SF DA Chesa Boudin Recalled

ClashAndBurn

The cops refusing to do their jobs and blaming a reformist, along with conservatives smearing him as a terrorist because of whom his parents were truly paid off I guess. :juanny:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Raver

• Bosque

• XAMJ

Top Posters In This Topic

San Francisco rarely fails to disappoint. 

Oh wow :eek:

LA take notes & get rid of Gascon next! 

Edited by Raver

10 minutes ago, Raver said:

Oh wow :eek:

LA take notes & get rid of Gascon next! 

Gascon will never be recalled. 

snd thank god for that, a DA with common sense 

Edited by XAMJ

I had a strong feeling it was gonna end this way. Since last year everyone working against Boudin has been really unfortunately successful at turning every issue against him especially as of last year, seeing people who live in the city or nearby being against him and turning to more conservative viewpoints and backing London Breed's strong desire to "crack down on crime" or whatever.

There was an op-ed in I think NYT that did a great explanation of why the blame was incorrectly shifted to him. Wish I could have floated it around more strongly but alas bad timing and the Dem elite are too powerful in California/SF :/

He did nothing to stop anti-Asian hate crimes in my city, even as we felt increasingly unsafe and unwelcome. Bye-bye! :celestial3:

Wow. All of the crime in SF has suddenly stopped and curiously the panic will not be on the news anymore after they got what they wanted.

15 minutes ago, Jotham said:

He did nothing to stop anti-Asian hate crimes in my city, even as we felt increasingly unsafe and unwelcome. Bye-bye! :celestial3:

I didn’t know Chesa Boudin was chief of the SFPD that refused to do their jobs in protest against criminal justice reform! Huh! TIL!

The suburban backlash of people who were told their property values matter more than fair housing and healthcarenfor all. Dems think this will be good because it harms progressives but the red wave will be crushing in 2022 and us progressives will not be running to save the day. 

Rich people are a disease. 

Weird bc SF feels safer and cleaner than it did in 2018-2020.  It’s still gross in some areas, but it was like that for decades.

People want change overnight to endemic problems. Taking down scapegoats expecting to get there is way too easy and is ages old in politics. Much like qualified immunity in policing, NIMBY in housing has been a bedrock in American culture for decades. You don't break the fraternal orders though many have tried, and you don't change the culture on property values though many have tried. Specifically among rich neoliberals, who've managed to fly under the radar recently while alt-right fascists hog a lot of the attention. Rinse, wash, repeat. 

I have former relatives from SF. When most of the culture starting dying with the Y2K boom as no one could afford anything anymore, they left - saw it coming early. Around 2004 I think. Parts will always be treasured and that's fine but they say they generally don't recognize it anymore - it's sad. Good luck to them.

Great :clap3: It's what he deserves. Not people blaming this on propaganda :rip:

2 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

He is pure evil just like his parents. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesa_Boudin#Criticism

2 hours ago, Dephira said:

Great :clap3: It's what he deserves. Not people blaming this on propaganda :rip:

Two right-wing reactionaries who often post Republican talking points supporting this has now convinced me even more Boudin's policies wee good. 

9 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I didn’t know Chesa Boudin was chief of the SFPD that refused to do their jobs in protest against criminal justice reform! Huh! TIL!

Why are you randomly deflecting to talking about the chief of SFPD? The point still stands that Boudin was extremely out-of-touch with minorities in SF and has downplayed the racist motives behind anti-Asian crimes. Take the murder of Vicha Ratanapakdee for instance:

Ratanapakdee's family has expressed the belief that the death was motivated by racism.[1] Ratanapakdee's death took place in the context of what some describe as a broader wave of racially motivated attacks and violences on Asian-Americans in the Bay Area and other parts of the nation.[9] Some authors have mentioned tensions between African-Americans and Asian-Americans as a result of this case and several others.[10][11]

The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a warning to all Thais living in the United States to be alert against racially motivated hate crimes.[12]

San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin called the crime "heinous" but thought, according to the evidence, that the attack wasn't racially motivated, stating that "the defendant was in some sort of a temper tantrum."[13] The family of Ratanapakdee expressed outrage over the characterization of the attack as a "temper tantrum", finding the comments to be disheartening and inappropriate for the severity of the crime.[14][15][16] Boudin later clarified his comments, stating that he was referring to the perpetrator's conduct before the crime.[15][17] According to the family, Boudin had planned to participate in a vigil for Ratanapakdee, but did not show up after the family told him they were not interested in taking pictures or videos with him.[18]

2 hours ago, Dephira said:

It's their go-to tactic when things don't turn out well for them. Instead of navigating their own problems and figuring out how to better serve minority communities, they turn to widespread (and problematic) accusations that voters are uneducated or brainwashed by "Democratic propaganda."

