Kylie on winning Kylie™ for being Kylie

Junlin

19 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Can someone please explain why this is happening? All it said it she blocked Kylie Jenner from winning the trademark, not that Kylie Minogue actually won it. How someone who's not even American stop an American from seeking a trademark in her own country?

Kylie Jenner was trying to trademark "Kylie" (as far as I know) worldwide. That would mean someone like Kylie Minogue would have to PAY Kylie Jenner money to use her own name or she couldn't simply use it. She basically blocked Kylie Jenner from doing that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gugunikko

• ConceptD

• Misguided Ghost

• tiagol88

On 6/9/2022 at 6:36 AM, Aristide said:

Can someone please explain why this is happening? All it said it she blocked Kylie Jenner from winning the trademark, not that Kylie Minogue actually won it. How someone who's not even American stop an American from seeking a trademark in her own country?

https://www.worldipreview.com/news/kylie-minogue-opposes-kylie-jenner-trademark-application-9626

Here's the document Kylie M put in:

https://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=91226456&pty=OPP&eno=1

The three counts they are putting forward are: 

1. Priority

2. Likelihood of Confusion

3. Dilution

PRIORITY

• Kylie has been in the entertainment industry since 1979, and launched her first album titled “KYLIE” in 1988. Her eponymous album went gold in the United States, her global hit single “The Locomotion” reaching number three on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart;
  • Kylie’s 2002 hit album “Fever” also went gold in the United States, garnering her a Grammy Award for her highly successful single “Come Into My World.; 
  • Opposer owns the website “www.kylie.com”. This domain was registered on August 21, 1996, and has been operational since 1998, promoting a variety of goods, services, and charitable endeavors; 
  • Kylie is a breast cancer survivor, whose public health crisis and activism for increased research and public awareness has produced what has been called “The Kylie Effect,” in spurring early detection among young women worldwide."

----------------I.e. She's come before Jenner, and this should prioritise Minogue's brands. There's more reasons here but I couldn't be bothered to get it all.

LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION

• Applicant’s Mark is likely to be confused with and mistaken for Opposer’s goods and services developed and marketed under Opposer’s Marks, because Applicant’s “KYLIE” mark is confusingly similar in sight and sound to Opposer’s Marks; 
  • Upon information and belief, Applicant’s target customer and consumer base for its services overlaps with the customers and consumers of Opposer’s goods and services; 
  • Any defect, objection to, or fault found with Applicant’s services marketed under Applicant’s Mark, would necessarily reflect on and seriously injure the reputation that Opposer has established for its premium and famous goods and services.

------------I.e. They are too close peer (brands) both being in the entertainment industry.

DILUTION

• Registration of Applicant’s Mark will also injure Opposer by causing a likelihood of dilution, through blurring and tarnishment, of the distinctive quality of Opposer’s Marks

-----------I.e. The result will dilute and tarnish Minogue's businesses. 

On 6/9/2022 at 2:26 AM, gugunikko said:

Literally no one know this kylie aside from gays in the 40s and some European countries. 

ariana-grande-what-about-it.gif

OT: The superior and more talented Kylie™ as always :gayliecat1:

6ya201b.gif

On 6/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

Let me stream "Promises" real quick :clap3:

Taste.

giphy.gif

OT: The one and only Kylie. :clap3:

LEGEND 

The superior Kylie :worship2::clap3:

These lines from the court filing are still iconic :deadbanana4:

17. Ms. Jenner is a secondary reality television personality who appeared on the television series “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” as a supporting character, to Ms. Jenner’s half-sisters, Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian (i.e., the Kardashians).

18. Ms. Jenner is active on social media where her photographic exhibitionism and controversial posts have drawn criticism from, e.g., the Disability Rights and African-American communities.

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Espresso said:

These lines from the court filing are still iconic :deadbanana4:

17. Ms. Jenner is a secondary reality television personality who appeared on the television series “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” as a supporting character, to Ms. Jenner’s half-sisters, Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian (i.e., the Kardashians).

18. Ms. Jenner is active on social media where her photographic exhibitionism and controversial posts have drawn criticism from, e.g., the Disability Rights and African-American communities.

Not her photographic exhibitionism :rip:

On 6/9/2022 at 4:26 AM, gugunikko said:

Literally no one know this kylie aside from gays in the 40s and some European countries. 

Yet Jenner couldn’t even have a successful reality show under her name without her sisters and her make up brand struggled to stay afloat once the influencer hype died. 

She’s easily the least cared about out of the family now she couldn’t even touch Kylie at her flop status in the 90’s, she still had the fame. 

5 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Yet Jenner couldn’t even have a successful reality show under her name without her sisters and her make up brand struggled to stay afloat once the influencer hype died. 

She’s easily the least cared about out of the family now she couldn’t even touch Kylie at her flop status in the 90’s, she still had the fame. 

You can ask anyone in real word which kylie they know and they will say Jenner not the other 

No one outside US knows who Jenner is. :skull: Kim is the only relevant Kardashian worldwide. 

1 hour ago, gugunikko said:

You can ask anyone in real word which kylie they know and they will say Jenner not the other 

Now, try to reply to what he actually said. :lakitu:

4 hours ago, gugunikko said:

Being infamous is not the same as being famous.

One will secure you a trademark, the other will not. 

Edited by gloamingtheplain

• ATRL Moderator
On 6/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, gugunikko said:

One of my high school students I work with is named Kylie and her parents named her after Miss Minogue.

the chocolate chanteuse won6ya201b.gif

Edited by Bussea

She is such an underrated artist. Her catalogue is really impressive. Not many artists have as diverse discography as her.

Kylie™. The only Kylie that will ever matter.

6ya201b.gif

Edited by C_Colstead

4 hours ago, khalyan said:

One of my high school students I work with is named Kylie and her parents named her after Miss Minogue.

You were in high school when? 1995?

6 minutes ago, gugunikko said:

You were in high school when? 1995?

Reading comprehension, one of the students khalyan works with

1 minute ago, loliza said:

One of students they worked with in 1995?

On 6/8/2022 at 2:13 PM, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Both Kylies should do a duet

One does not have any talent at all.

8 hours ago, loliza said:

Stanning someone like Kylie Kardashian would make anyone lack reading comprehension.

Good to see that justice was served for Queen Kylie™. Ms. Jenner's stans can seethe, I guess...

6ya201b.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.