HDD: BTS #1 308K, Bad Bunny #2 131K, Carrie #8 33K, SZA #10 31K

Hector

I guess Carrie's fans (country soccer moms) are busy buying BTS's albums instead

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Michael196

• Carrie-is-no-1

• PrudenceHCharmed

5 hours ago, Michael196 said:

lies

Michael196

Taylor is just the exception. And she's a popular pop artist too (the biggest pop artist of the 21st century in the US:rip: ), she's not just a country artist like Carrie, Miranda, Kacey, Maren, Gabby, etc.

The rest of the country females are flopping.

46 minutes ago, Green said:

Taylor is just the exception. And she's a popular pop artist too (the biggest pop artist of the 21st century in the US:rip: ), she's not just a country artist like Carrie, Miranda, Kacey, Maren, Gabby, etc.

That user must be trolling :rip: 

Would’ve never expected Carrie to do less than half of My Savior numbers :deadbanana4:

Damn the numbers for Carrie :rip:

The way you have Morgan Wallen and Luke Combs selling 4-5M units of their albums while the women are barely scratching gold :skull:

Country is dead for female artists :gaycat6:

5 hours ago, kitasss_vlc said:

Hahahahhaha not 35 tracks hahahahahah

The desperation to get some streams to make up for the MASSIVE drop that is coming next week and getting those coins from their fans.... Hahahha I just cant

But hey, bravo to them for getting that money so easily lol

Its a Greatest Hits album. Dont think that's an unusual number

Edited by simmnfierzig

I feel sad for Carrie. I do like the album but it's definitely not her best, and there's not too much highs.

Maybe it'll be a grower. And maybe it'll have longevity, sales-wise and streaming-wise.

I seriously don’t understand what’s going on with Carrie’s roll out. She’s had no major publications review her and the CD isn’t in most targets or Walmarts in the US. Her label really dropped the ball or something else funky is going on..

Carrie's numbers aren't surprising. She appeals to a limited audience in country music and refuses to send her songs to other formats unless it naturally crosses over. Her music is pop-country so she sabotages herself by staying loyal to a community that really could care less.  The majority of the most successful female artists in country music are all acts that crossed over to pop at some point (ex: Dolly Parton, Shania Twain, Taylor Swift). 

Country music hasn't adapted to the streaming economy with the exception of a few younger male acts like Morgan Wallen and Luke Combs.  The genre is at risk to die with its audience if it doesn't evolve, especially considering its local to the U.S.  Taylor was smart to take the risk by leaving the genre for pop when she did.  She is largely responsible for bringing in a younger female audience to country in the late 00's/early 2010's and once she left the fans went with her.  The genre needs another female crossover superstar because they are losing out on a huge demographic (teens, young women). 

Something must be going with Carrie and her label since no major publications have reviewed as of yet, the album is not easy to find in Targets nor Walmarts and the rollout was truly a mess. I've been streaming though.

Does Carrie have vinyl available? I could’ve sworn she had vinyl for pre-order. Not sure if she’s a big vinyl seller, though, so it may not make much of a difference. Still curious, though. 

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

TOP 20: BTS RETURNS TO #1

BTS lands another #1, its fourth and the first for label BigHit’s new partnership with Geffen, just as the group's "hiatus" is announced. Bad Bunny's Un Verano Sin Ti will drop only slightly as it cements its status as 2022’s Album of the Summer. Capitol Nashville’s Carrie Underwood and TDE/RCA’s SZA are both headed for this week’s Top 10.

Now if you'll excuse us, we have to spend the remainder of the day finding "apparently inebriated Rudy Giuliani" memes.

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_1876926438.png

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=331862&title=TOP-20:-BTS-RETURNS-TO-#1

Dang I don't like her things are going for Carrie. She deserves better.

Carrie deserves this for turning into a trump supporter. 

Yeah, these numbers are beyond underwhelming for Carrie.

Bad Bunny's hold is ridiculous, his music may be garbage but cannot deny how big she is in US and the spanish speaking countries.

Carrie’s album won’t get the boost in sales she needs just like her anti-vax body isn’t getting the boost it needs to fight covid. So it makes sense.

The country music industry has done an exceptionally awful job at adapting their artists to streaming (beyond the 2-3 big male artists at the moment), especially the women. 

These are beyond underwhelming numbers for Carrie specifically of course, but she’s actually on par with most of the biggest country artists of the last ten to fifteen years. A lot of them are still getting played on country radio and scoring decently sized hits, but their numbers are abysmal. 

I don’t listen to much country, but I do like Carrie in a very casual fan sense and think the album is cute. It deserves better. 

6 minutes ago, 1989 said:

These are beyond underwhelming numbers for Carrie specifically of course, but she’s actually on par with most of the biggest country artists of the last ten to fifteen years. A lot of them are still getting played on country radio and scoring decently sized hits, but their numbers are abysmal. 

what i don't get is that her last two studio albums did decently well and they were not released before the streaming era... My Savior was released in March last year and did 73k? I think the marketing was to be blamed with this one.

1 minute ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

what i don't get is that her last two studio albums did decently well and they were not released before the streaming era... My Savior was released in March last year and did 73k? I think the marketing was to be blamed with this one.

It mostly is, no doubt. But also My Savior and My Gift (especially My Savior) were very specific albums that targeted a specific audience likely to purchase the album to add to their Christian/Holiday collection. As far as pop-country and mainstream country goes, the more time goes by, the worse it gets. No one’s checking for any of the new releases on streaming beyond Morgan Wallen and Luke Combs, and none of the biggest artists’ teams are doing anything as far as promo and marketing designed for streaming goes. So yes, marketing definitely hurt Denim & Rhinestones. It also didn’t help that they chose a song that sounded like a bad Cry Pretty leftover as the lead single. Again, the teams are absolutely clueless. :toofunny3:

7 minutes ago, 1989 said:

very specific albums that targeted a specific audience likely to purchase the album to add to their Christian/Holiday collection.

this makes sense. Should Carrie go the traditional Christian music route then? :jonny:

3 minutes ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

this makes sense. Should Carrie go the traditional Christian music route then? :jonny:

If she wants to pad her stats more and secure better chart success, yes. But personally I don’t want her to. :dies: I like the new album. :chick3:

It’s sad though, because I only listen to some of the female artists in country music, and their teams are dropping the ball so badly. Miranda’s in a slightly better position because she’s coming off of one of the biggest crossover hits for country in ages, but even she’s not doing amazing on her own. Carrie, Maren, Gabby, Kelsea, etc. have all had big hits in recent years, but beyond their core fanbase, they’re being left behind in streaming. A shame. :toofunny3:

Hold on, didn't Billboard wrote an article that BTS could have the chance to match Harry's numbers and one of a few artist that could do 500K?

On 6/14/2022 at 6:35 AM, Green said:

Gabby's album was certified platinum, not bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.