Potato Wars (Food Wars Saga Part 1): WINNER REVEALED as Fries! (pg. 10)

Euterpe

k2RKoSx.png

W E L C O M E

Are You Ready to Get Mashed, Smashed, and Broiled?

The Potato Wars Are Here

What Is It?

The potato wars are a round robin tournament of potato versus potato where YOU debate.

How Does It Work?

Every Monday, a round will be posted about which two potatoes will be against each other. Then you will have 24 hours to debate

in the thread, trying to convince other people why they should vote for the potato you are promoting. On Tuesday, the link to the

Google survey will be posted. On Wednesday, the results are posted and another round will be posted, then a 24 debate. On

Thursday, the survey will be posted. Then, because I am basically on from mobile after that, I will be posting those results on

Monday, and the process above repeats throughout the round robin.

Who Are the Players?

Meet the Contestants

Xko1qj7.png 

Can I Win Anything?

Interesting you asked, because there IS a draft. If you want to pick who you think is the winner, you must do it between today and

tomorrow’s poll/survey posting. You can send me a message on Discord (if you already have it for me) or on ATRL. If you win, there

is only an optional prize. Optional as in you can choose whether you want it or just care about bragging rights. The prize is being in a

chat with me and the other draft winners to decide what the next category of the food wars saga is. If you don’t care about that,

feel free to brag about your winning potato as the prize. Live your best potato life!

The first round will be posted momentarily.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Euterpe

• Remmy

• Staryu

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 1, Part 1: Raw vs Boiled

Debate / Poll / Results

Round 1, Part 2: Mashed vs Scalloped

Debate / Poll / Results

Round 1, Part 3: Hasselback vs Fondant

Debate / Poll / Results

Round 1, Part 4: Hash Browns vs Baked

Debate / Poll / Results

Round 1, Part 5: Fries vs Roasted

Debate / Poll / Results

Round 1, Part 6: Tator Tots vs Grilled

Debate / Poll / Results

Round 2, Part 1: Mashed vs Hasselback

Debate / Poll / Results

Round 2, Part 2: Hash Browns vs Tator Tots

Debate / Poll / Results

Round 2, Part 3: Raw vs Fries (winner automatic to the finals)

Debate / Poll / Results

Semifinals: Mashed vs Tator Tots

Debate / Poll / Results

Finals: Fries vs Mashed

Debate / Poll / FINALS Results

ROUND 1, PART 1

RAW VS BOILED

idsXE5w.png

I think people should choose raw. First of all, many of the people on ATRL are gay men, and from what I've gathered on Grindr, gay men love things raw. Second of all, you can replant a raw potato and get a potato plant, which you can't do with a boiled potato. Third, from a raw potato you can cook anything. It's the baseline. Boiled potatoes are already cooked so your options are limited. In conclusion, boiled potatoes are fat after flop

#TeamMashed

2 minutes ago, ATRL Username said:

I think people should choose raw. First of all, many of the people on ATRL are gay men, and from what I've gathered on Grindr, gay men love things raw. Second of all, you can replant a raw potato and get a potato plant, which you can't do with a boiled potato. Third, from a raw potato you can cook anything. It's the baseline. Boiled potatoes are already cooked so your options are limited. In conclusion, boiled potatoes are fat after flop

I’m going to have to agree with you on this. Quite frankly anybody who stands on the side of boiled is a sadist… have you seen those videos of lobsters who are put in boiling water, and how they try to desperately claw their way out? How can people not think potatoes feel that same way and want to climb out but can’t, as they have no limbs? Horrific honestly. 

183258543-56a80f7f5f9b58b7d0f049a4.jpg

Raw can be used to make arts and crafts which encourages creativity and expression!

1 minute ago, touya kinomoto said:

#TeamMashed

That’s right :clap3: mashed smashing already, an icon 

anyhow, for this round, i'm #TeamBoiled. raw potatoes are hard. it will damage your teeth. also i really don't like raw potatoes. they remind me of my ex-boyfriend's balls, brown and dirty.

I love raw music like Ava Max discography x so #TeamRaw

Also boiled potatoes can hurt you with their boiled water or boiled bodies, they are evil, why would you prefer them? Are you masochistic? Do you like to hurt yourself? 

One thing in favor of boiled, you have to boil the potatoes to make MASHED potatoes :dancehall: but I still prefer it raw 

19 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

idsXE5w.png

Tbh looking at this, raw really said yas to melanin… boiled is serving “it’s a preference!” :biblio:

#TeamRaw

Raw potatoes typically have a bitter taste and starchy texture that’s unappealing to many.

Raw potatoes are loaded with resistant starch, a type of starch that your body doesn’t digest or absorb. 

Raw potatoes are more likely to cause digestive issues and may contain more antinutrients and harmful compounds.

Potatoes contain glycoalkaloids, which are formed through sunlight exposure and can be toxic to health in high amounts.

According to one test-tube study, boiling, baking and microwaving potatoes can substantially reduce the total concentration of glycoalkaloids

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/raw-potatoes

Raw potatoes lichrally a threat to society

25 minutes ago, hofork said:

183258543-56a80f7f5f9b58b7d0f049a4.jpg

Raw can be used to make arts and crafts which encourages creativity and expression!

this art is fckin ugly. the sabotage.

...mashed potatoes are freaking disgusting idc CsFAUU0.gif

#TeamRoasted

Man is left blind after thugs tossed a POTATO at him while he was riding an e-scooter with friends

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10848517/Trigg-Perth-Man-left-permanently-blind-thugs-hurled-potato-rode-e-scooter.html

now we know damn well a nice soft boiled potato couldn't have done this hmmm. Raw potatoes need to be locked UP!!!

8 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Raw potatoes typically have a bitter taste and starchy texture that’s unappealing to many.

Sorry to #TeamBoiled who can only think with their mouths but this debate is more about identity than taste in my professional opinion :biblio: a raw potato is a beautiful, natural potato. Raw potatoes were born this way. No potato should feel they have to conform to the culinary world’s standards and try to fit in by being boiled… potatoes should be allowed to be proud and raw. Truly, boiling is the conversion therapy of the potato world. How can #TeamBoiled support that? Let’s have that discussion! :celestial5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.