The mayor who is boycotting pride started this? And liberals are rejoicing? :deadbanana2: liberals are mentally sick

10 hours ago, Jotham said:

Jail more people!! They cry! Jail the homeless they scream! 

Hell is the only place for people foaming at the mouth to throw more people in jail. And honestly idiotic. The want to burn tax money by throwing it to the pigs. :jonny2:

Edited by A Bomb

57 minutes ago, Communion said:

Two right-wing reactionaries who often post Republican talking points supporting this has now convinced me even more Boudin's policies wee good. 

So you're supporting a man whose policies directly led to the closing of many shops in San Francisco that both served and employed especially the low-income population of the city? Pretty shocking to see an ATRL user profess so openly to hating the poor 

Edited by Dephira

53 minutes ago, Dephira said:

So you're supporting a man whose policies directly led to the closing of many shops in San Francisco that both served and employed especially the low-income population of the city? Pretty shocking to see an ATRL user profess so openly to hating the poor 

You wanting us to believe Prada having to board up its windows somehow impacts the poor, and somehow the DA is to blame for thr homeless people Prada boarded up their windows over and not the cops who stole $200m from the social housing budget :ahh:

Some of you would gleefully murder homeless people if told it was legal :ahh:

The right-wing liberal mayor who’s boycotting the gay pride and the tech billionaires got what they wanted, I guess.

People stop pretending to care about progressive ideology when they feel like crime is going up so not surprising this happened. An easy scapegoat :giraffe:

6 hours ago, Communion said:

You wanting us to believe Prada having to board up its windows somehow impacts the poor, and somehow the DA is to blame for thr homeless people Prada boarded up their windows over and not the cops who stole $200m from the social housing budget :ahh:

Some of you would gleefully murder homeless people if told it was legal :ahh:

Oh wow, you chose to completely ignore even the headline of the article I posted which was about Walgreens in order to ramble about some irrelevant nonsense regarding "Prada", a store I never once mentioned nor that was ever mentioned in the article I posted? I'm truly shocked that you would post erratic strawmen instead of engaging with arguments on any serious level. 

10 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Oh wow, you chose to completely ignore even the headline of the article I posted 

No, I chose to call-out the text you wrote: "the closing of many shops"

The vast majority of "shops" impacted by homelessness are not drug stores; the vast majority of complaints are coming from high-income residents and high-end, luxury establishments operating out of San Francisco. 

You trying to use stories of a Walgreens is no different than typical copaganda - which is not shocking given you spend your time on a pop forum thinking an edgy Republican persona somehow is convincing anyone of anything - and again goes back to what I wrote, that the issue was not Boudin's policies but right-wing Democrats like Breed gutting the affordable housing projects and thuggish police who need their six-figure salaries chopped.

Maybe you rather listen to crooked cops, right-wing Dems and business owners complain about the alleged destruction of San Francisco, but those of us who don't view the homeless as vermin prefer facts:

Breed literally increased the police budget last year - why did they have an arrest rate of 8% in 2021?

And even with a horrific crime force actively trying to sabotage progressive criminal justice reforms, crime has literally fallen under Chesa within San Francisco, including areas far-right Democrats and reactionaries claim are "drug and crime-ridden" because of the ever-expanding homeless population:

Wanna know where real crime is thriving? Sex crimes were literally not being solved because SFPD told victims that cops had the right to use their rape kits as a form of DNA and put it in their database, then later arresting rape victims for things like petty theft with their rape kit DNA - a policy that only ended due to Boudin:

Maybe instead of having a six-figure PR department, they should be solving crime:

I know it ******* kills you that you don't get to gulag every single homeless person and would probably eagerly participate in a genocide of the unhoused if it meant Democrats passing even more tax breaks for things like property owners and other affluent elites, but your propaganda is not true, no matter how many corrupt politicians and crooked cops you pay to parrot your lies and calls for genocide.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.