Bey’s release will be the first big moment of the new decade?

JayRockafella

Agree?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Agree?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know if statistically it'll be bigger but it has a good chance to be bigger in the sense of cultural impact and feeling like a true moment, depending on what she does... given that ST and Lemonade were not huge eras insofar as singles and all that but are pretty much two of the most important and mentionable of the decade, with two of the biggest and most immediately interesting releases, too.

Edited by swissman

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• idkwiam

• More Than A Melody

40 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

The ANGER :dies: let it out Miss Mommas

worry about your fave SLAVING away on a near 2yr tour making less than half of what Miss Swift did in 6 months. Peasant behavior :clownny:

:rip: am I angry or are you, the one bringing a completely unrelated argument to this thread?

Where are you even getting your numbers? :toofunny2: Love On Tour grossed 95M so far with arenas in 1 country. He'll likely be close if not match/slightly above Reputation by the time his tour ends :skull:

It's also not 2 years vs 6 months... Rep tour was 7 months, LOT total will be under 11 months. And that's because he's touring Latin America and continental Europe. Swifties are losing the plot. Y'all are dragging the fact that other successful artists actually set foot in countries she's never even thought of visiting now :toofunny2:Weird flex that she can't sell out big venues in a lot of European and Latin American countries so she won't bother going, but okay! And all this for a tour that could end up outselling Rep anyway :bibliahh:

Let's keep it on topic: first big moment of the new decade in music Blinding Lights

She opened the biggest and most talked about Oscars ceremony of all time with Be Alive, so the album will only be the second big moment I'm afraid.

gqCjZq4.gif

The only reason why NO is winning bc it's not the first big event of 2020s. But it will be HUGE, she almost crashed ATRL just by changing her profile pictures

not if its hard deep hip hop.... please for the sake of the gays, i hope she goes back to the old music she did. fun flashy sexy, party vibes. all still urban and black and powerful but never pretentious, always effortless. 

On 6/13/2022 at 9:50 PM, RihFenty20 said:

The first big moment of the decade was Cardi’s wap. Lol at the cult saying folkbore as if anybody outside the cult cares about that lady :rip:

“Cult”

this is rich come from. Rihfund Stan :rip: 

9 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

:rip: am I angry or are you, the one bringing a completely unrelated argument to this thread?

Where are you even getting your numbers? :toofunny2: Love On Tour grossed 95M so far with arenas in 1 country. He'll likely be close if not match/slightly above Reputation by the time his tour ends :skull:

It's also not 2 years vs 6 months... Rep tour was 7 months, LOT total will be under 11 months. And that's because he's touring Latin America and continental Europe. Swifties are losing the plot. Y'all are dragging the fact that other successful artists actually set foot in countries she's never even thought of visiting now :toofunny2:Weird flex that she can't sell out big venues in a lot of European and Latin American countries so she won't bother going, but okay! And all this for a tour that could end up outselling Rep anyway :bibliahh:

Let's keep it on topic: first big moment of the new decade in music Blinding Lights

This meltdown :rip: 

Since we're talking about moments and not whole eras/hits/albums, Folklore is really this decade's biggest moment in music.

Dua and Doja, for example, smashed hard but they were never an event.

24 minutes ago, mikeyace16 said:

This meltdown :rip: 

Running out of arguments and calling a clapback "a meltdown" is... a choice.

Also, your comment is off topic. Do you think Beyoncé releasing new music would be the first big moment of the decade? I said no, but it would be a big one.

22 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Touring for 2 years, 2 different albums, "many countries" and still hardly competing with Reputation tour :bibliahh:

And Taylor is not bothering to book lots of arena dates for years like Harry does because she is above that hence why her 7 months tour in few countries grossing as much as Harry's all those efforts :ahh:

OT : Folklore and Sour, the biggest moments of 2020s will be hard to top. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

23 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Not people saying Folklore is the biggest moment of the decade as if WAP, Sour, Future Nostalgia era, the Blinding Lights + Save Your Tears run, Montero, Doja Cat's absolute dominance, hell, even As It Was right now, hadn't much more global attention for a longer period of time :toofunny2:

Nobody's saying it's the biggest, Harry Styles stan. They are saying it's one of the biggest, which it is.

