BLONDE (2022) | Ana de Armas is Marilyn Monroe | Best Actress nom!

The Witch

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Witch

• Sharapov

• Leptine

• Blue Monday

7 minutes ago, lovedaddy said:

she looks more like Madonna lol

Ana-De-Armas-Marilyn-Monroe-Blonde.jpeg?

This is from Blade Runner

4 minutes ago, terrorblade said:

why is it controversial

People who have seen said it's very artsy and graphic and it was supposed to come out ages ago but Netflix fought with the director because they thought it was too out there

OT: Ahhh my queen

I just finished reading the book and I have absolutely no idea how this is going to translate into a coherent film 

im perched for this one

Its gonna be really good or really bad no in between

1 hour ago, terrorblade said:

why is it controversial

it's nc 17 for being so explicit apparently

They should have saved a blond Ana de Armas in the 50s for a better role—Evelyn Hugo in The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. She was who I imagined the entire time while I read the book.

2 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

I just finished reading the book and I have absolutely no idea how this is going to translate into a coherent film 

Did you like the book?

Just now, slik said:

Did you like the book?

Yes and no. It was not like anything I had ever read before, it covers her entire life which is a huge undertaking for any author, but the fact that there are fictionalized sections/characters and it all essentially takes place in her head makes it inaccessible and hard to follow at times. The way Joyce writes about Marylin's body sometimes is a little strange and off putting, but overall I liked the experience of reading it. I really just don't know how you adapt this into a film without sanding off the edges (arguably what make this worth adapting tbh). I'm interested to see the movie though!

3 hours ago, terrorblade said:

why is it controversial

Spoiler

FBdvfeEVcAAis_c?format=jpg&name=small FBdvfeFVQAEoMHn?format=jpg&name=small

Here's the full tea. *** SPOILERS WARNING *** 

2 hours ago, The Witch said:
  Hide contents

Not ADR :ahh:

Very strange casting choice. Ana clearly has a latin accent :skull:

5 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

im perched for this one

Its gonna be really good or really bad no in between

This is how I feel and I am ready for the ride.

Ready for the mess, did anyone watched Deep Water?

11 hours ago, The Witch said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This sounds like BS and reads like someone's take who doesn't know what they're talking about (if it's real at all) so I'm not giving credence to these claims regarding the quality at all, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix really didn't have the balls or knew what to do with it looking at their general cookie cutter content. Perhaps it would be better off with A24 or Neon. Movies like this being immediately available to **** on for a tasteless broad audience that wouldn't otherwise watch it might not help.

8 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Isn’t Ana Cuban? :rip: How can she play Marilyn? 

It's not a biopic, it's based on a fictionalized story and version of Marilyn. 

7 hours ago, Morissette said:

Very strange casting choice. Ana clearly has a latin accent :skull:

What a weird comment. Americans and Brits get to play characters and butcher accents / dialects from all over the world, but a Latina can only play Latinas? :skull:

4 hours ago, Coma Baby said:

This sounds like BS and reads like someone's take who doesn't know what they're talking about (if it's real at all) so I'm not giving credence to these claims regarding the quality at all, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix really didn't have the balls or knew what to do with it looking at their general cookie cutter content. Perhaps it would be better off with A24 or Neon. Movies like this being immediately available to **** on for a tasteless broad audience that wouldn't otherwise watch it might not help.

I believe it since It's been pushed back for years now. :rip: A24 would've been perfect, i know Netflix is gonna lower the quality

ezgif.com-resize-3.thumb.gif.9626b01a842

7 hours ago, Coma Baby said:

It's not a biopic, it's based on a fictionalized story and version of Marilyn. 

What a weird comment. Americans and Brits get to play characters and butcher accents / dialects from all over the world, but a Latina can only play Latinas? :skull:

Since this looked like a biopic, I imagine it would have been true to source material, in which Marilyn Monroe did not have a latin accent. Get your woke points somewhere else :biblio:

• 1 month later...
Edited by State of Grace.

oh wow, Ana de Armas as Marilyn is actually incredible casting :jonny4:

I really want to watch this

At this point it feels lika a gangbang... let her rest in peace! And stop making money off her...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.