J.Lo & Shakira discuss Super Bowl Halftime Show preparations in Netflix Halftime doc

insomniac

8 hours ago, Shelter said:

She wasted the SB anyway, no tour or anything after it. 

She had a single with Black Eyed Peas ready and announced a Live Nation global touring deal with shows to be announced, but then COVID happened. :(

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• SavagePapi

• Yudelkis

• Rican

11 hours ago, insomniac said:

They both need a solo one! 

2023: Jennifer Lopez

2024: Shakira

Or vice versa

Beyoncé did one solo and one co-headline, so who’s to say J.Lo and Shakira can’t do a solo now that they’ve co-headlined together.

Beyoncé wasn’t a Co-headliner in ‘16. She was a guest. That’s like saying DC Co-headlined her own show. 

10 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Well, Shakira is completely right :deadbanana:

Also I'm not sure I'm getting it, but Born In the USA seems like an odd choice for such statement? You're not immigrant if born in the USA...

You're really asking this question after 2 years? I assume you're not from the states.

The whole political portion was a stab at the Trump Administration's mishandling with migrant "kids in cages" at the border who barely had basic living essentials (soap, toothpaste, blankets, etc), and were separated from their families. And the "Born In The U.S.A." bit was his mishandling of the Hurricane Maria disaster in Puerto Rico where many felt the federal response was extremely slow for basic needs considering Puerto Rico is a territory of the U.S. It literally became a humanitarian crisis.

Trump also went to Puerto Rico, and downplayed their suffering and struggles by saying "it wasn't a real catastrophe like Hurricane Katrina", erroneously stating not that many people died (it was actually about 3000+), and later seen throwing paper towels into a crowd at some relief center that day. It left a bad taste. and many Puerto Ricans took offense to that because they felt like second class citizens.

Surprised you didn't get that. J.Lo's message was clear for all Latinos. It was discussed thoroughly after the performance.

8 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

Beyoncé wasn’t a Co-headliner in ‘16. She was a guest. That’s like saying DC Co-headlined her own show. 

Ok. Gotcha! So she was once a guest and once solo headliner. My bad. Iconic SB HT shows either way. Esp her solo show.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, Sergi91 said:

The NFL is dead wrong for having them share the stage at the SuperBowl and have a man the following year to headline all by himself :skull:

They had MJB, Kendrick, Eminem, Dre, Snoop and ¢50 perform together this year.

48 minutes ago, rac7d said:

They had MJB, Kendrick, Eminem, Dre, Snoop and ¢50 perform together this year.

Two wrongs don’t make a right 

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

Two wrongs don’t make a right 

Basically.

14 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

You're really asking this question after 2 years? I assume you're not from the states.

The whole political portion was a stab at the Trump Administration's mishandling with migrant "kids in cages" at the border who barely had basic living essentials (soap, toothpaste, blankets, etc), and were separated from their families. And the "Born In The U.S.A." bit was his mishandling of the Hurricane Maria disaster in Puerto Rico where many felt the federal response was extremely slow for basic needs considering Puerto Rico is a territory of the U.S. It literally became a humanitarian crisis.

Trump also went to Puerto Rico, and downplayed their suffering and struggles by saying "it wasn't a real catastrophe like Hurricane Katrina", erroneously stating not that many people died (it was actually about 3000+), and later seen throwing paper towels into a crowd at some relief center that day. It left a bad taste. and many Puerto Ricans took offense to that because they felt like second class citizens.

Surprised you didn't get that. J.Lo's message was clear for all Latinos. It was discussed thoroughly after the performance.

Oh, so it was about Puerto Rico only? That makes it perfect then tbh, I thought it was about overall Latino immigrants.

26 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Oh, so it was about Puerto Rico only? That makes it perfect then tbh, I thought it was about overall Latino immigrants.

Well, it was both; the immigrant kids at the border, and Puerto Rico. But not overall. It was basically a dig at the Trump Administration's actions and response towards Latinos in those years.

"At one point in the performance Emme Muñiz and some of the other children were in cage-like structures, a seeming nod to the controversial family separation policies that have become a part of the debate over immigration in the US." - CNN

But neither J.Lo nor Shakira took part in that portion. J.Lo's daughter was the one who took charge of the "kids in cages" bit before her mom joined her on stage to sing "Let's Get Loud" / "Born In The U.S.A" with the Puerto Rican flag. Shakira was seen playing the drums then joined J.Lo afterwards as they continued the show.