BTS's comback with a full english album will be the biggest event of the decade.

1 hour ago, 4Real said:

Nobody's saying it's the biggest, Harry Styles stan. They are saying it's one of the biggest, which it is.

Folklore?

folklore release day >>>>>>>>>>

Yeah that was definitely Folklore

From the first page alone. Considering Blinding Lights had gotten 1 billion streams and was 4x Platinum months before Folklore came out, to name that as the first big moment of the decade and not even namecheck Abel feels... WEIRD to say the least:

1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Touring for 2 years, 2 different albums, "many countries" and still hardly competing with Reputation tour :bibliahh:

And Taylor is not bothering to book lots of arena dates for years like Harry does because she is above that hence why her 7 months tour in few countries grossing as much as Harry's all those efforts :ahh:

OT : Folklore and Sour, the biggest moments of 2020s will be hard to top. 

Love On Tour: Sep 4 to Nov 28 (2021) = 3 months + June 11 to Dec 10 (2022) = 6 months + Feb 20 to March 7 (2023) = 16 days. 3 + 6 + 0.5 = 9.5 months. Nowhere NEAR 2 years.

All the tickets sold out before the second album came out... he's touring two albums because... there was a global pandemic. Just like Abel and Justin and Billie are touring two albums. Why are you acting brand new? As if Taylor HERSELF won't tour multiple albums next time she goes out :skull: 

Harry booked stadium dates in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Brazil, Sweden, Germany, and Scotland. Which are countries she didn't even touch during Rep tour. How is that a drag? He's also doing more shows in Australia in bigger stadiums than Taylor. The only country where Taylor will be selling more tickets than Harry this tour is the US (he sold 1.5M+ and she sold 2M+), maybe Ireland :rip:. She's not "above" the countries Harry is touring arenas in, considering she included them in Lover Fest. She was just too up her own ass to book arenas because she wanted Rep tour to be just stadiums. Only her fans would twist being too stuck up to acknowledge you don't have the audience in (multiple) countries to do stadiums as a positive. Even Ed's last tour, the biggest touring act on the planet, included multiple arenas. And it's the biggest tour in history and it actually lasted two years.

This is also Harry's second headlining tour :rip: Rep was her fifth. Taylor's second headlining tour netted 124M WW while Harry's so far netted 95M with half of the US shows only. Take a seat. There's no Taylorsplaining out of this one.

Edited by More Than A Melody

2 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

From the first page alone. Considering Blinding Lights had gotten 1 billion streams and was 4x Platinum months before Folklore came out, to name that as the first big moment of the decade and not even namecheck Abel feels... WEIRD to say the least:

What type of logic :toofunny2:

Units over time =/= big event. 

That's saying like Lemonade era or Beyonce's Formation performance at Superbowl was non-event because Formation is only 1 or 2 platinum. 

That's saying like LWYMMD release was smaller event than Congratulations because one of them sold more over time. 

Love On Tour: Sep 4 to Nov 28 (2021) = 3 months + June 11 to Dec 10 (2022) = 6 months + Feb 20 to March 7 (2023) = 16 days. 3 + 6 + 0.5 = 9.5 months. Nowhere NEAR 2 years.

Assuming he won't release more dates, September 2021 - March 2023 is 1.5 year. 

The time in between matters because that's the time demand recovers. He added another US leg after 7-10 months for a reason (just like Ed did multiple times with Divide tour). 

As if Taylor HERSELF won't tour multiple albums next time she goes out :skull: 

She will and the demand will be bigger than ever thanks to that which was.. my exact point. You can feel free to compare her next tour to those tours with multiple albums. 

Harry booked stadium dates in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Brazil, Sweden, Germany, and Scotland. Which are countries she didn't even touch during Rep tour. How is that a drag? He's also doing more shows in Australia in bigger stadiums than Taylor. The only country where Taylor will be selling more tickets than Harry this tour is the US (he sold 1.5M+ and she sold 2M+), maybe Ireland :rip:. She's not "above" the countries Harry is touring arenas in, considering she included them in Lover Fest. She was just too up her own ass to book arenas because she wanted Rep tour to be just stadiums. Only her fans would twist being too stuck up to acknowledge you don't have the audience in (multiple) countries to do stadiums as a positive. Even Ed's last tour, the biggest touring act on the planet, included multiple arenas. And it's the biggest tour in history and it actually lasted two years.

