​ Kanye West has surpassed 15 million pure album sales in the US. ​

Yuanyu

4 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

More than ye? If we talk about equivalent album units Drake, if we talk about pure sales we have 50 cent who debuted 1 year before ye and crossed 17m in 2014.

As far as i know since ye debuted only 2 artists has crossed 15m pure album sales, Taylor and Adele 

The thread is about pure, that's what I was talking about. We can agree no one did. 

Hip hop and Rnb don't sell as much as other genres because the reach is limited, it's just a fact. 

MJ was barely selling when he was a Rnb artist until he became pop and never looked back. As a matter most people don't know Thriller is his 6th album and Off The Wall is his 5th.

Whitney's pure rnb album is a complete flop, her only flop album ever. And even the brilliant "My Love Is Your Love" took some times to take off because too RnB and was helped by dance and pop remixes of the songs in Europe particularly. 

It's just the way it is. 

Comparing Hip hop sales with country or pop singers is a nonsense 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yuanyu

• BnPac

• Bey_Rihstan

• Steve Johnson

12 minutes ago, BnPac said:

The thread is about pure, that's what I was talking about. We can agree no one did. 

Hip hop and Rnb don't sell as much as other genres because the reach is limited, it's just a fact. 

MJ was barely selling when he was a Rnb artist until he became pop and never looked back. As a matter most people don't know Thriller is his 6th album and Off The Wall is his 5th.

Whitney's pure rnb album is a complete flop, her only flop album ever. And even the brilliant "My Love Is Your Love" took some times to take off because too RnB and was helped by dance and pop remixes of the songs in Europe particularly. 

It's just the way it is. 

Comparing Hip hop sales with country or pop singers is a nonsense 

I repeat, only two artist have exceed 15m pure sales since ye debut.

2 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

I repeat, only two artist have exceed 15m pure sales since ye debut.

And I repeat not a single Rnb or Hip Hop artist have exceeded Ye's pure since his debut. 

4 hours ago, BnPac said:

And I repeat not a single Rnb or Hip Hop artist have exceeded Ye's pure since his debut. 

Beyoncé? 

I mean she debuted in 2003 but they're almost at the same time and B had 6 albums only; B7 could push her pass 18M tho. 

10 hours ago, BnPac said:

I think you are confusing me, I have never said they are bad numbers, quite the contrary, and their longevity is amazing. 

1 hour ago, Yuanyu said:

I think you are confusing me, I have never said they are bad numbers, quite the contrary, and their longevity is amazing. 

Well you're confusing me too. You quoted a post of me implying his longevity was great and one could not set the same standards for Rnb/hip hop artists with pop with "you're making this about race". 

Anyway, glad we agree. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.