• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• ZIVERT

• RockStarShit101

• SavagePapi

RockStarShit101

didn't see it but did she really say that? she was unhappy to share it with shakira?

She knew Shakira would eat her up and did, so of course she was unhappy.

shakira-super.gif

another day on twitter lmfao, shakira is too beloved she can never lose there, even multiple viral tweets supporting her tax mess :ahh:

Shakira is having another career peak at the moment. She’s pretty much beloved by everyone especially because of what she’s going thru. jlo’s timing is terrible she set herself up to be dragged 

3 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Shakira is having another career peak at the moment. She’s pretty much beloved by everyone especially because of what she’s going thru. jlo’s timing is terrible she set herself up to be dragged 

Also this. Seems a little vindictive that as Shakira is going through a public breakup of 12+ year relationship, serial dater Jennifer Lopez is using Shakira’s name (again) for publicity for one of her projects :doc:

All the negative press surrounding that quote is just clickbait anyway. And people love to run with it. She never says she’s unhappy to share the stage with Shakira and there’s no bad mouthing Shakira in the doc either. She’s saying in the doc that both Shakira and her are deserving of their own HT slot.

But of course everyone loves to run with it.

Also; I remember most on ATRL also finding it shocking these girls didn’t get their own solo Halftime shows and had to co-headline. That’s what this is all about. All the artists that got to headline solo (and bring their own guests) in a 14 minute set. Yet, Shakira and J.Lo, two iconic global stars, had to co-headline, each doing with 6 minutes, while the next year a male got the solo slot again: The Weeknd. It’s as if the NFL thought two Latina’s were needed to do the job. 

You’d think they’d ask Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to co-headline? Hell no!

She's right, both deserved to headline the Halftime SOLO. 

2 minutes ago, insomniac said:

All the negative press surrounding that quote is just clickbait anyway. And people love to run with it. She never says she’s unhappy to share the stage with Shakira and there’s no bad mouthing Shakira in the doc either. She’s saying in the doc that both Shakira and her are deserving of their own HT slot.

But of course everyone loves to run with it.

Also; I remember most on ATRL also finding it shocking these girls didn’t get their own solo Halftime shows and had to co-headline. That’s what this is all about. All the artists that got to headline solo (and bring their own guests) in a 14 minute set. Yet, Shakira and J.Lo, two iconic global stars, had to co-headline, each doing with 6 minutes, while the next year a male got the solo slot again: The Weeknd. It’s as if the NFL thought two Latina’s were needed to do the job. 

You’d think they’d ask Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to co-headline? Hell no!

Does J Lo have enough well known hits to do it by herself though? Shakira definitely does but I can't think of any J Lo songs suitable for a 14 minute show other than On The Floor, Waiting for Tonight and JFTB

6 minutes ago, Teen Idle said:

Does J Lo have enough well known hits to do it by herself though? Shakira definitely does but I can't think of any J Lo songs suitable for a 14 minute show other than On The Floor, Waiting for Tonight and JFTB

I mean, JLo has more hits in the US than Shakira does and at the end of the day that is a North American event. Both could do it solo though, which is what Jen was getting at

Edited by MALAMENTE

8 minutes ago, Teen Idle said:

Of course she does. In addition to On The Floor, Waiting For Tonight, Jenny From The Block, she also has her classic Billboard hits If You Had My Love, I’m Real, All I Have, Love Don’t Cost A Thing, I’m Gonna Be Alright, Get Right. 

She could’ve done something with Booty and Ain’t Your Mama too if she wanted to. Or Play, or Ain’t It Funny. Maybe Dance Again.

Edited by insomniac

1 minute ago, MALAMENTE said:

I mean, JLo has more hits in the US than Shakira does and at the end of the day that is a North American event. Both could do it solo though, which is what Jen was getting at

Exactly!

Yall are idiots for letting the narrative run. All of yall dont know how to read and took what she said out of context 

9 minutes ago, Teen Idle said:

both shakira and jlo performed at least as many songs as katy so both are more than capable

Edited by EtherealCat

34 minutes ago, RockStarShit101 said:

didn't see it but did she really say that? she was unhappy to share it with shakira?

She said something like she wished she didn't have to share the stage cause it's been her dream to do superbowl. I mean, it could've been said better cause it did kinda sound a diss against Shakira.

RockStarShit101
6 minutes ago, ninetiesceline said:

She said something like she wished she didn't have to share the stage cause it's been her dream to do superbowl. I mean, it could've been said better cause it did kinda sound a diss against Shakira.

it was a diss against shakira, for sure

this giving mariah not wanting nicki on idol 

20 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

19 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Of course she does. In addition to On The Floor, Waiting For Tonight, Jenny From The Block, she also has her classic Billboard hits If You Had My Love, I’m Real, All I Have, Love Don’t Cost A Thing, I’m Gonna Be Alright, Get Right. 

She could’ve done something with Booty and Ain’t Your Mama too if she wanted to. Or Play, or Ain’t It Funny. Maybe Dance Again.

Fair enough :gaycat2: I'm not from the US so I'm not as familiar with J Lo's discography

It's not surprising that J.Lo was unhappy about sharing the stage with Shakira. She knew that Shakira would upstage her and she did. yBJD6Tg.mp4

Post superbowl growth:

Shakira

2.1 million — social media

+957% — downloads

221% — streams

Jlo

1.3 million — social media

+800% — downloads

149% — streams

11 minutes ago, ninetiesceline said:

No. She also didn’t say that. Fan fiction :rip:

3 minutes ago, RockStarShit101 said:

it was a diss against shakira, for sure

this giving mariah not wanting nicki on idol 

She did not say that, though. Ask @DRPapi809, he has seen the early preview of the film.

Also:

This has already been discussed here.

Not surprised to find some J.Lo haters here when this was discussed all day yesterday.

Everyday kids on Twitter continue to prove they're both brainless and gullible without reading articles in full and taking things out of context. What she said with her conversation with Shakira:

“We have six minutes. We have 30 seconds of a song, and if we take a minute, that’s it, we’ve got five left. But, there’s got to be certain songs that we sing, though. We have to have our singing moments. It’s not going to be a dance revue. We have to sing our message."

"If it was going to be a double headliner, they should have given us 20 minutes. That’s what they should’ve f------ done.”

Those who saw the doc said, J.Lo and Shakira were both absolutely amiable and respectful. She was upset with the NFL.

Others mentioned that the news media is making it into something that it was not with all their click bait, and that these people will feel silly when they actually see the doc. Ya'll are literally giving the media exactly what they want; pinning two women (WOC at that) against each other. But go awf I guess?

Edited by SavagePapi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.