SF DA Chesa Boudin Recalled

ClashAndBurn

1 hour ago, Communion said:

So to reiterate: when someone's only felony charge is related to the possession and consumption of drugs and other non-violent crimes like "residential burglary", you believe then the 2nd commitment of a felony charge, despite also being non-violent and 10 years apart and only occurred due to their felon status should...

I already answered this 

6 hours ago, Raver said:

A felon caught with meth and a handgun? Yes, Lock him up! 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Raver

• Bosque

• Horizon Flame

27 minutes ago, Raver said:

I already answered this 

Yes, I'm asking you recognize that recalling Gascon would not have prevented this because treating non-violent crime (possession of a gun) as a violent crime was policy before him yet they still let those who behave in jail out on early release, like this man would have been.

15 minutes ago, Communion said:

Yes, I'm asking you recognize that recalling Gascon would not have prevented this because treating non-violent crime (possession of a gun) as a violent crime was policy before him yet they still let those who behave in jail out on early release, like this man would have been.

We are recalling him NOW. His policies don’t work and people are fed up.

You don’t know if that felon would have behaved in prison to be let out early so cut the crap. What we do know is that he was given a slap on the wrist with probation rather than receiving the 3 years in prison he should have received. Now two police officers are dead thanks to gascon’s soft on crime policies. 

7 minutes ago, Raver said:

His policies don’t work

7 minutes ago, Raver said:

You don’t know. 

Again, the policy you're advocating for would have resulted in early release, as it was the previous standard before Gascon. Someone with no violent crimes on their record and a decade between a felony burglary and felony drug possession would be seen as a waste of resources and tax dollars in a jail cell, even by regular prosecutors.

I don't know why you refuse to acknowledge basic facts. I get it's maybe hard for you to see progressive reforms and politics work given how crime has dropped in our lifetime and we live now in the safest period we have ever as Americans, but framing your desire for a return to brute-force punitive justice (that has been proven as not working) as some moral crusade against a specific actor doesn't work if it can so easily be disproven.

You'd be better off just being honest that, just as San Francisco residents simply hated the existence of the homeless, you find drug usage deprave and drug users a menace to society, and that the state's resources, in your eyes, are best spent rounding up drug users rather than using such funds for solving violent crime, because that is what you're asking for.

Edited by Communion

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

You'd be better off just being honest that, just as San Francisco residents simply hated the existence of the homeless, you find drug usage deprave and drug users a menace to society, and that the state's resources, in your eyes, are best spent rounding up drug users rather than using such funds for solving violent crime, because that is what you're asking for.

I literally have said throughout this thread to LOCK THEM UP. I’ve been honest while you have been defending a violent crack head who beat on his wife and shot two police officers. 

2 minutes ago, Raver said:

I literally have said throughout this thread to LOCK THEM UP.

No, you keep trying to frame your issue as with violent crime - but the person you're advocating to have been given a longer sentence had not committed any violent crime.

You're framing your issue as having to do with two dead police officers (why did police respond to a domestic incident with firing their guns that also resulted in the killing of a civilian?), but the policy reversal you want would not have prevented Flores from being free as of June 2022. Parole in California often ranges from 50-66% of their sentence completed - by June 2022, Flores would have had already completed 85% of his 32-month sentence.

14 minutes ago, Raver said:

crack head

Being a drug addict is not inherently criminal nor does it mean police have the right to kill you. 

14 minutes ago, Raver said:

beat on his wife

You cannot run a justice system on the prediction that someone who has never committed violent crime will commit violent crime based on demographic and personal characteristics. You're advocating for broken windows policing but like.... with actual literal people instead of cars. Cause that's your issue - the type of people lol.

In fact, Gascon literally has brought charges in more felony cases this his predecessor:

R48Is7U.png

So again, you don't actually care that two cops died - or that two cops killed someone - nor that there's some eerie sense of danger in LA county due to a lack of prosecutions because... there's not lol.

You clearly just think drug addicts are bad people and should be treated akin to serial killers and are disingenuously using a case where cracks long embedded in the system (only now being fixed) failed (why was someone high on meth each time arrested not given resources to get clean?) to rally against "crackheads". :toofunny3:

LA County just overwhelming voted for reformists so you might be fuming for the long haul:

22 minutes ago, Communion said:

You clearly just think drug addicts are bad people and should be treated akin to serial killers and are disingenuously using a case where cracks long embedded in the system (only now being fixed) failed (why was someone high on meth each time arrested not given resources to get clean?) to rally against "crackheads". :toofunny3:

LOCK THEM UP.

22 minutes ago, Communion said:

LA County just overwhelming voted for reformists so you might be fuming for the long haul:

Ok and the recall has over half a million signatures and that number will keep on growing. Boudin getting recalled tease :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.