J.Lo & Shakira discuss Super Bowl Halftime Show preparations in Netflix Halftime doc

insomniac

Remember when they made Britney present Beyonce in the middle of her vanguard award, is the same here, they needed the 2 to share the stage, to continue the narrative around beyonce. the difference Britney just dont care and seems to have like beyonce, Brit has 2 Diamond plaques pure album sales, multiple #1s debut etc nothing left to prove, but Jlo got bitter it seems.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• SavagePapi

• Yudelkis

• Rican

I can't wait to watch the documentary

I'm not big on the co-headliner narrative. It's not about them being latinas, the fact is neither of them have big enough success/enough hits in the states to justify being a solo headliner :cm: 

They co-operated and gave us THE best half time show. There's nothing wrong with sharing the stage with another icon.

33 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Remember when they made Britney present Beyonce in the middle of her vanguard award, is the same here, they needed the 2 to share the stage, to continue the narrative around beyonce. the difference Britney just dont care and seems to have like beyonce, Brit has 2 Diamond plaques pure album sales, multiple #1s debut etc nothing left to prove, but Jlo got bitter it seems.

Literally, apples to oranges. :skull:

8 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Literally, apples to oranges. :skull:

Not at all, Jay Z was clear, he wanned the 2 to co-headline, when everybody knows Jlo and Shakira have hits and longevity to headline solo, having the 2 in one slot was stupid.

20 minutes ago, Harrier said:

I'm not big on the co-headliner narrative. It's not about them being latinas, the fact is neither of them have big enough success/enough hits in the states to justify being a solo headliner :cm: 

They co-operated and gave us THE best half time show. There's nothing wrong with sharing the stage with another icon.

Let's not, they easily could've headlined their own 14 minute solo sets. Both Shakira and J.Lo, respectfully.

There's also a reason why a recent study showed both Gen Z and Millenials would pick J.Lo as one of their top artist to headline Super Bowl Halftime:

I'm just glad it all worked out, and two of my favorite acts were able to put on one of the greatest shows of all time :heart2:

They better have them back soon cause these last two halftimes weren’t good 

I agree that it was very strange to make these two perform together when each could have done it alone, especially Shakira with her resume and performance skills. It felt like a message was being sent that two Latin women were needed to equal one white superstar.

https://twitter.com/HiThisIsTess/status/1534935101334859777?s=20&t=TLhwNGWM64zBoh9pFKobPw

"I’m no JLo apologist, but in the film, she says she was unhappy that the NFL booked 2 official headliners but made them split the 13-minute time slot that’s usually allotted to one act. I’ve seen the doc multiple times and there is no Shakira slander" 

Edited by DRPapi809

The NFL is dead wrong for having them share the stage at the SuperBowl and have a man the following year to headline all by himself :skull:

30 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

The NFL is dead wrong for having them share the stage at the SuperBowl and have a man the following year to headline all by himself :skull:

Wait! I totally forgot about that!

I can't imagine how they felt when The Weeknd was announced as a headliner and as a solo. Doesn't seem right considering J.Lo & Shakira are literally icons.

It just futher proves her point.

7 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

I can't imagine how they felt when The Weeknd was announced as a headliner and as a solo. Doesn't seem right considering J.Lo & Shakira are literally icons.

At least it proved how wrong they were cause Abel was a snooooozzzzeeefest.

Shakira + JLO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4 minutes ago, Mick said:

At least it proved how wrong they were cause Abel was a snooooozzzzeeefest.

Shakira + JLO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They both need a solo one! 

2023: Jennifer Lopez

2024: Shakira

Or vice versa

Beyoncé did one solo and one co-headline, so who’s to say J.Lo and Shakira can’t do a solo now that they’ve co-headlined together.

2 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

And both years happened in Florida :skull:

16 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

And both years happened in Florida :skull:

A literal insult. First force Shakira & J.Lo, two Latin global pop icons, to co-headline and the following year provide The Weeknd with a solo slot. They would’ve never have Katy Perry & Lady Gaga co-headline. Maroon 5 and JT got solo too (JT brought Janet as guest).

22 minutes ago, insomniac said:

A literal insult. First force Shakira & J.Lo, two Latin global pop icons, to co-headline and the following year provide The Weeknd with a solo slot. They would’ve never have Katy Perry & Lady Gaga co-headline. Maroon 5 and JT got solo too (JT brought Janet as guest).

I believe Janet is the one who invited JT in 2004, and later in 2017 JT invited her but she declined. Your overall point still stands. 

1 minute ago, Sergi91 said:

I believe Janet is the one who invited JT in 2004, and later in 2017 JT invited her but she declined. Your overall point still stands. 

My bad. Just wanted to point out they never officially co-headlined and one of them was a guest. Thanks!

6 hours ago, tshwark said:

Pretty sure Britney wanted to do that. She clearly doesn’t like speeches. 

J Lo is bitter though. Loads of acts never got to headline solo. She was lucky she even got half the time when some only get to do 1 song. I think it made it better by having both up there. 

4 hours ago, DRPapi809 said:

https://twitter.com/HiThisIsTess/status/1534935101334859777?s=20&t=TLhwNGWM64zBoh9pFKobPw

"I’m no JLo apologist, but in the film, she says she was unhappy that the NFL booked 2 official headliners but made them split the 13-minute time slot that’s usually allotted to one act. I’ve seen the doc multiple times and there is no Shakira slander" 

Has she never seen the SB before. Yes some acts get solo but a lot don’t. Like J Lo could’ve only got what Mary J did this year yet she got to do a a good set. She wasted the SB anyway, no tour or anything after it. 

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

J Lo is bitter though. Loads of acts never got to headline solo. She was lucky she even got half the time when some only get to do 1 song. I think it made it better by having both up there. 

59 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Has she never seen the SB before. Yes some acts get solo but a lot don’t. Like J Lo could’ve only got what Mary J did this year yet she got to do a a good set. She wasted the SB anyway, no tour or anything after it. 

Ummmm... every act before her was the sole headliner since 2004.

Literally, it had been 16 years since we've seen more than one headliner (not including guests). Other artists like Michael Jackson & Diana Ross had their own show in the 90s as well. And you didn't expect her to question that when she was in talks with the NFL for a few years? You really need think about what you're saying before posting.

All that changed when Jay-Z was hired to lead the NFL's musical entertainment. And sure, it ended up working out, but don't call her bitter for feeling like it was unfair to do that to two iconic Latinas. That's all she was saying. She wasn't wrong.

11 hours ago, tshwark said:

britney is a sweetheart

jlo is a Leo ️ 

Edited by dirrtydiana
I feel bad for Abel having to follow this up

Well, Shakira is completely right :deadbanana:

Also I'm not sure I'm getting it, but Born In the USA seems like an odd choice for such statement? You're not immigrant if born in the USA...

do they deserve their own show? yes

was it insulting to not give them 20 mins? yes

was it historical and far better for both to have done it together? also yes

had they done it alone they would’ve just been another good sb. in the end they both benefited from this and banked thee best and most watched sb of all time together

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.