90 U.S. Olympic gymnasts sue FBI for $1 Billion for failures in Larry Nassar scandal

Espresso

Hope they get something, but I'm not sure how far this'll go. I mean, government agencies can't lock someone up or "stop" them from committing a crime unless they're caught in the act of said crime or there's a bunch of evidence. Once they gathered the evidence, this man was arrested and went to trial. That's just how the system works.

Didn't Judge Reva Goetz say the Feds have endless resources?

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Bang Up said:

Hope they get something, but I'm not sure how far this'll go. I mean, government agencies can't lock someone up or "stop" them from committing a crime unless they're caught in the act of said crime or there's a bunch of evidence. Once they gathered the evidence, this man was arrested and went to trial. That's just how the system works.

The FBI just settled $127 million to the families of Parkland for failing to act on tips that the shooter had violence issues.  That parallels closely to what happened here.  The FBI was given tips nearly two years before something finally happened to Nassar and outside of dozens of testimonies from minors detailing their sexual assault, I'm not sure what other "evidence" is needed before some action is taken.  The FBI failed miserably here.  

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

The FBI just settled $127 million to the families of Parkland for failing to act on tips that the shooter had violence issues.  That parallels closely to what happened here.  The FBI was given tips nearly two years before something finally happened to Nassar and outside of dozens of testimonies from minors detailing their sexual assault, I'm not sure what other "evidence" is needed before some action is taken.  The FBI failed miserably here.  

Thanks for this. I didn't feel like looking for receipts. :coffee2: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.