Taylor has enough demand to book +50 stadiums globally which means... she is above arenas. 

Just like Beyonce also above them. 

Just like Bad Bunny above them. 

Just like Ed (yeah Ed), who was big enough to only book stadiums after 2018 and didn't book any arena dates in the last 4 years. 

Unless your faves can book stadium tours like them, these artists are above them and bigger touring acts. 

(+I didn't claim Taylor is above these countries, i said she is above "arena shows". If she wanted to add more dates, she could start with stadium shows in Asia but she didn't bother to book more dates, she didn't even book another city in Japan itself because, as i said, she doesn't have to. 350M with 53 dates, only few touring legends can relate :katie2:

Why is the boy band fan even trying to compare Taylor's touring? As if she won't be doing Rolling Stones numbers for her next tour :toofunny2:

_____

It'll be huge, but not the first. :)

8 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

What type of logic :toofunny2:

Units over time =/= big event. 

That's saying like Lemonade era or Beyonce's Formation performance at Superbowl was non-event because Formation is only 1 or 2 platinum. 

That's saying like LWYMMD release was smaller event than Congratulations because one of them sold more over time. 

The song was 4x Platinum eligible BEFORE Taylor dropped Folklore. The song was like, six months old. That's INSANE NUMBERS. That's not a non-event. I'm not talking about how big it is now. I'm talking about how big it was in early 2020. It was the biggest song of the year already with only a few months, and it was an even bigger event because it wasn't even supposed to be a single. He released it as a promo single with the main single being Heartless. Why are you trying to take this away from an artist of color??

Assuming he won't release more dates, September 2021 - March 2023 is 1.5 year. 

The time in between matters because that's the time demand recovers. He added another US leg after 7-10 months for a reason (just like Ed did multiple times with Divide tour). 

Except he sold most of his tickets in twenty freaking nineteen! 90% of the Europe dates and 70% of the Latin American dates were sold out BEFORE EVEN FINE LINE CAME OUT! A good chunk of the Australian dates were sold in March 2020. The Taylorsplaining about demand recovering :rip: The PLOYSS you will try to get away with. In late 2021, in the middle of his US tour, he added two dates. Both sold out in minutes. I promise you he didn't need time for "demand to recover". And the argument the other person was trying to make (the person who brought up the tours out of nowhere for no reason) was that he was "slaving himself away touring for two years" not that demand was recovering... whatever that means :rip: he's touring a net time of 9 and a half months vs 7 months of Rep Tour. And will likely outsell her. Second tour vs Fifth. Cope.

She will and the demand will be bigger than ever thanks to that which was.. my exact point. You can feel free to compare her next tour to those tours with multiple albums. 

If the demand is bigger when she tours multiple albums then that's great for her. Harry's tour tickets were announced and sold BEFORE HIS SECOND ALBUM CAME OUT. Cope again.

Taylor has enough demand to book +50 stadiums globally which means... she is above arenas. 

Just like Beyonce also above them. 

Just like Bad Bunny above them. 

Just like Ed (yeah Ed), who was big enough to only book stadiums after 2018 and didn't book any arena dates in the last 4 years. 

Nobody is "above" arenas. Bad Bunny can't tour in theaters in most countries. He's not "above" them. He just doesn't have the demand. He also literally just wrapped an arena tour. Ed is touring stadiums worldwide because he's currently the only act alive who can do that. But when he couldn't (last tour, which ended in 2018), he booked arenas. Legendary touring acts like Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Roger Waters, Metallica, and Eagles book arenas. Elton John is currently touring arenas. You're saying Bad Bunny is a bigger touring act than Roger Waters, Metallica, and freaking ELTON JOHN?? :bibliahh:

Unless your faves can book stadium tours like them, these artists are above them and bigger touring acts. 

