Special Ed Students Excluded From Graduation Program

Sergi91

SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- Multiple special education students at San Leandro High School say they were discriminated against due to their disabilities. Even though they walked in graduation, they were not added to the graduation program and were told their diplomas were not ordered in time.

The next day, Joseph woke up at 7 a.m. to clean the frame where he would put his diploma, but they later found out the school excluded them again.

"I said we are here to pick up the certificates and she looked at us and said 'oh we forgot to order the certificates. It's going to be about a month until you guys receive them.'" said Elena Munoz.

Source

... Who in their right mind would not have made that a priority? :psyduck:

On 6/16/2022 at 4:31 AM, hurricane326 said:

Special education programs around the country are so underfunded and neglected. As someone who fell victim to one particularly violent environment, I wasn't even allowed to attend my high school graduation, much less appear on a roster with all the other students. I was handed my diploma on the last day of school. I still have nightmares.

You were special ed and they abused you?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.