Ana looks incredible and from what's in the teaser it's got a very striking visual language. Definitely stoked to see it no matter how good or bad it is. 

This looks way better than I was expecting. She's gonna get torn to shreds no matter how bad/good she is so I'm just gonna enjoy her performance because from the teasers she looks INCREDIBLE. Her spanish accent is slipping through but it would have been impossible to remove it anyway because she's still learning english. The smile in the end was so haunting wow. 

Even if this bombs it's looking good and it's gonna get a cult following I think. 

She is coming to sweep critics awards me thinks :duca:

Let Marilyn rest in piece for god sake…

But Im excited :duca:

As long as shes able to not have her accent ill watch. But anas accent is very thick so i hope she worked with an accent coach

17 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

She is coming to sweep critics awards me thinks :duca:

it's not even being sent to theatres...i dont think anyone has faith in this

Don't know how this is gonna work with her thick accent but she kinda looks like Marylin at times.

49 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

it's not even being sent to theatres...i dont think anyone has faith in this

Dead on arrival teas 

The director Pedro Almodóvar has said that John F. Kennedy rapes Marilyn Monroe in this movie and theres many more dark weird (not real) scenes

1 hour ago, Blue Monday said:

I'm really nervous about how they're going to adapt the book, because it was extremely meandering and dense at times; a lot of it is internal monologue. But Ana looks incredible and from what's in the teaser it's got a very striking visual language. Definitely stoked to see it no matter how good or bad it is. 

From what I have heard they are keeping that for the film and it won't have a traditional or linear plot. I read something that said the assault scenes were filmed her p.o.v. as well.

It's definitely going to push buttons too, Netflix was apparently not crazy about the NC-17 rating, but left it alone in the end.

I read the book a few months ago and didn't quite enjoy it.

Let's see how the movie adaptation turns out to be.

51 minutes ago, slik said:

From what I have heard they are keeping that for the film and it won't have a traditional or linear plot. I read something that said the assault scenes were filmed her p.o.v. as well.

It's definitely going to push buttons too, Netflix was apparently not crazy about the NC-17 rating, but left it alone in the end.

Yeah I would imagine they’d have to, otherwise it would need to be retooled completely. As much as the book was hard to get through in some sections, it was a really fascinating literary exercise and unlike anything I’ve ever read before. There’s been a lot of talk around those scenes, but if done correctly I think they can be really powerful. The trailer gave me Jackie vibes, which on paper should have been a disaster but ended up being one of the best biopics ever made. I hope this is close to that (and Ana delivering a performance like Natalie Portman in that film would be a dream) 

She looks really good, and the movie seems intriguing. I wish it had a theatre run tho, I'd like to see it on the big screen.

2 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

She looks really good, and the movie seems intriguing. I wish it had a theatre run tho, I'd like to see it on the big screen.

i mean it probably will to qualify for awards, but if you live in nowheresville you'll be out of luck

These annoying ass “let Marilyn rest” comments :rip: Get over yourselves. She’s a very public figure, has been since the 50s and will continue to be until the Earth explodes. Anyway, Ana looks great and I just know she’s about to devour this role.

4 hours ago, Kings. said:

These annoying ass “let Marilyn rest” comments :rip: Get over yourselves. She’s a very public figure, has been since the 50s and will continue to be until the Earth explodes.

This :rip: 

It's understandable with the Kim K stuff especially the creepy lock of hair thing but the biopics and documentaries keep Marilyn's legacy alive for future generations

And it's not just her, even the new Elvis movie got more Gen Z looking Elvis up and The Crown boosted Princess Diana's profile with the new generation as well

It's inevitable with cultural icons cause there will always be a demand for it

As long as it's done respectfully of course

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

This :rip: 

It's understandable with the Kim K stuff especially the creepy lock of hair thing but the biopics and documentaries keep Marilyn's legacy alive for future generations

And it's not just her, even the new Elvis movie got more Gen Z looking Elvis up and The Crown boosted Princess Diana's profile with the new generation as well

It's inevitable with cultural icons cause there will always be a demand for it

As long as it's done respectfully of course

And that’s all that matters!!!! :cm: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.