Kesha - "Pageantry"

Alien.

8 minutes ago, austinsuxx said:

She worked on Rainbow for ~5 years. Of course she's gonna have an abundance of songs recorded in that time frame. It would be crazy to think she wouldn't ever use those songs outside of one album cycle.

Well, but the Rainbow songs were recorded specifically for Rainbow. It's not really the same as what happened with High Road.

Like, I'm not against Pageantry being on K5 if it truly fits on the album, but there is a difference between doing that specifically with one or two songs where it works and making a theme out of it which is exactly what happened with High Road and we don't need a repetition of that.

8 minutes ago, austinsuxx said:

I think she would only ever release it because fans asked for it, same reason Birthday Suit got released. 

I really don't think that was the reason, it looks more like RCA simply didn't care about the leak and decided to stick with the song anyways :rip:

Edited by TomTom2288

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• austinsuxx

• collin

• bearman

• TomTom

52 minutes ago, austinsuxx said:

It's really interesting that fans begged kesha to release this, and are now mad that she potentially might release this... lols

Maybe the animals here are just different because I have never seen a single person want this on K5 or even really released at all.

41 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Well, but the Rainbow songs were recorded specifically for Rainbow. It's not really the same as what happened with High Road.

Like, I'm not against Pageantry being on K5 if it truly fits on the album, but there is a difference between doing that specifically with one or two songs where it works and making a theme out of it which is exactly what happened with High Road and we don't need a repetition of that.

Perfectly said :clap3: 

Disappointing. The chorus / pre-chorus is good, but the verses are really not it. Kinda hurts my ears when she goes to that high pitch.

Edited by Gladiator

1 hour ago, TomTom2288 said:

I really don't think that was the reason, it looks more like RCA simply didn't care about the leak and decided to stick with the song anyways :rip:

That is the reason. Lol, she even almost put meet me in space on High Road because it was a fan favorite as well. 

1 minute ago, austinsuxx said:

Lol, she even almost put meet me in space on High Road because it was a fan favorite as well. 

Sorry, but I really don't believe that at all.

52 minutes ago, collin said:

Maybe the animals here are just different because I have never seen a single person want this on K5 or even really released at all.

I've seen many people ask for Pageantry to be put on the new album on instagram / twitter (granted they didn't hear what it sounded like prior to the leak i assume), along with other throwaway songs like Everytime You Go. 

She should just do a droplet era like Selena and put out some unreleaseds or just put them on the respective album like a deluxe or something

Since she's taking fan requests let's campaign for Victimless Crime (feat. Charli XCX) [Hudson Mohawke Remix]. 

20 hours ago, bearman said:

Just kidding :clown: I remember some people that attended the High Road listening party saying that they played them Pageantry instead of Summer as the deluxe song. 

I just find it weird that she's considering old songs again instead of moving on.

what other songs she played for them and didn't make the cut for HR?

12 hours ago, DojaCat said:

Release Hollywood queen. 

Child of the Moon and Love Triangle deserve

hey this sounds nice! :rainbow:

48 minutes ago, Music Xclusive said:

what other songs she played for them and didn't make the cut for HR?

I don’t think she was there but some people in the High Road thread attended a listening party/session and they only played them Pageantry as a bonus song but it seems like they went for Summer.

This is a bop :heart2:

On 6/13/2022 at 6:10 AM, BlackoutZone said:

Not another song she's been considering for K5 leaking

This is literally the worst news I could have received today :deadbanana2:

On 6/13/2022 at 3:19 PM, bearman said:

Since she's taking fan requests let's campaign for Victimless Crime (feat. Charli XCX) [Hudson Mohawke Remix]. 

Xactly 

im scared k5 will sounds a bit like high road like how high road sounds a bit like rainbow cause she keeps recycling stuff. i wish shed start over at some point 

On 6/13/2022 at 9:08 PM, Fifteen said:

She should just do a droplet era like Selena and put out some unreleaseds or just put them on the respective album like a deluxe or something

This. Pageantry sounds like something that would only make sense in the context of High Road era, unless K5 follows the same theme/sound and I doubt it.

I love how soulful this song is, I think it's actually a great vibe for her :jamming:

On 6/13/2022 at 1:43 PM, austinsuxx said:

I've seen many people ask for Pageantry to be put on the new album on instagram / twitter (granted they didn't hear what it sounded like prior to the leak i assume), along with other throwaway songs like Everytime You Go. 

EYG is actually a good song though that definitely should’ve been on High Road.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.