Twitter gay complains about sexual racism - qtweets & replies CLOCK and SKULLDRAG him

DanyelP23

Some people were quick to point out that his "preferences" can also be seen through his twitter likes :thing:

It was quite fked up how the grindr date was into him when he believed the guy he was chatting with was mediteranean, but switched UP when he heard he was part indian.:biblio:

What are your THOTS on this issue?:alexz2:Is it worth sending your grindr matches non clickable links to articles highlighting the racism in dating experienced by gay men of colour?

ATRL please keep it civil & it shouldn't be said, but also keep it NON racist.

Edited by DanyelP23

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ya Ya

• #Beautiful

• Into The Void

• Click Clack

He should be rightfully dragged. It was like that Asian guy who was defending anti-black discrimination in the gay community on his socials yet had like.......3 black guys in all his socials and the rest is white. Like :rip:

I genuinely cannot fathom sending anything other than dirty talk or trolling over Grindr like why are these people posting manifestos

I always find it weird/annoying when people ask my ethnicity, or 'so where do you come from?'. I don't know if that's the right way to feel about it. I guess there's no denying race is one of the first things you notice about a person, but it gets a bit aggravating when people seem to make it the first thing they ask, as if I can't be born and raised in the UK.

What the guy said on Grindr is disheartening - but that's life unfortunately. It's fine to have preferences IMO, but I do think the Grindr guy shouldn't have explicitly stated his preferences. As for the Twitter guy, I would have just kept it moving. No point wasting your energy on someone who wouldn't value you. I certainly wouldn't be posting screenshots on Twitter lol, especially when you clearly have your own preferences.

Edited by Cottonmouth

It’s so funny because they talk about “sexual racism” okay.. why don’t YOU date someone they looks like you then? Why is it ok for you to seek white caqk only?

obviii the guy is probably a racist douche but we need to stop needing white validation 

Edited by Cheers

2 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

I always find it weird/annoying when people ask my ethnicity, or 'so where do you come from?'. I don't know if that's the right way to feel about it.

When I was dating, I would use that as an ice breaker ( i say nationality instead of enthicity), because of expands to comparisons of culture and if they're not from the US learn more about the country they're from. For example my current bf has a detailed history living in Taiwan and Japan so that brought alot of interest and discussion into our early convos.

But I know not many guys are like me and will do the fetishizing instead.

I always scream when snow queens don’t realize how they contribute to sexual racism and get mad when they get rejected by the whites that they themselves thirst after

Regardless of his likes, what he said is true.

Why would you want to pressure someone into thinking you’re attractive? I’m black + I’ve never got when POC beg white people to find them attractive, it’s so cringe and makes your argument about being “open to dating anyone” redundant since you also chase after white men just like the white men you’re complaining about. :deadbanana2: Yes, we should ideally all be open to dating and getting to know someone, but at the end of the day is someone has there preferences and it is not me I am not about to sit around and cry on Twitter about it, especially when there are other people who are probably less judgmental that would be better for me to date.

12 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

But I know not many guys are like me and will do the fetishizing instead.

That's how I usually feel. Even though I'm not in touch with my heritage/origins, I don't mind discussing it. I just don't know if I should find it flattering or weird lol.

If someone does ask my ethnicity, I usually just say "Guess". 

Although, there are a few guys who do say "is it too wrong/early to ask your ethnicity/nationality" or "if you don't mind, could I ask where you're from". In which case, I actually like or prefer that - since they seemingly acknowledge it's a bit off asking about it - so they're a curious/nervous to ask. :rofl:

Edited by Cottonmouth

lmaooo imagine what the black people you’re not attracted to have to go through baby 

Race preference is a thing and its not racism :dancehall: I don't think I have one, but I can see how other people do. Sexual attraction is a physical response and everyones is unique in that category, so I'm not going to accuse someone of racism bc of that. 

This being said the guy who made the tweet is getting roasted and he deserves it :ahh: get him

both are idiots but having a race preference is not a real issue 

That’s racism.  He found him physically and sexually attractive until he labeled his ethnic background.  That’s f***ed up.  It’s one thing to have preferences but it’s another to disregard someone you find attractive because of their ethnicity.    

Also f***ed up that the twitter guy is an active participant in this by only thirsting after white guys.  Does he not see how this is ironic?

Edited by Archetype

47 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

I always find it weird/annoying when people ask my ethnicity, or 'so where do you come from?'. I don't know if that's the right way to feel about it. I guess there's no denying race is one of the first things you notice about a person, but it gets a bit aggravating when people seem to make it the first thing they ask, as if I can't be born and raised in the UK.

This is a tricky one. I'm white and I tend to ask people's heritage/ background/ cultural upbringing pretty quickly because it's usually really interesting, I thinks it's better that they describe it for themselves rather than me assuming because everyone's upbringing can be so different and I also want to know if they come from a religious family that might be homophobic (has happened several times).

I can see how it can be weird/annoying, however ideally it's coming from a place of trying to understand differences and not trying to make you feel "othered".

EDIT: Just to clarify, I also ask other white people on dates/apps about their heritage/ background/ cultural upbringing as they also can have interesting upbringings as well as potential homophobic situations in their immediate family.

Edited by TheCheshireCat

People can have preferences but the fact that this guy was interested before he mentioned that he was Indian is clear racism.

I saw this tweet yesterday and figured he was chasing white gays without even checking :toofunny2:

I agree with what he says. That person who rejected him was a racist POS. If you find someone attractive before you “realise” they aren’t white then that is a racist bias you have about beauty.

On the other hand… Not him trying to drag the POC in his mentions :priceless: No offence to this man but he looks white and therefore has the privilege associated with it. His experience as a white passing gay is pretty different to a gay of colour who can’t hide so easily and he should respect that. 

Also, when he says he is “Latino” but also “Italian” I assume his Latino side is actually European settlers. Again, people seem to have trouble understanding that Latinos can be fully white. 

Giving me the vibes of those PoC gays that will majorly "prefer" white guys, but get mad when the white guy in turn "prefers" other white guys :clown:

Imagine losing interest in someone because you found out they weren’t fully the ethnicity you were fetishizing :deadbanana2: 

Racist but also posting Grindr screenshots will always be cringe + no one cares 

But the guy he was talking to was flat out racist, he thought he was hot until he found out he was Indian :rip:

Yikes! That white gay is really bold with his racism. All of his messages were suspect af. Just block and keep it moving. 

People need to realize that just because they're gay doesn't mean their tastes formed in a vacuum perfectly isolated from the world at large. Our preferences are absolutely influenced by the media we consume, ideas we absorb and the community around us. 

Edited by Pop Life

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.