J.Lo made a statement about it on social media, “All I want my girls, the little girls on stage with me and all over the world to know is how to use their voices and be proud of everything they are. Other people can try to build walls, keep us out or put us in cages. We are proud to recognize that all of us together are what makes this beautiful country truly great.”

The way the overwhelming majority of twitter, shade room and Facebook are collectively dragging jlo over this comment. Like I cannot :rip:

She didn’t lie, they both good performers and can handle a Suberbowl Halftime show on their own. 

17 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Well, it was both; the immigrant kids at the border, and Puerto Rico. But not overall. It was basically a dig at the Trump Administration's actions and response towards Latinos in those years.

"At one point in the performance Emme Muñiz and some of the other children were in cage-like structures, a seeming nod to the controversial family separation policies that have become a part of the debate over immigration in the US." - CNN

But neither J.Lo nor Shakira took part in that portion. J.Lo's daughter was the one who took charge of the "kids in cages" bit before her mom joined her on stage to sing "Let's Get Loud" / "Born In The U.S.A" with the Puerto Rican flag. Shakira was seen playing the drums then joined J.Lo afterwards as they continued the show.

J.Lo made a statement about it on social media, “All I want my girls, the little girls on stage with me and all over the world to know is how to use their voices and be proud of everything they are. Other people can try to build walls, keep us out or put us in cages. We are proud to recognize that all of us together are what makes this beautiful country truly great.”

Then I'm lost again? Unless I'm missing something and BITUSA is about immigration, then it's not the right pick imo to accompany the statement (that I never questioned or oversaw btw).

1 hour ago, Jeremiah said:

Then I'm lost again? Unless I'm missing something and BITUSA is about immigration, then it's not the right pick imo to accompany the statement (that I never questioned or oversaw btw).

What part are you lost about?

6 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

What part are you lost about?

How is "Born In the USA" the song to address the immigration issue

1 minute ago, Jeremiah said:

It's not. I don't think you read what I wrote earlier today. They were two separate issues. "Born In The U.S.A." was addressing Trump's mishandling of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico hence the Puerto Rican / American flag. Puerto Rico is a U.S. Territory.

Many Puerto Ricans felt like second class citizens (still do) after the Hurricane disaster due to the extremely slow response of the federal govt., lack of basic supplies, essentials and power, etc. It was a major humanitarian crisis, and they continue to deal with the aftermath. Trump at the time downplayed their struggles, and so Puerto Rico felt disrespected and aliented.

Good read here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/02/nearly-everything-trump-just-said-about-puerto-rico-is-wrong/

J.Lo was basically saying, "Puerto Ricans are American too, Born in the USA. And telling all Latinos to "Get Loud". In other words, to be proud of where they came from.

They were addressing two separate issues that centered around Latinos in the U.S. (immigration at the border is a huge U.S. problem). Both issues were just woven together given the small amount of time they had.

17 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

Her Born in The USA  performance had no impact and was a non factor in society *hence* why she only she talks about it considering all the publications about the half time 2020 were not about that at all. Trump didn’t even acknowledge it like he did when Meryl Streep made a statement against him. Ya need to stop trying to make that performance a factor and it’s time to move on from Halftime 2020. She isn’t even a native born Hispanic like Shakira or me. :deadbanana:

13 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

It's not. I don't think you read what I wrote earlier today. They were two separate issues. "Born In The U.S.A." was addressing Trump's mishandling of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico hence the Puerto Rican / American flag. Puerto Rico is a U.S. Territory.

Many Puerto Ricans felt like second class citizens (still do) after the Hurricane disaster due to the extremely slow response of the federal govt., lack of basic supplies, essentials and power, etc. It was a major humanitarian crisis, and they continue to deal with the aftermath. Trump at the time downplayed their struggles, and so Puerto Rico felt disrespected and aliented.

Good read here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/02/nearly-everything-trump-just-said-about-puerto-rico-is-wrong/

J.Lo was basically saying, "Puerto Ricans are American too, Born in the USA. And telling all Latinos to "Get Loud". In other words, to be proud of where they came from.

They were addressing two separate issues that centered around Latinos in the U.S. (immigration at the border is a huge U.S. problem). Both issues were just woven together given the small amount of time they had.

The fan fiction :bibliahh:why are you trying to make it seem like the Born in The USA had some type of impact on society. Immigrant children are still in cages under the Biden administration and that administration has defended Trump’s remain in Mexico policy :deadbanana:

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/biden-administration-reimposes-remain-mexico-policy/story?id=82059354

2 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

The way the overwhelming majority of twitter, shade room and Facebook are collectively dragging jlo over this comment. Like I cannot :rip:

Because like I (a island born Rican) stated we’re tired about hearing about this darn Half Time show from 2

years ago that had zero impact on society, its been literally brought up every 2 weeks for the past 2

years and all the promo about that documentary has been center around that performance.

