FLOTUS to debut Nancy Reagan stamp during Pride Month

Fleabag

The nerve of Jill Biden honoring this evil homophobic ghoul at the start of Pride Month. **** her.

As out of touch as her husband, I see.  :juanny:

Looks like Jill should have learned a lesson from Nancy and "Just Say No"

I'm convinced the whole purpose of the Biden administration is to destroy the Democratic party.

Big "at least the segregationists were civil" energy 

Not everything that happens this month has to do with pride month ??

she’s the First Lady so of course she would take part in the unveiling of another former first lady’s stamp. 

Edited by GhostBox

37 minutes ago, Brando said:

Bring back the Trumps!! 

No thanks. 

5 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Not everything that happens this month has to do with pride month ??

she’s the First Lady so of course she would take part in the unveiling of another former first lady’s stamp. 

You... realize who Nancy Reagan is and what she and her husband did to make the AIDS crisis worse, right?

The Bidens personally involving themselves to commemorate this witch is an insult of the highest order.

She is literally right-wing Republican trash like her husband :deadbanana2:

The ONLY times she made points are when she said "Go f**k yourself" to Kamala and when she said "Your candidate [aka Bernie] might be better on Healthcare than Joe is"

17 minutes ago, Jotham said:

Y'all are reaching to find reasons to hate on her. :deadbanana2:

Beginning Pride Month by commemorating the First Lady who did the absolute most she could to make the AIDS crisis worse for the gay community is a good reason to hate on anyone. :heart2: 

6 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Beginning Pride Month by commemorating the First Lady who did the absolute most she could to make the AIDS crisis worse for the gay community is a good reason to hate on anyone. :heart2: 

Clock them, fave :heart2:

not during Pride :deadbanana2:

wait i might need to buy :duca: they will look so good on my mail

The Postal Service is being run by a Trump appointee, who happens to be a huge Republican donor. So, I think we can  figure why this event is happening  when it is.

34 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

The Postal Service is being run by a Trump appointee, who happens to be a huge Republican donor. So, I think we can  figure why this event is happening  when it is.

Jill Biden and the White House are making the active decision to hold this commemoration event during Pride Month. This isn't something that can solely be blamed on DeJoy. The Bidens too have agency to decide that this is what they want to do.

You're giving them excuses.

Serving

George W. Bush, Michelle Obama friendship: Bush shocked over uproar

• ATRL Moderator

Hillary Clinton had to apologize for doing something just like this back in 2016 [x]. Dr. Jill Biden has no excuse to not know this history. :rip: 

**** the Reagans. An early precursor and stepping stone to the current state of America. 

The disgraceful and downright criminal handling of the AIDS crisis by the Reagan administration is not talked about enough. Unfortunately a lot of young queer people haven’t heard about it at all, which might lead to atrocious moves like this to go unnoticed and uncriticized. 

A great book that details the whole era up until the late 80s from a journalistic point of view is “And the band played on” by Randy Shilts. I recommend it to anyone, it’s essential even if you’re not a big reader. 

13 hours ago, Bloo said:

Hillary Clinton had to apologize for doing something just like this back in 2016 [x]. Dr. Jill Biden has no excuse to not know this history. :rip: 

Honey, it’s just a stamp. lol

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Honey, it’s just a stamp. lol

Did I suggest, in any way, that it's an end-of-the-world scenario? No. It's just not a cute look to commemorate a key player in the AIDS crisis on the first day of Pride.

Would you feel as indifferent if it were a stamp of Melania Trump or would that magically be different?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.