Germany introduces unlimited train/bus travelling for 9 eur/month

Chemist

On 6/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, arceus said:

9 Euro Ticket for the whole Germany? Who will pay for that? 

That's cheap af, why wouldn't someone pay for that?  

33 minutes ago, Robert said:

9 Euro Ticket for the whole Germany? Who will pay for that? 

People that travel most days, say 20 days a month and they travel to their destination and back, so 40 trips at about 0.23 Euro each way. Who wouldn't pay 9 Euro for that at a time when the EU is trying to reduce Russian oil consumption and emissions?

3 hours ago, Archetype said:

That's cheap af, why wouldn't someone pay for that?  

3 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

People that travel most days, say 20 days a month and they travel to their destination and back, so 40 trips at about 0.23 Euro each way. Who wouldn't pay 9 Euro for that at a time when the EU is trying to reduce Russian oil consumption and emissions?

What I meant is tax payers pay for that ****. :hoetenks: 

I saw this as unnecessary spending because people who work using public transportation either already have their own ticket or the company they work for already gave them it too.

And the fact they offer this in the summer months where people usually go on holiday makes it even more clear that people use it not to go to work but for unnecessary travel.

I just took my usual regional train last night it was packed af. So many people with suitcases etc. Deutsche Bahn doesn't bother adding more trains for the new influx of passagers.

And don't forget yesterday we had a train accident that killed 3 people. I am sure it was because of overcapacity (thanks to the unnecessary 9 Euro Ticket) 

On 6/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, arceus said:

SPD and The Green literally are ruining the country. 

This is a legitimately insane (as in very mentally unwell) response to public transit subsidies. :skull:

On 6/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, arceus said:

What I meant is tax payers pay for that ****. :hoetenks: 

I saw this as unnecessary spending because people who work using public transportation either already have their own ticket or the company they work for already gave them it too.

And the fact they offer this in the summer months where people usually go on holiday makes it even more clear that people use it not to go to work but for unnecessary travel.

I just took my usual regional train last night it was packed af. So many people with suitcases etc. Deutsche Bahn doesn't bother adding more trains for the new influx of passagers.

And don't forget yesterday we had a train accident that killed 3 people. I am sure it was because of overcapacity (thanks to the unnecessary 9 Euro Ticket) 

You're the worst, OMG! :deadbanana2:

On 6/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, arceus said:

Well, if you are sure of it :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.