That's not how Pollstar and Billboard measure this sort of thing, honey, and they're the ones handing the touring awards. Imma go tell Roger Waters that Bad Bunny is a bigger touring act than him. I'm sure you'll hear his cackle from the moon.

(+I didn't claim Taylor is above these countries, i said she is above "arena shows". If she wanted to add more dates, she could start with stadium shows in Asia but she didn't bother to book more dates, she didn't even book another city in Japan itself because, as i said, she doesn't have to. 350M with 53 dates, only few touring legends can relate :katie2:

Harry is gonna double/triple Taylor's second headlining tour numbers with his second (even adjusting for inflation).  Worry about that. Oh, and cope.

21 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Why is the boy band fan even trying to compare Taylor's touring? As if she won't be doing Rolling Stones numbers for her next tour :toofunny2:

_____

It'll be huge, but not the first. :)

I wasn't. Someone from your ilk decided to go completely off topic and tried to drag this argument and I simply corrected them. Maybe take it out on them.

I'm done with this argument. Typical of Swift's fans to drag out an argument that has nothing to do with anything when literally the slightest thing is said against their missus, and then call any clapback "a meltdown" and shade the obvious responses back.

@Artistofthedecade you've been freshly added to my ignore list. Welcome! Taylorsplain stuff to the walls.

The song was 4x Platinum eligible BEFORE Taylor dropped Folklore. The song was like, six months old. That's INSANE NUMBERS. That's not a non-event. I'm not talking about how big it is now. I'm talking about how big it was in early 2020. It was the biggest song of the year already with only a few months, and it was an even bigger event because it wasn't even supposed to be a single. He released it as a promo single with the main single being Heartless. Why are you trying to take this away from an artist of color??

As i already said, more units =/= bigger event. Otherwise, Formation would be a nonevent by your (lack of) logic.

And the NERVE of you talking about "taking things away from POC artists" when you had a meltdown about "Pitchfork giving higher scores to female POC artists than they do give to your white mediocre fave". Your exact words, 

Female artists and artists of color get a boost in their reviews automatically. It irks me, of course because I stan a white man :skull: I'm not even gonna deny it, I shudder to think what horrible score they'll give his album in a week, no matter what he sounds like, but it also annoys me as a woman of color because it just feels very white saviorish?? Like it doesn't feel honest or earned. It gives me an icky feeling.

THE NERVE :rip:

he's touring a net time of 9 and a half months vs 7 months of Rep Tour. And will likely outsell her.

Let's push it even more. Taylor toured for 53 days, Harry will tour for 127 days :toofunny2:

Nobody is "above" arenas. Bad Bunny can't tour in theaters in most countries. He's not "above" them. He just doesn't have the demand. He also literally just wrapped an arena tour.

And he will still outgross your fave. "COPE!" and "stop trying to take this away from an artist of color."

Imma go tell Roger Waters that Bad Bunny is a bigger touring act than him.

Both of them are bigger touring acts than Harry with their +40 stadium dates, just like Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Roger Waters, Metallica, and Eagles also are. All the names you listed can book 40 stadium dates in a single tour (including Taylor), unlike your fave. 

Harry is gonna double/triple Taylor's second headlining tour numbers with his second (even adjusting for inflation).  Worry about that. Oh, and cope.

You are the only one struggling to cope with the fact that Taylor is bigger touring force than Harry with decade old tours. 

you've been freshly added to my ignore list. Welcome! Taylorsplain stuff to the walls.

That's the second time you are saying this to me. Make up your mind, user More Than A Delusional. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

The way that Harry styles Stan is always in a perpetual meltdown mode :bibliahh:

I mean, we all know One D stans were the original BTS army with their toxicity, but my god, grow the **** up :gaycat6:.

Op: Yes, it's gonna be an event like Folklore by Taylor Swift :cm:.

Harry doesn’t even have a 100M grossing tour and his stans are coming for one of the highest grossing solo artists of all time? The nerve.

30 was the biggest I guess. Probably Sour after that. 

It depends on what music Bey comes with it, if it’s fun and upbeat she should smash. Light and fun stuff, no moody or politics songs please. 

Taylor fans coming for Harry’s tour numbers, really? He is absolutely slaying and he only has 2 solo albums. He is just getting bigger and bigger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.