The Handmaid's Tale | Season 5 finale now streaming | Renewed for final Season 6

State of Grace.

S3 and S4 aren't on the level of S1 or S2 but overall I've enjoyed every season and can't wait for this one. Though I'm kinda hoping this is the last season. Too much longer and it's just going to overstay its welcome. At some point you just need to wrap things up. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Taylor fanboy

• Hephaestus

• flower moon

2 hours ago, D/X said:

S1 > S3 (finale only) >>> S2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S3

I'm surprised they are releasing this year. Definitely looking forward to it but they need to speed up. It's taking AGES to get Serena's ass and overthrow Gilead.

a) they're planning to adapt the several-years-later sequel The Testaments separately, and gilead is still in power in it

baby nicole is 16

b) i mean...how quickly do you think it takes to overthrow a totalitarian, dictatorial regime exactly? 

Edited by fridayteenage

43 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

a) they're planning to adapt the several-years-later sequel The Testaments separately, and gilead is still in power in it

Reveal hidden contents

baby nicole is 16

b) i mean...how quickly do you think it takes to overthrow a totalitarian, dictatorial regime exactly? 

It makes way more sense that spin-off and sounds more interesting, than spend 7 seasons with the same ****. And even more if we already know that Gilead is staying alive and well for the rest of the series. 

S4 is the best season and that's that on that :celestial5:

Edited by Chileno

On 6/18/2022 at 11:22 PM, D/X said:

It makes way more sense that spin-off and sounds more interesting, than spend 7 seasons with the same ****. And even more if we already know that Gilead is staying alive and well for the rest of the series. 

hopefully the new regime staking their claim today will have their agenda stopped in less than 7 years; we'll see. 

We don't need the US to be inspired by Gilead.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:19 PM, Chileno said:

S4 is the best season and that's that on that :celestial5:

Came in here to say this, not sure what's going on with the sentiment otherwise :skull:

Devoured the first two seasons in a few days, this show is incredible. Like, movie level sh*t (or even better to be honest), I'm baffled at how good it actually is.

I'm not mad at the pacing, I think it's part of the reason the show's so impactful. The viewer gets to see a lot of the characters' story, so when anything important happens it feels very natural and you get to relate to a deep level.

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to watch this week by week. Every time an episode ends I jump straight to the next to know what happens.

if you don't like a slow burn this show is def not for you lol.

s2 (this season was so good and had so much character development) > s1 (a classic, but kind of uneventful in retrospect) > s4 (only bc so much happened in it but its really only marginally better than 3) > s3 (terrible season. so much thrown at the wall, and not a lot of it good. the highlights were Aunt Lydia's backstory, the DC episode, the waterfords getting captured, and the finale. it dragged on, and i feel like it even betrayed the heart of the show at times)

I really wish either 1) The Testaments was never created or 2) they didnt already announce they were going to adapt it. its annoying already knowing where this ends up. i really would have wanted this to end this season (if there was not going to be a testaments adaption) or that it just doesn't go longer than one more season, unless this season ends up being AMAZING, bc I feel like it is dragging out too long.

4 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

if you don't like a slow burn this show is def not for you lol.

s2 (this season was so good and had so much character development) > s1 (a classic, but kind of uneventful in retrospect) > s4 (only bc so much happened in it but its really only marginally better than 3) > s3 (terrible season. so much thrown at the wall, and not a lot of it good. the highlights were Aunt Lydia's backstory, the DC episode, the waterfords getting captured, and the finale. it dragged on, and i feel like it even betrayed the heart of the show at times)

I really wish either 1) The Testaments was never created or 2) they didnt already announce they were going to adapt it. its annoying already knowing where this ends up. i really would have wanted this to end this season (if there was not going to be a testaments adaption) or that it just doesn't go longer than one more season, unless this season ends up being AMAZING, bc I feel like it is dragging out too long.

maybe they want it to be their walking dead, which is 11 seasons and is set to continue in, like, 4 different spinoff series :gaycat2:

Finished S3, it was honestly so boring and uneventful. Nothing relevant happens for literally 10 episodes, but at least the last 3 were S1/S2 level good. The Waterfords getting arrested and the airport scenes were amazing. Definitely the worst season so far though.

I'm getting very frustrated at seeing June almost escaping every time and failing. What was this, the fourth or fifth time? I get that they have to keep her in Gilead to continue the story, but I think they could do it in a way that it's not so obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

oooh ***** its the serve

On 6/14/2022 at 12:58 AM, State of Grace. said:

The old thread is gone forever I guess?

Anyways, ready for the best show of all time to come back :duca: 

Trailer is OUT!

https://youtu.be/XBqUgnpbL7o

Watched S4's finale just now and I find out that the trailer for S5 is out? Blessed be the day!

June's trajectory is getting weird, although understandable considering everything she's been through. Poor Luke though, he doesn't deserve to endure more pain... I hope she'll come to her senses eventually, I feel like she hasn't been herself anymore after S3, they truly broke her. Fred's demise is truly the representation of "see when you do clownery, the clown comes back to bite". I thought I'd enjoy seeing him and/or Serena die during S1/S2, but it didn't hit as hard as I expected. Maybe it's because June has gone off the deep end. Overall a good season with an ok finale, way better than the last, especially because the story finally moved forward.

That being said, S5 is shaping up to be the June vs Serena show (it's giving Gaga vs Katy in 2013) and I'm ... Ready For It?.mp3 :jonny5:

by the looks from the teaser the entire season will just be June vs Serena which like… sounds like another trodding mess tbh 

Aunt Lydia needs to die 

Serena and Aunt Lydia better have their eyes gotten out with a spoon and let die bleeding while being eaten by crows. 

14 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Serena and Aunt Lydia better have their eyes gotten out with a spoon and let die bleeding while being eaten by crows. 

Screaming :hoetenks:

Serena vs. June is boring and overplayed. I just wanted Janine to get out honestly. 

• 1 month later...

June is in her I Did Something Bad, Serena will be on her Look What You Made Me Do.

:WAP:

Aunt Lydia still on her This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things. I hope she suffers this season.

14 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

June is in her I Did Something Bad, Serena will be on her Look What You Made Me Do.

:WAP:

Aunt Lydia still on her This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things. I hope she suffers this season.

Oh wow, this is looks so good :gaycat2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.