Bigger career: Adele or Shakira?

sasashite

Adele x Shakira  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which is bigger?

• Adele
    • Shakira

Each of these ladies had and still have massive success. But which is bigger overall? 

Adele. Shakira’s not big in my country at all.

adele is biggest female artist since mariah/celine, so it's adele

Edited by unison stan

Adele, Shakiras huge, but Adele is both global, and massively successful In the U.S. while Shakira only has 2 successful eras in the U.S. with only 3-4 hits 

The one thats been successful for over two decades and didnt start tanking after her 3rd era

Obviously Adele has a much higher success peak and has sold more. But we're still taking about Shakira 30 years after her debut and she's still relevant in the music industry.

Will that be the case for Adele in 2038? :michael:

adele for sure

shes a legend anywhere in the world, everybody would know her and her songs

i dont think shakira has that type of success though she is very BIG in many countries 

I thought I would never see this comparison. Ufffffffff this is a good thread though. Both ladies loved by the GP. I don’t know I can’t pick. And I’m not being sarcastic.

shakira lyrically in Spanish is a beast.

Adele I mean come onnnnnn guys. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

Obviously Adele has a much higher success peak and has sold more. But we're still taking about Shakira 30 years after her debut and she's still relevant in the music industry.

Will that be the case for Adele in 2038? :michael:

Adele has sold more than Shakira? 

Shakira has about 120 million records no? Haven’t really paid any attention to Adele numbers. 

Damn, this is a hard question. :jonnycat: Both talented legends, tbh. 

54 minutes ago, bocelli said:

The one thats been successful for over two decades and didnt start tanking after her 3rd era

:cm:

I'd say Adele. Her insane success with just 4 albums remains unmatched. Although Shakira has more iconic moments nonetheless. Both icons.

Shakira

Adele was cute for a second (RIND-SLY-Hello)

Adele maintains GLOBAL success while being huge in the USA and Europe and even Asia, Latin America where Shakira is huge but Adele is also big there 

not to mention Adele's music is bigger than Shakira's

Adele's bigger paid than Shakira

and you wont see Adele just being a plus one or share a performance, or be a judge/coach in some kind of reality show because that's how freaking expensive she is

even Adele's solo show has higher ratings than the Oscars 

Adele just had a bigger peak.

Shakira demolishes that mediocre woman in talent, showmanship, global hits and iconic moments.

So Shakira>>>>>

Adele is just a thing uk and usa peeps use to counter people who says that they have bad taste in music. It’s their clutch a fake one at it. 

Imo it's not about just sales here..(atrl only looks at that)

Shakira has been here for much more time and has been relevant for that time..she still had a pretty big peak and her influence Is known

whereas Adele had one of the biggest peaks ever..but the career is still young next to Shakira's..her influence can't be seen as much as S

idk..maybe Adele's career doesn't look exciting to me..

Shakira, there really aren't many of her peers to rival her global appeal, talent and longevity. This discussion should be upheld until Adele stays relevant on a global scale for another 20 years.

Shakira. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.