In the promos there has been no mention of her 50th Bday, Hustlers movie, her music career, her legacy, etc. only Shakira has been the selling point.  :gaycat6:

Just now, Rican said:

Her Born in The USA  performance had no impact and was a non factor in society *hence* why she only she talks about it considering all the publications about the half time 2020 were not about that at all. Trump didn’t even acknowledge it like he did when Meryl Streep made a statement against him. Ya need to stop trying to make that performance a factor and it’s time to move on from Halftime 2020. She isn’t even a native born Hispanic like Shakira or me. :deadbanana:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/03/entertainment/halftime-show-political/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/feb/03/jennifer-lopez-shakira-super-bowl-half-time-show-latino-political

https://www.newsweek.com/shakira-jennifer-lopezs-political-message-during-super-bowl-half-time-show-leaves-immigration-1485456

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/02/jennifer-lopez-and-shakira-2020-super-bowl-halftime-show

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7960637/J-Los-political-statement-immigration-Super-Bowl.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/super-bowl-halftime-jennifer-lopez-praised-subtle-immigration-statements-1275653/

And many more.

4 minutes ago, Rican said:

The fan fiction :bibliahh:why are you trying to make it seem like the Born in The USA had some type of impact on society. Immigrant children are still in cages under the Biden administration and that administration has defended Trump’s remain in Mexico policy :deadbanana:

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/biden-administration-reimposes-remain-mexico-policy/story?id=82059354

No where did I ever state that. It's giving worms for brains.

I'm not going back and forth with someone who can't have conversation like an adult or create a proper sentence. You're trolling and random outbursts is really starting to look embarrassing for you on this forum.

Let go of the J.Lo hate agenda you've been on as of late, and go make your time useful on someone you actually do like.

Just now, SavagePapi said:

What hate agenda? Ya going around parading that the Born in The USA performance was some type of life changing event when it was a total non factor that Trump himself didn’t even acknowledge and he acknowledge every critique about him.:doc: Nothing has change under Biden in regard to immigrant kids in cages.

Its time to move on from Super Bowl 2020 because it’s getting very weird, is that her only major accomplishment? This is that darn green dress all over again. We’re done with both!

Let us know when the Halftime documentary promo is about something not Shakira related.:gaycat6:

7 minutes ago, Rican said:

What hate agenda? Ya going around parading that the Born in The USA performance was some type of life changing event when it was a total non factor that Trump himself didn’t even acknowledge and he acknowledge every critique about him.:doc: Nothing has change under Biden in regard to immigrant kids in cages.

Its time to move on from Super Bowl 2020 because it’s getting very weird, is that her only major accomplishment? This is that darn green dress all over again. We’re done with both!

Let us know when the Halftime documentary promo is about something not Shakira related.:gaycat6:

It's getting weird. Nobody is forcing you to come into these threads and comment. You chose to be obsessed.

But since you clicked your heels in here perched, the "Halftime" doc surrounds her life and career heights at 50 years old. It is not just about the Super Bowl.

And I'll leave this here.

Screenshot-20220611-040853-Samsung-Inter

But screams in "not life changing". Like I said previously, you're a disgrace to our people. Payaso.

4 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

It's getting weird. Nobody is forcing you to come into these threads and comment. You chose to be obsessed.

But since you clicked your heels in here perched, the "Halftime" doc surrounds her life and career heights at 50 years old. It is not just about the Super Bowl.

And I'll leave this here.

Screenshot-20220611-040853-Samsung-Inter

But screams in "not life changing". Like I said previously, you're a disgrace to our people. Payaso.

A emotional moment does not mean impactful in 2022. 

Type in Jennifer Lopez on goggle.com  and all articles promoting that documentary from the Associated Press to Fox News to Billboard are about the Half Time show. Nothing about her other life events are being promoted. It’s embarrassing. 

Seriously, its about time that you, her fans and Jennifer Lopez move on from Half Time 2020. I have moved on and so has Shakira and her fans. :gaycat6:

6 hours ago, Rican said:

:dies: 

7 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

It’s not. BITUSA is about a  Vietnam vet returning home and use American pride statements ironically. Ppl just bastardize the title for declarations of American pride :dies:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.