• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• madonnas

• Reverie

• Ace Reject

I don't hate Easy On Me just don't love it either

Sorry about Can I Get It but even tho it remains sonically interesting I don't like any of the parts themselves anyways

Yeah Goldwing is cool but nobody deemed it worthy of a 10 either 

Strangers By Nature is also pretty lovely 

Can I Get It and Lost Cause deserved better scorrs :biblio:

3 hours ago, supaspaz said:

9UwOaH9.png

WOMAN LIKE ME

Average score: 6.58

High score: 10 (@supaspaz@ultraviolence.xx, @Ewan Chaos, @BnPac)

Low score: (@MP2K, @creativity.)

One of the new producers that Adele worked with for 30 is Inflo, a North London R&B musician who is also a member of the collective Sault and Little Simz’s primarily creative collaborator. On their handful of tracks together, he pushes Adele firmly back into the Black music traditions she has drifted away from since her debut, particularly on this moody takedown of an ex. Directed at an unknown paramour whom she dated after her separation, the searing lyrics drag him for blowing his opportunity to be with a “Woman Like Me” by never fully committing to their relationship.

Best bit: “Don’t think you quite understand who you have on your hands/How can you not see just how good for you I am?”

ATRL says...: “It is good, god, it is so good,” @BnPac raved. “The deliberate refusal to follow the melody's time in the back when she sings during the first verse. The haunting feeling. It just works!” @Ewan Chaos agreed that “this ‘cup of coffee in the morning on your porch guitar strumming’ Emily King-style song is TOTALLY my **** and suits her.” But @madonnas thought “she would have been better off making this song a cover of Little Mix featuring Nicki Minaj.” And @creativity. complained that “every song is 2 minutes too long because she just HAS to stretch out every note.”

Now this is just wrong. 

Can I get It deserved better but I am not surprised people couldn't get it. 

4 hours ago, supaspaz said:

2AG0KB8.png

MALE FANTASY

Average score: 6.43

High score: 10 (@ultraviolence.xx, @Born to Run)

Low score: (@Insanity@creativity.)

The final track on Happier Than Ever is a minimalist curio, opening with a dissection of the inherent flaws of *****graphy before shifting into a more conventional ballad about the stasis of heartbreak. Ultimately ending the album on a hopeful note (“I know I should, but I could never hate you”), its wispy acoustic aura makes for a gorgeous listen, even if the message doesn’t entirely hold together. “Male Fantasy” was released as the seventh single of the era, but made minimal impact, peaking at #2 on the bubbling under chart.

Best bit: the exquisite falsetto of “‘Cause I loved you then and I love you now”

ATRL says...: “Not really needed musically, but I appreciate the message of the song,” @madonnas said.

Her best song out this early? Smh 

9 hours ago, supaspaz said:

nlXTKiJ.png

LOVE IS A GAME

Average score: 6.70

High score: 10 (@Taemira)

Low score: (@madonnas)

Sweeping, sentimental, shamelessly indulgent at nearly seven minutes, the final track from the standard edition of 30 sends the album off on a gloriously retro wall of sound as Adele bemoans that “Love Is a Game” for fools before finally conceding that she’ll “do it all again/I love it now like I loved it then.” She told interviewers that she imagined it as the song that should have soundtracked the end of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which was playing in the studio when she recorded it.

Best bit: the echoing background vocals of the second verse (and beyond) give Adele her own doo-*** girl group

ATRL says...: “Now this is done well,” @BnPac stated.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Whoever rated it this low, I just wanna talk

azealia-banks-fendidoja.gif

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, Reverie said:

How do I keep missing these updates!

I've been missing you!

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, BnPac said:

Now this is just wrong. 

This crew of voters was generally not a fan of ballads.

16 hours ago, madonnas said:

I get why people hated it because it’s super corny. Imagine this song (and OMG) with deep house, or hell, even tacky EDM from 2017 instrumentals.  They would be hits!! 

I can literqlly hear the Pitbull version of this song blasting at every shitty club in an alternate universe

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, wish said:

Erm y'all really massacred the HTE ballads :bibliahh: jesus

Title track better pray

positions-tanked.thumb.gif.1959401779fbc

Adele, what's up?

positions-tanked.thumb.gif.1959401779fbc

6 hours ago, wish said:

Erm y'all really massacred the HTE ballads :bibliahh: jesus

Not Billie quickly dropping a ballad EP right after the eliminations, she‘s lurking this rate and has had enough with the tastelessness :giraffe:

• ATRL Moderator

My first on time.

• ATRL Moderator

Fantastic! The first elimination today is major, so glad you can be around for it.

Sure!

:gaycat:

• ATRL Moderator

OlyjpnR.png

DRIVERS LICENSE

Average score: 6.73

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @MP2K)

Low score: (@Ewan Chaos, @creativity.)

Now this is just a troll move. “Drivers License” was a once-in-a-generation launch into pop superstardom for a new artist, immediately generating massive success (it debuted at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and stayed there for eight weeks, unprecedented for a first single, while topping the charts in two dozen other countries), earning widespread acclaim (it won the Grammy for Best Pop Solo Performance, alongside nominations for Record and Song of the Year) and genuinely capturing the zeitgeist (suddenly we all know who Joshua Bassett is?!). Not to mention, the song is, quite simply, a total banger – a universally relatable cry of melodramatic teenage anguish, with a perfect singalong chorus. Put some respect on Olivia Rodrigo’s name.

Best bit: that instantly iconic bridge, which Billboard soon recognized as one of the greatest of the 21st century

ATRL says...: “Takes waaaay too long to get to the good part, and by then I’m already over it,” @madonnas snipped. @Ewan Chaos “had a slightly higher opinion of this song when it came out because it was fun to have a new hit from a new artist, but I think I always hated the song nn. Her use of cursing in the chorus, while better than someone super cringy like Melanie Martinez, is still so silly to me. Which is funny because it works fine on other songs. Also, her voice is terrible on this.” @BnPac “expected this to be awful, but it's ok.” She added that she does not like how the song ends. “I felt that way about few songs on her album. They always end on a low note even when they call for a more explosive ending.”

2F223849-21EC-4D36-9A57-0B9CB4909E1D.gif

It's no my favorite song on Sour but it definitely deserved a better average :biblionny:

Edited by Norte

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Ewan Chaos said:

2F223849-21EC-4D36-9A57-0B9CB4909E1D.gif

You won. Talent lost.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.